TS2000i help

Good Morning All. The $INDU isn't readily available from my data feed so I was wondering if the YM would be a suitable alternative (or am I being a bit dense here)?

Thanks

Steve

Trader333 said:
Ian,

This is what the Global Variable is used for. You need to set up 3 Macci RS screens at one, three and five minute compression. The you open a further screen that is an indicator that references the other three. Do you not have this already ?

Paul

Eerrrrrrrrrrrrr,,

good question,

The thing I like best about Ts2000 is what a thicky it makes me feel !!!!!

So now I have got this far I need another indicator to "glue" them together ?

Ian

Attachments

• macci5.GIF
    macci5.GIF
    97.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi guys,

I have to ask you all a question regarding TS2000i well i have been wanting to buy it and have heard that it is a resource hog and it many times freeezes.

Dell had a intel celeron 2.55 with 19inch FP screen a few weeks ago at $419 US.. would this be able to handle 50 tickers using Greys scanning??

would the dual cores work good for this?

money is sort of a issue right now but with the week i had last week it may not be like that for much longer. :)

I know Ebay had a 2000i for $350 US with other add ons in the past like 4 gigs of data and some EL books.

now they have standalones with jsut the program for around $100 US is it worth waiting and getting the one with all the data and PDF files for $ 250 more?

thanks

moreagr said:
Hi guys,

I have to ask you all a question regarding TS2000i well i have been wanting to buy it and have heard that it is a resource hog and it many times freeezes.

Dell had a intel celeron 2.55 with 19inch FP screen a few weeks ago at $419 US.. would this be able to handle 50 tickers using Greys scanning??

money is sort of a issue right now but with the week i had last week it may not be like that for much longer. :)

I know Ebay had a 2000i for $350 US with other add ons in the past like 4 gigs of data and some EL books.

now they have standalones with jsut the program for around $100 US is it worth waiting and getting the one with all the data and PDF files for $ 250 more?

thanks
G1 has a Dell with dual core prcessor and 4 gig of RAM.

Running TS2000i, his trading platform and email it will not handle more than about 27 stocks.

Still makes plenty of money though!

moreagr said:
Hi guys,

thanks

Imho -
Be careful with Ebay for TS2000i, there are scams about.
If anyone won't let you pay via Paypal, especially for cut-price offers, then stay well clear of them because you have no insurance against scams.
Scammers seem to use Western Union a lot.
Glenn

thanks Glenn i'll check for paypal avliability... there was one seller reselling multiple copies every other day for aver a week a few weeks ago. thanks for the heads up. :)

moreagr said:
thanks Glenn i'll check for paypal avliability... there was one seller reselling multiple copies every other day for aver a week a few weeks ago. thanks for the heads up. :)

Sadly I don't think there are that many genuine copies available on ebay (If you can find someone selling one with the original retail box you might be ok). Without a genuine password you won't be able to get full access to the users forum at TS :cool:

samtron,

hmmm well there is always hope i guess :LOL: maybe i''ll give in and open a brokerage account in a few months.

so if i get a genuine TS2000i with a passward will i have access to the forum??

or if i go with TS and get TS8 will the same easy language code work with the new software version? or is it different with each new version that comes out??

so if i get a genuine TS2000i with a passward will i have access to the forum??

Yes if you also get the user name which is unique.

or if i go with TS and get TS8 will the same easy language code work with the new software version? or is it different with each new version that comes out??

Most of the time it will work but there are some differences.

Paul

Custom Indicator in Radar Screen

Erm ... Help !

I've coded a Custom Indicator which works fine on a chart.
To put it into Radar Screen you have to edit the Indicators properties in the Power Editor.
In the Applications Tab there is a box called 'Available to'.
However there is only one option in this box and that is Chart Analysis. There is no option to make it available to Radar Screen.
So how do you make a Custom Indicator available to Radar Screen ?

Any advice much appreciated.
Glenn

Glenn;

there's no way to Change an indicator in the way u need(in my knowledge), but it's quite possible to open a new indicator, make avail to all options possible, and then copy and re-compile the indicator with a new name. this works and i had the same problem b4 and been solved this way. i hope it works for u too.

Regards
Kako

Kako
Many thanks, I'll give it a try.
Regards
Glenn

kako said:
Glenn;

there's no way to Change an indicator in the way u need(in my knowledge), but it's quite possible to open a new indicator, make avail to all options possible, and then copy and re-compile the indicator with a new name. this works and i had the same problem b4 and been solved this way. i hope it works for u too.

Regards
Kako

Glenn said:
Erm ... Help !

I've coded a Custom Indicator which works fine on a chart.
To put it into Radar Screen you have to edit the Indicators properties in the Power Editor.
In the Applications Tab there is a box called 'Available to'.
However there is only one option in this box and that is Chart Analysis. There is no option to make it available to Radar Screen.
So how do you make a Custom Indicator available to Radar Screen ?

Any advice much appreciated.
Glenn

Open a file that already works in radar, RENAME IT ("Save as" eg my specialradarindi :) )
Keep that file open, but delete its contents, now open the indicator you want to work with radar, and copy all the contents to your clipboard, and then past the contents in the file that you have renamed. You might have to "tweak" the file a little to get it to work properly

If find an easier way please let me know :) as I had a similar problem.

samtron said:
Open a file that already works in radar, RENAME IT ("Save as" eg my specialradarindi :) )
Keep that file open, but delete its contents, now open the indicator you want to work with radar, and copy all the contents to your clipboard, and then past the contents in the file that you have renamed. You might have to "tweak" the file a little to get it to work properly

If find an easier way please let me know :) as I had a similar problem.

Samtron
Many thanks to you too. :)
Regards
Glenn

Hi All. Could anyone please help me to understand what I am doing wrong here.... In TS2000i, I am displaying a chart of ,say, AAPL in short time frame (5 mins or less). I have overlayed an indicator (VWAP with MPD). All seems fine but when I increase or decrease 'bar width' (ie. changing the width of the bars so to fit more/less on the screen) the plotted values of the VWAP/MPD's also change. Its as if its using data thats on the screen rather than from the start of the days session which is what I want.

Many Thanks

Steve

Evostic;

yes, the same problem here, anyway i hope when trying in RealTime, things could be fine, as it can't be different in RT.
in the history, when u put the mouse cursor on the chart(candles) and drag to left/right it, price goes up and down, MPDs are intact on the chart, but with a little dragging to left/right it can move too much.
see the attached image, it's the same part of chart, with a little difference in time.

even when i change the setting>scaling>screen it's the same! i hope ppl with more experience in TS like trader333 could have an answer to this.

Regards
Kako

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 18
I use TS 8.1 so it could be different but check you have scale set to "same as Underlying Data"

Look in the format indicator dialogue box. Select the scaling tab. In 8.1 it is under "Axis" in the "Scale on" drop down menu. Hope this makes sense.

Gareth

yes worked and thnx alot gareth. owe u 1 ;-)

Regards
Kako

Hi garethB. Thanks for the suggestion. The closest I can find is under 'SCALE'. It defaults to 'SCREEN' but there is an option for 'ENTIRE DATA SERIES'. I changed it to this but still seem to have a problem. KAKA - are you on TS2000i and if so what did you change.

Thanks folks,

Cheers

Steve