Trini trader keeps a journal

i also plan an exit before an FA. If the market continues, it should give a new signal. The above is the trade i complained about not taking on wednesday night (asian session). I taught it went too high before entry signal though that isn't part of the filter criteria. That is one of the most clear cu examples i saw

on the 15 min chart signals in which the EMA is inside the envelope are ignored.
the stop is placed below the last high or low that touched the EMA.

that is about it

Last edited:
entry buy. 148.75. this was a reversal entry. it failed. however the market is not making an entry in the other direction. booooo (n)

next setup entry was sell at 148.09. didnt take it because i had just lost. It dropped 90 pips and is starting to show major retracement with an FA in the next few min. i goin an sleep:sleep:

GBP/JPY in demo. (losing confidence in convergences)
sell: 150.97
sl: 151.28
sl to be moved to BE after 25 pip drop

i traded in the demo since there is an FA in 2 min or so on the AUD and i dont know if this will affect the gbp jpy. I also missed the appropriate entry by a few pips again. I hope this dosent keep happening since it will skew results against all the backtests

i just saw that someone else already created the strategy before me. I hope it was profitable for them.
Envelopes Trading
by Suniiel A Mangwani.
I really did not know he made it first. Any body ever use this strategy?

new entry
buy. 151.878
stop. 151.578
got stopped out for loss. there were 2 large red candles before entry. I ignored them and stuck to the system. i dont know weather to be happy or vex. i hope i can just as routinely hit the trigger when it is time to make a profit. (n)

new entry sell 151.354 stop 151.654.
Saw 35 pips, ended with 2. i stuck to the system though it didnt pay. well maby a little. on to the next one. maby i should go after smaller profit targets after a loss. nahhhhhhhhhhhh nex ting i miss the pay day!

another loss. BS entered short 152.779 stop 153.079. i gettin real fed up wit these duds. i wonder if this sys could really work wit real money. mayby i should drop back leverage to 10 :1 and trade EUR USD. On a side note started writing job applications today.

ok almost completed creation of my micro account so i can take trades without worry. i hope. also decided to tweak the strategy and it now uses 3 ema's 13,21and 50. buy trades are where resistance is broken with support at the low becomes my stoploss. entry criteria requires a close or open (preferebly both) in the EMA's. Target take profit is 61.8 retracement and second position will be ridden by moving the stop loss at each low created which touches the 13 ema until the end of the day (close of the European session)

entered short on the EUR/JPY. having doubts and i'm set to go long on the EUR/USD and GBP USD if this dosent work out. (demo money so taking many trades to get comfy with systems)

took profit at 136.03 yessssss. also closed the buy orders in EUR/usd and gbp/usd. they are ranging. looking out for a break out those ranges.

ok i just entered in a rangy gbp/ usd based on the morning breakout. not taking any trades on my other system since it is a trend follower and the markets are stagnating into ranges.

entry: sell stop 1.6749 sl 1.6781 and tp 1.6681.

I dont expect a smooth ride since the entry is going to need to break the 50 EMA on the 4hr timeframe. not too many other resisstance levels other than that recently. start of enty will have some movement from an FA.

i manually closed for 7 pip profit. was showing significant resistance at a level it tested 3 times and i''m dissapointed i didn't close there. there are opposite signals between eur, jpy and gbp crosses with the usd so i dont think the premise of my short holds. could have had 20. dam it:mad:

it just came down and broke the level.
and i would have had a B.E stop loss as per the real rules not 10 min later self:mad::mad::mad::!:

ahhhhh at least i would have been stopped out. on another note that was not a proper trade according to the rules. review please!

Last edited:
i am adding a second strategy. it looked good last week and I should be able to get a trade when the market is trending but i don't have a setup because the market is moving too strongly. also it is easier for me to spot so i wont have problems wondering if a swing was good enough or too choppy like today when euro session was looking rangy and caused me to avoid entrance.

two new strategies while forward testing. good idea or bad?

entry sell 159.30
sl 159.89
tp 158.57
this is a breakout trade of the opening 30 min which i intend to continue using (hopefully) the only bad thing is there is a bit of jumbled price action prior to entry but i am expecting that to subside. there i one heavy resistance point to break before my tp where i tested the methodology on the Japanese open earlier. (4o demo pips profit) my stoploss is on the other side of the range in case the market continues to range, it should not get hit. If i am not profitable by the start of the US session i will go to sleep.