Tribal Wars-browser-based game

Ah, so perhaps focusing on mining iron and trading for other things is the way forward since everyone wants iron. Have you tried negotiating them down?

I have sent 6 troops to capture the bonus village @ 150,173. I am clean out of wood, but will concentrate on upgrading my market (wall street and all) specifically.

Moving forward:

*If you protect me while I build the market, i will let you take advantage of my bonus village - unsure how this would work though, if you send me the resources to recruit @ cost I'll send the troops straight back to you?

*Lets take out the village Lulzania @ 150,174

* I do have a palladin.

Hm, is that the best way to do this longevity-wise? I would prefer to keep my head low until my army is ridiculous.

you can't keep a low profile.
the fastest way to grow is to get more resources.
the fastest way to get resources is to grab it from slower neighbours.

Find 2 or 3 nearby villages without much protection (you may lose a few spearmen in the process of eliminating strong villages :( )
then "farm" them like crazy - rotate your attacks until they bleed dry.
A quick sum is to divide the total haul by the number of soldiers you send. Anything over 25 is excellent, anything under 17, you can tell the target village is being pillaged out. Wait out while it builds up its resources then attack again

Ah, so perhaps focusing on mining iron and trading for other things is the way forward since everyone wants iron. Have you tried negotiating them down?

STRICTLY 1:1..... it's like trading the charts - be patient, price will come to you :cheesy:

Subject Offer of mikubba accepted
Sent May 22,2008 15:28
Seller: mikubba
Village: linear algebra (132|559) K51
Buyer: rathcoole
Village: peace love and harmony village (39|531) K50

mikubba has sold: 1.000
rathcoole has paid: 1.000

The resources were shipped automatically.
forward Delete >>

i've just entered a trade with another village who is on continent K51, right next door.
But it's still going to take those lazy bone-idle merchants 9.5 hours each way !!
They must belong to the Teamsters Union ?

That is a long time! Mebbe they're French.

I wonder therefore if the best way of working together is to attack at the same time.

If I find a village that's empty and send troops to it, will I get to keep it?

no you can just plunder it for whatever resources you find there.

but be aware you'll still probably lose at least one spearman to accidental death, exposure, heat etc. Unless you send your Paladin along with the troops. But do you really want to waste that special resource on an abandoned village ?
Better, imho, to try to find unprotected, easy pickings from inhabited villages. Same risk, better rewards. There are a lot of lessons here, for and from the world of trading eh ? :)

My troops should arrive in the bonus village in about an hour, I'll let you know what happens.

Registered yesterday world 18, not on yet due to techie probs, but looking forward to it........ :)

OTC wood deal.

I am a buyer of wood; currently I am @ 100 wood = 86 Iron and will deal at this or best.

I'll bid 344 iron for 400 Wood.

My troops are on their way back from the abandoned village.

OTC wood deal.

I am a buyer of wood; currently I am @ 100 wood = 86 Iron and will deal at this or best.

I'll bid 344 iron for 400 Wood.

Y'see that's what I am thinking is a bit out of alignment. You want wood but you offer less iron. If you want something then surely you need to encourage people to part with their stuff. I reckon you could negotiate people down if they need something in high demand. Everyone wants iron...

My troop arrived at the village. Then nothing... do I not get a report? (I sent 1 troop.)

That deal is at fair value for me, it was on OTC offering to my fellow tribesmen. If I have to approach the open market, i will deal aggressively (depending on how much the demand for iron is)

can you recall which continent you're on ?

Hello RE, not yet mate, cos my Broadband dropped off, likely the weekend when I'll be having a look to kick ass mate, on wifes laptop at the mo.......

I assume its a bit like age of empires? Not fully got into these online games, but... the devils in me I think..... :)