Tribal Wars-browser-based game

Oh, I thought you just applied by searching for the tribe name. What's your name on the game?

hang on... maybe it's just a statue. TBH i don't really know what I'm doing, apart from watching my swissy and kiwi positions and waiting for the open.

I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to trading. People seem to be putting in slightly cranky offers... they want iron but won't pay for it eg 1000 clay offered for 2000 iron. Seems a bit silly. Wonder if I can reverse that ratio a bit if they want iron.

I wonder... do you think we can form some sort of trading tribe so someone dedicates all their resources to mining and then trades with others, splitting profits equally? The other members of the tribe build up their army as protection? Might be too complicated.

I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to trading.

yes definetly. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm convinced now. I'd rather use my resources to recruit soldiers, send them out pillaging then trade for whatever I'm still short of while the soldiers go out again.
it seems to me that it's a good use of time, to double up activity - pillaging while the merchants are travelling with their wares, 'cos otherwise the merchants are a wasted resource.

do you think we can form some sort of trading tribe so someone dedicates all their resources to mining and then trades with others, splitting profits equally? The other members of the tribe build up their army as protection? Might be too complicated.

The downside is that the transfers usually take several hours. Could be that our villages are so far apart, it might take even days for the merchants to travel in between.
But we can certainly look at it informally.

Hehe. Thing is, I don't think there is any benefit to trading. Everyone wants iron, so you end up with loads of wood and clay. This just allows you to build more buildings to get more iron, then. So, what?

Hehe. Thing is, I don't think there is any benefit to trading. Everyone wants iron, so you end up with loads of wood and clay. This just allows you to build more buildings to get more iron, then. So, what?

i let my iron build up so much that i have excess, then swap it for wood (for spear and axe shafts) (I have never upgraded my timber yard or clay mine)
There's a synergy in having a lot of iron, the smithy, and recruiting better troops & weapons

Hm, is that the best way to do this longevity-wise? I would prefer to keep my head low until my army is ridiculous.

i've just entered a trade with another village who is on continent K51, right next door.
But it's still going to take those lazy bone-idle merchants 9.5 hours each way !!
They must belong to the Teamsters Union ?