Trading 'Gurus' and censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I do think that T2W could do with an 'Acceptable Use Policy' a kind of constitution defining acceptable behaviour for both posters and moderators.

Then when a post is removed the moderater can refer to which part of the AUP has been broken, or moderators can remind posters of it when threads start getting out of hand.

Otherwise what is and isn't acceptable can be completely arbitrary, and posts are removed with no reason given, leaving the poster none the wiser.

This would at least encourage consistent posting and moderating. It doesn't have to be created all in one go, it could be updated over time as required.

It would be nice to have some feedback from Sharkey on this one.

cheers,
Pete.

I do seem to recall that I warned you about the fact that what you posted about a member on these boards was defamatory.

I also asked you to apologise to him.

You appear to have conveniently forgotten about this, and tried to change the subject.

No-one is permitted to post anything on these boards which is defamatory. You appear to think that you are above 'rules'. Now, tell me, am I correct in thinking that your surname has 7 letters, and the second one is an 'o'?

Skim

I posted a message in the Duncan Robertson –Chief Wizard thread because I thought Socrates had insulted me as I am one of the losers. At any rate he was exceedingly condescending and patronising to the subsection of T2W of which I am part. I did not see why he should be allowed to get away with this.

You accused me of bullying him. My view was that he was “bullying” me.

Also I PMed you with my views as to what his real purpose is in using this BB.

As I said to you I am more than willing to apologise unreservedly if my suspicions are unfounded and also if Socrates apologises for insulting and patronising losers like me. I have not done anything to him but he keeps on and on at people like me. We have enough to contend with without being insulted as a group. Quite frankly if he is allowed to be patronising and condescending to us you must expect that eventually we will react. Its not a big deal really but ANY criticism of Socrates seems to be a might big deal.

Just my view

Regards

Gerard

Skimbleshanks,

As I said, I understand that I have not been defamatory so will not apologise. I suggest you get a second opinion from the other moderators, Sharky or take legal advice.

I'm sure that Socrates/Albert Labos is quite capable of defending himself, and posting information about his background in trading and training.

Surely he does not need you to defend him by posting veiled threats to reveal my personal details on T2W.

This just proves my point about the need for an Acceptable Use Policy for posters and moderators alike.

cheers,
Pete.

PS Can all posters to this thread save a copy for reference.

Whilst I dont agree with everything that has happened recently personally I think its time to move on and put this behind us.

A moderators job is a very difficult one and would not be something that i would want to do so fair play to them. I do know of one forum (non-financial) that had to be shut down due to comments posted so can understand why the moderators need to act.

SOCRATES said:
Chartman and Skim, both of you are trying to teach people manners. You are both trying to make water run uphill. You are both making a sterling effort. Trying to educate the uneducatable does not pay. For this reason I have incinerated yesterday evening thousands of pounds worth of books and texts that I had set aside and intended as gifts, that is free of charge, postage paid, in padded envelopes, all of which were surplus to my requirements, for the benefit of members, any member, who felt a need for them, on a first come first served basis.

I furthermore intended to do a thread exclusively devoted to the finer points of supply and demand, also at an extremely high level, not found in textbooks, for different instruments, particularly ES, in real time, with a fully annotated commentary as events unfolded, to cover point and figure, candles, bars, and tape reading.
Not any more.

As a consequence of the threats and rudeness with which I am rewarded by aggressive and rude individuals who are oblivious of the true facts, but just post stupidly for the sake of being rude and aggressive with the intent of doing me harm, I therefore now take the posture that no one member on this website is entitled any more to ask me any questions, or to seek any advice, or any help of any sort.

That is it, and nothing will make me change my mind on this, thank you both for your support.

its all true!!! i can smell the fire from where i live.

...wait....hang on....

...sniff snifff...

...no thats not smoke......

...its......

...its.....

BULLSH1T

I see my role as protecting ANYONE on these boards who, though their posts, is harassed, bullied, and libelled when they are not selling any service or goods. Just because you may not agree with what is posted does not mean that gives you the right to bully and harass. That is something that everyone here should abide by. Sharky has repeated that, only yesterday. How many more times does this need to the stated?

There is the facility on these boards to IGNORE the posts by another member, so I suggest you use it.

I am not threatening to reveal smileypete's personal details, I am just letting you and others know that ALL BULLETIN BOARDS have to protect themselves legally, and by posting on boards you are not as invisible as you may think you are.

So I suggest everyone just cools down, and THINKS of the potential consequences BEFORE they post any personal attack on another T2W member.

And I am taking this opportunity of closing this thread. Sharky stated yesterday that the matter had run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.