Trading 'Gurus' and censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a waste, and everybody who needs help loses, but I cannot and will not allow this to go on, I have much more fruitful potentialities to attend to, and I need balance and peace in order to able to operate at my full potential, sorry.

Speculative general comment:- If a ‘trader’ (sic) falls apart handling the cut’n’thrust of BB debate – much of it tinged with humour…..(some black admittedly......….)

How on earth can they convince anyone that they can handle trading the financial markets where a much thicker skin is required……?

(answers here please – no pm’s or postcards allowed……….and don't you dare refer me to JftB..... ;) )

smileypete said:
Since that person has portrayed themselves as an expert on trading psycology, to my mind it is legitimate and reasonable to ask whether that expertise has bought them trading success.
Posting reply before reading to last post in this thread...no apologies.

Pete, to be an expert trading psychologist does not require that you also be an expert trader.

Any more than expert traders are necessarily expert trading psychologists.

I appreciate that isn't the point you're trying to make and isn't where you want to be, but I thought the point significant enough to warrant a comment.

an "expert trading psychologist "

total and complete nonsense!

an expert trader is definable by his/her ability to trade profitably for at least 3 years

a "expert trading psychologist" is definable by the number of people he/she can get to believe in his/her nonsense

Last edited:
Qote from Skim.....

"Did you not understand the bit about what you posted being defamatory? I understand that Socrates has deep pockets. So deep in fact that they touch the ground."

Skim,

No point in having deep pockets if you have short arms.

Very true. My best friend has the shortest arms I've ever known, and incidentally he's from your neck of the woods although I would be loathe to make any direct assocation between Ecosse and short arms. :cheesy:

And having short arms seems to do wonders for his bank balance - and, coincidentally, quite the opposite for mine! LOL

Hi,

I'm back again. (Sorry!)

Firstly can all contributors to this thread please keep it civil, otherwise Sharky will lock the thread and there will be no more discussion of Socrates.

tbc....

Last edited:
Two Little Boys

Two little boys lived on opposite sides of the same town. Each was struggling to ride a bike without stabilisers.
Everytime they tried to turn they fell off. Over and over again. Neither of them knew what they were doing wrong but they knew it hurt .

Boy A lived on the dark side of town and was given some advice.
His HP was explained to him and that it just wouldn’t do. He needed something entirely separate called a CP. He was assured that he was special - only a step away from the elite (subject to approval) who knew how to ride a bike. As it was he was already one step above the dunces and the duffers who only understood “mechanical methods”. He was promised that if he persevered, he could gain enlightenment, become a darksider and, er, ride a bike…given time.

Meanwhile, on the light side of town, Boy B’s Dad came out to say a few words:
“You need to lean into the corner, Son.”

... and 15 years later Boy B was happily bicycling to work when he happened to pedal past the bicycle factory and saw Boy A sweeping through the gates in a shiny big car and pull into the reserved car parking place marked 'Controlling Shareholder'. :cheesy:

Or am I confusing stories here?

continued...

Anyway, dc2000 has made a valid point that Socrates may be a long term trader so there is not much point in him posting real time trades.

Fair enough, but it would be nice to know a bit more background about him and his trading.

Does he trade, if so what does he trade, and over what duration?

Does he or did he give courses, if so how long were they and how much did they cost?

Is he really Albert Labos aka 'Chief Wizard', as discussed in this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10833

Also TheBramble has pointed out that being an expert on trading psycology does not require you to be an expert trader.

If so and in any case, I expect it would be worth examining the role of psycology in trading itself. I would recommend asking several expert traders such as Naz, Mr Charts as to how important psycology is to their trading.

If a number expert traders don't rate psycology that highly, do you believe them or the trading psycologists?

cheers,
Pete.

Skimbleshanks said:
... and 15 years later Boy B was happily bicycling to work when he happened to pedal past the bicycle factory and saw Boy A sweeping through the gates in a shiny big car and pull into the reserved car parking place marked 'Controlling Shareholder'. :cheesy:

touché! :cheesy:

Skimbleshanks said:

Or am I confusing stories here?

But who taught Boy A to drive?

I still don't understand why Socrates is allowed to talk down to other T2win members and call us all "losers" and "children". If he doesn't like the sometimes poor behaviour on the boards, why can't he have his own private thread? Then those of us who don't like the fact that he gets treated differently to the rest of us could just ignore him.

Can all contributors to this thread please keep it civil and try to stay reasonably on topic. Thanks! :cheesy:

Bigbusiness said:
I still don't understand why Socrates is allowed to talk down to other T2win members and call us all "losers" and "children". If he doesn't like the sometimes poor behaviour on the boards, why can't he have his own private thread? Then those of us who don't like the fact that he gets treated differently to the rest of us could just ignore him.

I have to say I agree.

I have only just started reading this thread (and the other "basement"one which Socrates started).

Whether I agree or not with Socrates posts is irrelevant.

There are many threads on T2W , some of which have lively debate, opinion, and sometimes there are even those where posters have been abusive.

However, the warning which appears at the beginning of the "basement" thread must be a joke.

Why not have this warning on every thread?...Why does it only exist for Socrates?...Is he really that precious that he needs protection?

The rest of us are able to fight our own battles....why not him?

I'm not sure that moderators should be seen to be giving preferential treatment (or should that be protection) to some members and not others.

If you cant' stand the heat........

Just an observation..

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Talked about, yes keeps one in the 'public' eye.........

Interesting study in the exploitation of crowd psychology in the Socrates saga……he was obviously aware that ‘conflict’ and bizarre behaviour attracts mob interest, and would ensure the ‘hits’ on the ‘JftB’ thread…and he undoubtedly had a fascination with the number of hits the thread was receiving, marvelling at it many times and counting to the 100,000th when he revealed his (apparently) ‘true’ identity - for just long enough – and then promptly withdrew it………!?

The same syndrome is exploited by the producers of TV soaps like Coronation Street and East Enders – both feature constant conflict and somewhat larger than life strange characters, and therefore they are always at the top of the viewer ratings – clever stuff, huh….?

He’s left the grail seekers and wanabees hanging from the basement ceiling looking for the stairs up. PM is the only way to go, just the way he wanted it all along…...they might get an invitation to join him in the ‘star chamber’ if they’re good….very good.........very polite.......don't ask silly questions.........make it clear that you're 'wired' just like him........WCM's need not apply.....

And of course he can be sure that the aftermath of his ‘performance’ will be rumbling on for some time yet……..more attention and publicity and he might even ‘pop-in’ from time to time to ‘fan the flames’ (he likes bonfires…..)

Very clever stuff some might say………!

Attachments

• jim.jpg
    jim.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 500
  • dot.jpg
    dot.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.