Trading Ftse £1 Per Pip, With 3000 Pip Stoploss!! :)

But if you really are so great and sucessful why arent you a millionaire living on a tropical island somewhere,

I am

okay, strictly speaking Bangkok isn't on an island but it is tropical and we're 2 hours from the beach resorts

what's your point ?

you seen my posts on the thread about Triggers for trades ?

I joked that if it's sunny I go Long, if it's raining I go Short.

So we've just entered the Bearish Season :)

Are you in Krung Thep too, or somewhere less crazy ?

Hey Spanish... - in 5 weeks I am downing tools and I am off to Phuket and Singapore for a well deserved 2 month break... lovely.... i might even go to China as well is the mood takes me...

Your 60 quid might buy me few Singha's but thats about it mate.. ... I will be thinking of you and laughing my ar*e off whilst having a nice massage on the beach... ha ha ha...
So do you think I can afford this luxury break by being stupid with Money and taking Massive stupid risks? like you ??? NO...

you seem to be rubbing everyone up the wrong way... WHY ? perhaps your just a bit like that...

You are probably correct in saying that all the people on this site might not be who they think they are .. and your right (for once).. loads of posts does not make you any better than anyone else

... but some of them are the real thing, and some do have very good advice to give... but you seem to be the sort of impetuous youth who will not listen at all...

I will give you one thing... your very entertaining... perhaps you should consider a job as a "CLOWN"

actually i think you are all being unfair, i am learning an incredible amount from our dear friend el spanish, i am indeed using his strategy to great effect today
spanish i think that when your position goes against you maybe you should consider adding to it, then you can make even more money, i think you aare on to a winner
in fact i am so impressed i am going to speak to my boss right now and see if i can get you a job as a proper prop shopper
bravo for the spanish fly, you have given me trading wood !

Hey prop you might be right... if enough of us Pile in.. perhaps we could create momentum lol loll lol

Spanish is the new messiah ...

Can someone help me? I bought the FTSE at £1 a point at 6752 on 15th October 2007. As it happened it didn't even go 1 tick into profit.

I'm now £679 down and have been holding this for 7 months. :(

I thought this strategy was really good. I'm so disillusioned.

I wish I had just put the money I used for margin into a bank. 1 penny in interest would have been a better result.

Last edited:
you seen my posts on the thread about Triggers for trades ?

I joked that if it's sunny I go Long, if it's raining I go Short.

So we've just entered the Bearish Season :)

Are you in Krung Thep too, or somewhere less crazy ?

LOL ! It's a 6 month bear market then...

I'm currently sitting in an office in Silom & I live just up the road in Lang Suan. It's reasonably crazy here...

dante, at these levels there is no way you should be long £1 per point
increase size now to at least £10 per point

But if you really are so great and sucessful why arent you a millionaire living on a tropical island somewhere,
instead of spending all you time on some website trying to criticise everyone else just so you feel big??

What the hell is it with tropical islands and dusky, big breasted virgins? Not everyone has them as their goal in life!

All I want is a comfy house and a sports car. Oh, I have that. Huzzar!

Hang on, he didn't mention dusky, big breasted virgins, did he? Oops. :whistling

LOL ! It's a 6 month bear market then...

I'm currently sitting in an office in Silom & I live just up the road in Lang Suan. It's reasonably crazy here...

My office Lang Suan
Home is Suan Lang (On Nut)
Get's a bit confusing at times :)

It was Ed Seykota who said "Win or lose, everyone gets what they want out of the markets". I firmly believe this is true.

I have read many of Spanishs' posts and in all of them I see an almost desperate HOPE.

Buying the FTSE with a 6,000 + stop that will almost certainly never get hit, allows him to experience this feeling of HOPE each and every day in the market.

Every day, every uptick, every sustained rally there is HOPE that the market will come back. That he will make money. That money can be made in this game. That it will all be worthwhile.

When I first joined T2W I felt inclined to try and pass on experience and tell people what I think will and will not work but now I realise that you can't tell the majority of people. They must learn for themselves. Any experienced trader here knows the outcome of Spanishs' "experiment" already. He will probably take a profit of £50 many, many times. Sometimes it will take him an hour, sometimes a week but the profit will keep coming until the one time the market falls and he doesn't see his money again for many, many years.

We already established on another thread that someone doing this strategy in the Nasdaq would have taken 9 years for his profits to come back.

If it was a rolling trade it would never come back as the result of the interest over the nine years would probably never be able to be overcome.

If it was a futures contract then rolling it would have caused repeated monetary losses that have to be met on expiry with cash.

So lets let Spanish get on with it...

A friend of mine left a postick note on my computer screen the other day. It read "intentions = results"

Something to think about.

Last edited:
yes ! That's it !
that must be where Markus (BSD) has disappeared to.
I'd better pop out to soi Cowboy later, see if I can track him down :)

top post dante, I'd give you some rep but damn t2w says I need to spread it first.

He won't listen, his last post proves this. What he fails to appreciate is that if the index falls by 1000 points - he has to pay for that loss unrealised or not - with margin. If he doesn't cough up the £1000 then his position gets closed and he loses all the money in his account. From what I know of him - he doesn't have that kind of money to hand.

A drop from todays close of 6069 to 5069 is not beyond the realms of possibility. We are just toppling off the top of the biggest credit bubble in history, soaring interest rates & commodity prices means that households everywhere are going to tighten their belts. This will ripple through to the equity markets in the coming months with profit warnings galore. 5069 is a distinct possiblity.....

RC,

Edgeley is only one-and-half hours from Blackpool. And we don't get malaria (might get frostbite but that's what makes us 'ard).

Grant.

My office is on Boulevard Du General LeClerc
My home is on Avenue Saint-Laurent
My girlfriend is called Pipi
And I fckin' 'ate Edith Piaf

Sacre bleu.

Grant.