Trading Ftse £1 Per Pip, With 3000 Pip Stoploss!! :)

Just do what you are saying. Repeat and Rinse. You will obviously continue to make a fortune.

The only thing I regret is that the Spread Betting company will profit from you rather than some real trader.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

If thats so and your so certain then why cant you simply give 2 short straight answers to prove it using logic facts and numbers?? :cheesy:

Yes we all know you can talk and talk and talk about your 'opinion', but why cant you now back your opinion up with factual numerical reasoning?? :LOL:

Last edited:
And all that after Mr Gecko actually made the effort to get something through that thick skull of yours. You simply don't get it. You are an ungrateful wretch spanish.

- perhaps its time to take that job as a policeman?

How brainless and stubborn are you mate?? :LOL::devilish::LOL:

If you are so certain taht im wrong and your right then why cant you simply give 2 short straight answers to prove it using logic facts and numbers??

WELL???????

Thats exactly the point - whatever money you leave in your SB account is just going to be sitting there idle, not earning any interest, just depreciating due to inflation - If you left the money in the bank, it would be earning interest above inflation - i.e. slowly becoming more valuable. If you leave it in an SB account, it's not earning interest and becoming less valuable, so you need to compensate for this from your trade. Not saying that you won't, but you need to include it in your sums. Moreover, if you are putting this on your credit card, you have to make money on the trade just to pay the interest on your CC balance.

All of this is secondary, however, to the risk:reward you are accepting, which is absurd.

Aside from that spanish, it doesn't bode well to spout abuse at people who disagree with you. I have tried, and will continue to do so (up to a point), to explain to you the pitfalls in your plan. If you don't understand, ask, don't get angry. There is a mountain of information here, along with some very experienced traders, who I am sure will be willing to contribute what they can. Posts like the first one in this thread are only likely to make them ignore you.

Your aiming to small Spanish.

I'd recommend you open a DA account and go with the Nikkei instead. Better still, buy oil, that won't go under $100 for a while ;)

My bank is complete *crap* though!! HAHA

I already had to sue them for £63 of unfair penalty fees.

And im earning about 10p interest per month, with a halifax high interest current account!!

I very very much doubt the inflation is going to rise so fast to outweigh my profits, that could very very easily be a few £100 per week.

(as i have given a clear explanation based on numbers and facts, something which no-one else has still been willing to also do).

Your aiming to small Spanish.

I'd recommend you open a DA account and go with the Nikkei instead. Better still, buy oil, that won't go under $100 for a while ;)

Oil is what i normally like to trade, and ive been doing alot of research about it.

And i am intending on trading like this with oil when i have enough capital...,
however i simply just have nowhere near enough liquid cash to use as the capital to cover the spread i would want on oil ($75 is where i would want stoploss).

For now however i am more than happy to earn maybe even just £30 per week profit.

And for those of you who are going on and on about how 'risky' i am making it, please just read my post, then read it again, and again,and again, and then get a dictionary and read!! :LOL:

Im 'buying out the entire market' with my stoploss for a reason!!

So that the only way my stoploss can actually be hit is if the entire UK stock market and economy is completely wiped out and worth nothing!!

And so i then will have the freedom to not get panicy if the market falls, even huge giant fall, because i will still have upto 4months for it to recover even if it does fall, and then still make profit.

Sorry if i sound rude, im normally such a calm amicable ncie friendly guy..., shadowninja can even vouch for that personally.

Its just i thought city traders are meant to be the top academic minds in the country, yet so many of the people here seem to be completely unable to read, lack any common sense or logic skills, and yet are just bigheaded and pompous, just full of hot air!! :LOL::devilish::devilish::LOL:

No. You are obviously right.

Please. Trade this wonderful strategy of yours and post the results so that we can all celebrate your success.

To other potential posters: Please don't try to dissuade him. He has proven in other threads that he never gets it so why waste your breath. It will be much more entertaining to have him demonstrate the excellence of this new strategy. Someone will profit from it.

You have had your two straight answers. Your inability to see them is not the fault of any of the writers here.

I dont know how you think you managed to answer my 2 questions since you didnt even manage to understand what my stratergy was untill it was explained repatedly to you. :LOL:

You've written lot, but its all just hot air with nothing solid.

But if you are so determined that you do have the answers, then please give your 2 SHORT answers below, basing them purely on numbers and fact-

Im going to buy the FTSE at 6080 (sept futures contract), with a stoploss of 6079pips (so at '1' point).

1. Specify exactly how what i am doing isnt going to make me profit at anytime over the next 4months between now and september, but instead will lose me all my money??

2. And then also specify exactly how what you do is less likely to make you lose money than my idea??

You have had your two straight answers. Your inability to see them is not the fault of any of the writers here.

I encourage you to pursue this strategy. Post your results. We all look forward to celebrating your success.

Oh, and ignore everything that Ninja says - he's just trying to confuse you and stop you trading your wonderful new strategy. Go for it spanish - I'm your #1 fan.

Spanish,
ignore all these guys who just say "no"

I think this play would probably work well with Chaff futures, It's similar to how I trade them myself.
Have yo thought about taking a Long position in Chaff ?

Same principle as you outlined above, I mean Chaff is never going to go to zero, but with leverage, your profits can really max out !!!

As a T2W Advisor, I have recommended to the Moderators that you be banned for abusive language.
And I don't want to see you start yet another thread on the same subject, trying to find SOMEONE who will agree with your genius masterplan.

r_e

As a T2W Advisor, I have recommended to the Moderators that you be banned for abusive language.
And I don't want to see you start yet another thread on the same subject, trying to find SOMEONE who will agree with your genius masterplan.

r_e

Sorry for the language mate, its just the sheer stupidity and bigheadedness of some of the people on here amazes me!! :LOL::LOL:

You're absolutely right Spanish.

Us city traders are just too full of ourselves. It's time we acknowledged your brilliance.

You are the man. Trade this strategy and show us how good it is. I'll follow along and become more and more humble, day by day. You are an inspiration to us all. Show us the way.

You're absolutely right Spanish.

Us city traders are just too full of ourselves. It's time we acknowledged your brilliance.

You are the man. Trade this strategy and show us how good it is. I'll follow along and become more and more humble, day by day. You are an inspiration to us all. Show us the way.

Im not sure what these extra cost are that everyone is going on about, all this interest and stuff....

But i dont have any of that stuff!! :LOL:

Oh but you do spanish. This total lack of knowledge means you should stop trading now as it is obvious you don't know what it is you are trading.

You buy a future - you are paying interest on that position EVERY DAY. The interest you pay is taken by adjusting the price of the future down a little every day. Look at any future, it's price is higher than the actual underlying

e.g. As I write FTSE cash is 6107, Jun Future is 6114 and Sep Future is 6147.

As time goes by the future price will drift down to the price of the cash - so for the Sep Future you are paying 40 points Interest if you hold it to the end.

OK - I just saw this thread for the first time.

It seems to me that this methodology is a good way to tie up 3,000 worth of margin that could be better used elsewhere.

The OP says that he'd be happy with a $500 gain - but there's no guarantee that the FTSE will go up by 500 points in the next few years. There is a recession looming, a commodities bubble, a banking system in crisis etc.

Perhaps a better system at the moment would be to short the FTSE 1 pound a point and have a stop loss 3000 points above the entry price.

If you extrapolate this theory and trade this 'system' amongst many futures, then you could time up a lot of capital without seeing a return for a very long time.

I think that it's the time/interest/opportunity cost that is overlooked in this strategy.

Oh but you do spanish. This total lack of knowledge means you should stop trading now as it is obvious you don't know what it is you are trading.

You buy a future - you are paying interest on that position EVERY DAY. The interest you pay is taken by adjusting the price of the future down a little every day. Look at any future, it's price is higher than the actual underlying

e.g. As I write FTSE cash is 6107, Jun Future is 6114 and Sep Future is 6147.

As time goes by the future price will drift down to the price of the cash - so for the Sep Future you are paying 40 points Interest if you hold it to the end.

So If the the September futures are 40 points above cash, why not short Sept futures and go long Ftse cash ?

Ian

Il start-

Im going to buy the FTSE at 6080 (sept futures contract), with a stoploss of 6079pips (so at '1' point).

I use Tradindex.com, so im not sure what someone in other post was saying about how they will charge me interest and stuff, but none of tht sorta nonsense will be relevenat as its not a brokerage firm, its a spreadbetting site, so the only price im paying is £8, for the 8pip spread i think for that contract. :)

There are only 2 ways that i can now lose any of my money-

1. Between now and september the FTSE 100 market never ever goes up by 10points more than what it currently is at, (5days of straight falling from 6500)!!

2. The entire UK economy collapses, england becomes a 3rd world country, and so the entire UK stockmarket just is completely wiped out and ceases to exist!!! :devilish::LOL::devilish:

Well - if you went to an SB company and put buy on the FTSE with only a 1 point stop loss, then you will 100% certainly get stopped out. You do not need the UK economy to collapse for this to happen.

At worse, the price will gap through your stop loss & you will lose a lot more than 1 pound + spread.

Spanish... please take a look at this picture and tell me what you see ??

This is not meant to be a Jibe.. etc etc... i will leave the insults to others...

Please inspect the chart attached... then perhaps you might have a better perspective on what you are about to do..(y)

Attachments

• chart.bmp
    824.4 KB · Views: 235