Tottenham Riots

Jesus ... I have just found out about these riots! been so busy watching Bloomberg didn't even know what was happening in London!! Sheessh
Must say I am not surprised though. Compare and contrast with a country such as Japan where there was no looting after the Tsunami & I think we get a perfect picture how this country was heading under the liberal left agenda ..... I mean even Cameron needed to affirm the desire to hug a hoodie in order to get elected

I blame Attila for all of this lol

Cameron v Clegg???

Also I see nothing wrong with drugs or prostitution. Celebrities and leaders use these services everyday? By making it illegal we are pushing such people into the hands and protection of the unscroupules characters in society.

Authorities can supply the whole of UK need for approx £50m and alleviate all secondary crime and everything associated with the underworld but they choose not to.

Do you mean supply drugs for £50m? £50m over what period of time? A year? A week? Per year seems wholly implausible to me, because of the costs of public admin alone, without getting into the corollaries.

Please elaborate, I'm genuinely interested.

Jesus ... I have just found out about these riots! been so busy watching Bloomberg didn't even know what was happening in London!! Sheessh
Must say I am not surprised though. Compare and contrast with a country such as Japan where there was no looting after the Tsunami & I think we get a perfect picture how this country was heading under the liberal left agenda ..... I mean even Cameron needed to affirm the desire to hug a hoodie in order to get elected

I blame Attila for all of this lol

Mate if I was commanding the police - I'd be in the mobilising hit squads taking those smashing and damaging property out now. I'd also call up any support from the army. Right now we need an over-reaction and we are getting under or no reaction. Pathetic doesn't say it.

If a few got shot - right now the whole of UK public would be backing action.

This is mindless wrecklessness and I'm baffled by the lack of action by the authorities.

I have compassion for the poor - but this isn't poverty we are fighting right now.

I know some of the kids from the estates they are F@ckwitts , they would stab you at the drop of a hat.

Kids of 13/14 will think nothing of fronting me up (a grown family man).

They have no fear of anyone. Some of the ring leaders are from war torn parts of the world, child soldiers and all sorts. Most of them say they live in shyte holes, they hate the estates they live on, they hate the area they live in. There is never any belief they will ever buy their own flat let alone a house. I got one ex-mate that is so institutionalised he finds it easier to live in prison than on the outside. He’s probably joining in just to get back inside!

Do you mean supply drugs for £50m? £50m over what period of time? A year? A week? Per year seems wholly implausible to me, because of the costs of public admin alone, without getting into the corollaries.

Please elaborate, I'm genuinely interested.

Study was done back in 80s. If you buy drugs from source very cheap. Drugs value goes up as it hits the street purely because it is illegal.

Lot's of studies done on this. Look at the Dutch model. You treat it as an illness and you prescribe the drugs for free by the GP. If means to pay you pay. If no means to pay you get it for free.

The attraction of it all fades as it is treated as an illness.

Usually - need to take drugs is to fill a void that is missing.

As a normal person do you need drugs to get a bit of excitement... Perhaps don't answer that as I can imagine - me inlcuding saying yes... :cheesy:

1% a week on average isn't anything extraordinary, although it will certainly do. The larger you get the harder it becomes, but then again the cash return gets bigger, so who cares about percentages.

True, although obviously it has to beat sticking the money in the bank and has to be worth the time. So a 6% annual return if the bank is offering 4.5% probably isn't worth it, a 60% return would be though.

Pazienza said:
Yes, I reduce my position on the trade following a loss.It's always a set % of my account.

Does that make it harder to claw back your losses though?

Pazienza said:
As to why everyone doesn't do it? It's very hard to do anything when it comes to trading, but once you can do something, you can do a lot. Millions come easier than hundreds I suppose, like the man said.

So would 1% a week on a £300,000 portfolio be doable? Or would you need to start hiring people/using special services in order to get the returns at that level? As you say the law of diminishing returns will eat into anything, then again isn't that the selling point of forex; the market is so huge, $3tn a day in exchanges, that you don't have to worry about liquidity too much? Obviously if you are trying to seize profits which exist for just a few seconds then you can't be using too much money, but if you are taking out big, event-driven (or belief driven) positions which you will build up over several days/weeks/months and unwind in a similar time frame is size that important? So you leverage out your £10,000 to £500,000 and take up a position on EUR/GBP; you wouldn't be selling until it had moved by several £0.01, so you might not get to unwind your position at the end of the week as you would if you were operating with a £50,000 position but the effect, in the long run, is just the same.

I got a text from my mate today, he and his friends were in Birmingham today; it kicked off there (proof it has nothing to do with the dead bloke) and one of them just got nabbed for throwing a brick at someone :LOL: Morons.

Seriously though, a machine gun or a big water cannon South African Apartheid style would do the world of good. See how hard the gangstas are when they're soaking wet and have been beaten senseless with a cosh.

Discipline and love go hand in hand, it says I care about you enough to keep you on the right path. If these kids are getting no discipline from schools or anyone else (which they are not), they are also getting no love.

There is a lost generation out there.

I know some of the kids from the estates they are F@ckwitts , they would stab you at the drop of a hat.

Kids of 13/14 will think nothing of fronting me up (a grown family man).

They have no fear of anyone. Some of the ring leaders are from war torn parts of the world, child soldiers and all sorts. Most of them say they live in shyte holes, they hate the estates they live on, they hate the area they live in. There is never any belief they will ever buy their own flat let alone a house. I got one ex-mate that is so institutionalised he finds it easier to live in prison than on the outside. He’s probably joining in just to get back inside!

True, they've seen stuff, and done stuff, a lot worse than what Britain has to offer or threaten. We could open up the immigration debate but I don't think that is a good idea.

If they hate where we have generously given them somewhere to live maybe they should go back to wherever they come from and instead of enjoying SFC and kebabs for tea they can go back to being cannibals BTW I have nothing against refugees who are grateful for the sanctuary they are given, but if you're going to come here and riot you should be put back onto a boat and sent home. As you say, our prisons aren't going to scare them.

As for the home grown scum, well, the worst we can do to them is lock them up. Prison here may be a picnic for a Sierra Leonean ex-child soldier, but for a wannabe gangsta from London it will soon set them straight.

Anyone who says he ain't scared of prison is either dumb, a liar or has already been.

Last edited:
Discipline and love go hand in hand, it says I care about you enough to keep you on the right path. If these kids are getting no discipline from schools or anyone else (which they are not), they are also getting no love.

This is so true. I often recall my teachers who I was caned by as I genuinely believe they made me a better person. Bless them all where ever they may be now. One was an Irish chap called Brian Murphy. Very strict but great teacher in my eyes. This was at secondary school. (y)

Yeah and they'll be cleaning toilets in 20 years, so the last laugh will be ours.

Half of the career criminals doing the looting and setting the fires will be psychopaths, and therefore biologically beyond any help. We should just lock these lot up, love will be wasted on them; through genes (psychopathy) or environment (sociopathy) they are beyond being made into empathetic human beings.

True, they've seen stuff, and done stuff, a lot worse than what Britain has to offer or threaten. We could open up the immigration debate but I don't think that is a good idea.

If they hate where we have generously given them to live maybe they should go back to wherever they come from and instead of enjoying SFC and kebabs for tea they can go back to being cannibals BTW I have nothing against refugees who are grateful for the sanctuary they are given, but if you're going to come here and riot you should be put back onto a boat and sent home. As you say, our prisons aren't going to scare them.

As for the home grown scum, well, the worst we can do to them is lock them up. Prison here may be a picnic for a Sierra Leonean ex-child soldier, but for a wannabe gangsta from London it will soon set them straight.

Anyone who says he ain't scared of prison is either dumb, a liar or has already been.

No, no it’s the home grown youth that I was referring to hating the estates they live on.

The warn torn kids know they are better off here.

If they hate where we have generously given them to live maybe they should go back to wherever they come from and instead of enjoying SFC and kebabs for tea they can go back to being cannibals BTW I have nothing against refugees who are grateful for the sanctuary they are given, but if you're going to come here and riot you should be put back onto a boat and sent home. As you say, our prisons aren't going to scare them.

Well this is not the same as the 80s. This is different. This is not about the police or race. This is banker sentimentality.

Grab what you can whilst you can... Look at it as a bonus you haven't earnt or deserve.

Is this the start of a new revolution. :eek:

Yeah and they'll be cleaning toilets in 20 years, so the last laugh will be ours.
Half of the career criminals doing the looting and setting the fires will be psychopaths, and therefore biologically beyond any help. We should just lock these lot up, love will be wasted on them; through genes (psychopathy) or environment (sociopathy) they are beyond being made into empathetic human beings.

What are you talking about. Why would anyone wish the sort of life these kids believe they will have, come true. Think about what you are saying.

Study was done back in 80s. If you buy drugs from source very cheap. Drugs value goes up as it hits the street purely because it is illegal.

Lot's of studies done on this. Look at the Dutch model. You treat it as an illness and you prescribe the drugs for free by the GP. If means to pay you pay. If no means to pay you get it for free.

The attraction of it all fades as it is treated as an illness.

Usually - need to take drugs is to fill a void that is missing.

As a normal person do you need drugs to get a bit of excitement... Perhaps don't answer that as I can imagine - me inlcuding saying yes... :cheesy:

Thanks, you know the study and I don't but how much a year would you say that is that nowadays - you cited £50m without a timescale. I've no doubt the chemicals could be produced dirt cheap but admin and other "service" costs would soak up multiples of that.

Perhaps recognisable pariah status would reduce the attraction for newcomers/youngsters. Say, house arrest, by consent/contract, with loss of govt rights (eg NHS entitlements). If you are addicted and get sick, you have to pay.

I'm all for personal liberty (ie freedom to take drugs), but the individual should accept responsibility, and the next man should not have to pay for it, at least not for any length of time.

Would you say otherwise?

Thanks, you know the study and I don't but how much a year would you say that is that nowadays - you cited £50m without a timescale. I've no doubt the chemicals could be produced dirt cheap but admin and other "service" costs would soak up multiples of that. You buy from source - ie Afghanistan farmers. The NHS and GP doctors prescription and chemists to obtain them from all already in place. All one does is classify it as legal substance...

Perhaps recognisable pariah status would reduce the attraction for newcomers/youngsters. Say, house arrest, by consent/contract, with loss of govt rights (eg NHS entitlements). If you are addicted and get sick, you have to pay. Why would you want to do this? Alchol abuse is more of a social problem which is tolerated. Also most people not interested in hard drugs. Most drug users and teenagers are very savy about drugs.

I'm all for personal liberty (ie freedom to take drugs), but the individual should accept responsibility, and the next man should not have to pay for it, at least not for any length of time. Well why are we paying for treatment of kidney and lung cancer treatment for drinkers and smokers.

Would you say otherwise?

Google "dutch approach to drugs" and you'll get tons of links. Here is one of the top ones.

http://www.cedro-uva.org/lib/reinarman.dutch.html

What are you talking about. Why would anyone wish the sort of life these kids believe they will have, come true. Think about what you are saying.

Someone has to clean up the mess we gonna make and I'd rather it be some **** who mugs people than a decent person.

[I smell a social worker/Labour voter]

No, no it’s the home grown youth that I was referring to hating the estates they live on.

Well maybe they should go and live in Nigeria for a week? They'd soon appreciate what the taxpayer gives them.

Jason101 said:
The warn torn kids know they are better off here.

Yet some of them still commit crimes. Is that because they think we are a soft-touch?

Well maybe they should go and live in Nigeria for a week? They'd soon appreciate what the taxpayer gives them.

Yet some of them still commit crimes. Is that because they think we are a soft-touch?

Yes a soft touch and a land of plenty compared to home. And a pretty dysfunctional childhood, you know forced into gang rape,(male and female) that sort of thing.