The Vomit Thread

trendie said:
rapport and empathy makes the difference.
No, I don't agree. Skillful manipulators can educate themselves and practise rapport 'skills'. Empathy means putting yourself in someone else's shoes. Again, a skilled manipulator can seem to do that.

What I am talking about can't be faked, or learned, or practised. It operates at so basic a level that you don't need to learn how to recognise it. It's instinctual.

The thing is, it's a consensual issue. Most people 'get' it. Some don't - but most do. It's one of the few instances where the crowd isn't wrong.

A key difference is a subtle one. It is the difference between being clever and trying to be clever.

Why is that always so obvious? And why do the ones who have to try appear to fail to notice they are trying?

SPOOKY

A case for Mrs Marple

now where did I put that Kryptonite

Tony

Even a vomit thread must stand by the guidelines which preclude custard-pie throwing between members.

Your initial post was a thinly disguised custard pie aimed at a member who recognised it as such and returned it in kind.

Now, removing them all may well be whimsical but if you want to trade insults then do it somewhere else.

jon