T2W book: ethical concerns

Did he ever answer?

Getting back to my sixth former, who does actually exist - there's precious little on the internet about what trading involves. I assume that after seeing these crappy descriptions he decided to his own research, and ended up here - again, that isn't so unreasonable - he wouldn't understand wilmott, and places like the long room or internal bbg boards are unavaliable and obscure.

So to him, and possibly to uni students (although I'd hope they'd be less naive, I wouldn't count on it) all these threads with lots of squiggles on charts and candlesticks and crap like that are going to appear to be what traders actually do. It's hopelessly misleading.

Don't be silly! There's a guy at Lloyds who uses charts...just the one mind you...and he's not a trader...

IGNORE IT ! have you taken leave of your senses man for heavens sake !

This author has access to secrets which where decoded and smuggled out of Nazi Germany. He holds the key to rich's beyond your imagination. Those secrets are ten times more powerful today than when young Nicohlas Davas used them to make himself rich.

Who in their right mind could ignore such a thing ?

Youre starting to convince me, plus I discovered that I could actually make billions with this. I couldnt really be bothered to work 20 minutes a day for millions but maybe I'll make the effort now.

Just like Nicolas did, the amazing truth is ... you can decide how much money you want - and then make it in double-quick time. If you want more - no problem because this cash pile is HUGE (I'm talking billions of dollars).

or this gem.

In fact, sometimes it's as if you can do no wrong and the money cascades into your account like your own personal wealth fountain. And that's exactly what I can help you achieve too

Timsk, look at this website: Flag-Trader System, Guy Cohen

Seriously, do you honestly want to defend that author?

Dave,
I'm bored of repeatedly pointing out that I'm not defending anyone - other than John Forman's right to include any contributors that he pleases in his book! For reasons that I don't begin to understand, the hare, pboyles and Co having difficulty in either understanding or accepting this clear and very simple logic! Guy Cohen might be be the spawn of the devil for all I know (or care). That's not the point. The point is that John Forman thinks he's got something to say about trading that's worth reading and others will benefit from. And he should know - his credentials are second to none - even the hare acknowledges this much. Why else would he include G. Cohen in his book? If you don't like the guy (forgive the pun) fine - just skip his contributions. There's plenty of other authors, including two very eminent members of T2W who command considerable respect from a broad cross section of the community. Of course, if you think one bad apple tarnishes the whole barrel - that's your prerogative - don't buy it. But at least have the common courtesy and not to comment on something you haven't read. I have read it and there's nothing in there that's going to 'ruin lives'. If I thought for one moment that there was, I would have flagged it up long ago to everyone who's been involved in producing it. If anyone wants to reply to this - by all means do so - but only if you've bothered to read the book! How anyone can levy this amount of abuse at something they've not even bothered to read is quite staggering, bewildering, pitiful, sad, intellectually dishonest and just plain dumb.
Tim.

The point is that John Forman thinks he's got something to say about trading that's worth reading and others will benefit from. And he should know - his credentials are second to none - even the hare acknowledges this much. Why else would he include G. Cohen in his book?

Maybe he was promised a copy of the secret code ?

Its like having your own personal wealth fountain, so you cant blame him really.

Dave,
I'm bored of repeatedly pointing out that I'm not defending anyone - other than John Forman's right to include any contributors that he pleases in his book! For reasons that I don't begin to understand, the hare, pboyles and Co having difficulty in either understanding or accepting this clear and very simple logic! Guy Cohen might be be the spawn of the devil for all I know (or care). That's not the point. The point is that John Forman thinks he's got something to say about trading that's worth reading and others will benefit from. And he should know - his credentials are second to none - even the hare acknowledges this much. Why else would he include G. Cohen in his book? If you don't like the guy (forgive the pun) fine - just skip his contributions. There's plenty of other authors, including two very eminent members of T2W who command considerable respect from a broad cross section of the community. Of course, if you think one bad apple tarnishes the whole barrel - that's your prerogative - don't buy it. But at least have the common courtesy and not to comment on something you haven't read. I have read it and there's nothing in there that's going to 'ruin lives'. If I thought for one moment that there was, I would have flagged it up long ago to everyone who's been involved in producing it. If anyone wants to reply to this - by all means do so - but only if you've bothered to read the book! How anyone can levy this amount of abuse at something they've not even bothered to read is quite staggering, bewildering, pitiful, sad, intellectually dishonest and just plain dumb.
Tim.

you ain't getting my point.

the scamminess and ineptitude of many of the contributors is just one more amusing feature...

(and I certainly ain't calling John inept or a scammer... but come on, even god wrote a bit of the bible, and allah the koran, and they're piles of steaming horse crap)

Did he ever answer?

Getting back to my sixth former, who does actually exist - there's precious little on the internet about what trading involves. I assume that after seeing these crappy descriptions he decided to his own research, and ended up here - again, that isn't so unreasonable - he wouldn't understand wilmott, and places like the long room or internal bbg boards are unavaliable and obscure.

So to him, and possibly to uni students (although I'd hope they'd be less naive, I wouldn't count on it) all these threads with lots of squiggles on charts and candlesticks and crap like that are going to appear to be what traders actually do. It's hopelessly misleading.
FFS Arabian…you’ve made your point. For the millionth time.

You’re a real tough PRO trader and all us retail smegs are beneath contempt.

Why don’t you fug off back to propboards where you get one post a week, if you’re lucky and all you deadly serious PRO traders that don’t do directional (but do do 12 round trips for fug all) hang out in deadly seriousness?

I can understand you wanting to treat t2w as a playground as there’s fug all going on in big boy land. But if you want to sh|t all over a forum, go and do it in one of your own, over there. Where someone, in a month’s time, might login and just might notice.

Over here in pointless little pip-land, we actually take it all quite seriously as for the most part, it’s our own money on the line – not someone else's spare £28K you find laying around in an account to ‘experiment’ with.

You’ve turned into a right tosseur.

Am I reading this right? I just googled the OP.

- Most multi-nics on T2W
- Vote rigger :whistling
- Columbian nose-flute player :whistle:whistling:whistling
- Rodent poster :LOL:
- General lulz merchant

Preaching ethics????

_41226206_envelope.jpg

Poor Roland... thankfully he made a full recovery...

RolandOz-1.jpg

Last edited:
Think I'd prefer to be eaten then coveted by Dave, hell, I'd even be up for being hung for 28 days and having one of those epic saws cut me in half.

_41226144_hamster1.jpg

Which one is aaaar David????

Please tell me it's the tall hansum guy at the rear and not the smirking little **** at the front...