The Little Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it may be pertinent for a moderator to remind us just who from the Cyof/Bull/Socrates coterie i still banned . . . I was under the impression that Socrates wasn't but is simply too ashamed to show his face.

I have the distinct impression that he is dipping a toe into the water, under another name, to see how many of us dunces have long memories. If I am correct, it shows that this Platinum thingy is not occupying enough of his time for my liking.:)

Split

It sounds to me like people are starting to become lonely

Hi millsy
You may well be right and if soc wishes to return then he only has to post and thats it....done. I would personaly welcome a return, others may have a different viewpoint for whatever reason, he is obviously free to do so as he wishes and sees fit.

I have the distinct impression that he is dipping a toe into the water, under another name, to see how many of us dunces have long memories. If I am correct, it shows that this Platinum thingy is not occupying enough of his time for my liking.:)

Split

Hi Split
I dont believe SCHOLAR is socrates, I dont believe he would risk a ban for using multi-nicks if he was found out. No, SCHOLAR is either a previous banned member sent to do the toe dipping and see what pops up on the dunce radar (and we have:LOL: ) or just a troll and everyones laughing cos we are going round and round in that little circle again.

soc, if your viewing from the gallery dont forget the index futures thread that some of the members here would like to see:)

Lightning

The PL is not for everyone it is an option to the individual (pardon the pun)

Fair enough.

Again, fair enough, each to their own in their processes of learning.

I know nothing of options, nor am I interested in them so the only Greeks I know make kebabs.

I do see your point and, if through the PL you achieve your goals, all power to you. My objection doesn't lie in the education gained through being a member of the PL, rather the attitude that comes with. That said, your posts have come over a lot better than certain other PL members posts.

I'm not interested in, not have the time or inclination to get into a slagging match between certain members and ex-members, but its refreshing to see someone say something about the PL who has been a valued member in this site too.

What I find bizarre is the 400 quid part for an internet chat room between pro's when its invitation only (even if periodically there is touting for new custom in its strangest means) when you could just have said room, not advertise at all and only invite worthy people.

I have much respect for yourself Andy, from all I've read you have posted you seem to be a very knowledgeable and successful trader and I wish you all the best and good luck in the PL. Maybe more people would have paid more attention if it was put across amicably instead of calling everyone monkeys and trying to act like the dogs ... *

wasp

*maybe ;)

Hey Wasp
Yes your point on the behaviour aspects of citybulls is well noted
but and with respect to what goes on there, i dont really get involved with that,
you see with out going into it too much unfortunately there are some people as i mentioned before that have some serious issues with Bully and unfortunately their constant child like attacks, suggests to me that these individuals have very little knowledge and a lot of time and so unlike some of us that work for a living they appear not to.
Bully has fun with them, sure it may give the wrong impression but then sometimes you have to look with different eyes to see the clearing
the PL is by invitation stictly the memebership fee is really an entrance fee, i guess a commitment of sorts, its really from my point of view insignificant. im a member of a country club and the fee runs into the thousands per year or i can join the public leisure centers for fifty pounds a year. snobbery maybe, i wont deny that but it makes my happy and lifes too short
regards to you wasp i hope you are enjoying life down under

If you want to make facile mindless comment, without any basis in fact, then nip across to citybulls and post on the public board, you'll be in perfect company mate
LOL.

Hi Zupcon
actually thats not entirely true
the people that post on the public side of citybulls seems to have the same agenda
amazingly, so many differnt people with the same message makes you wonder are they all in cahoots or maybe multinicks tough one to figure out.lol
we have had some good conversations and intellectual at that, dont be fooled what appears to be the obvious, things are not what they always seem
good to see you posting again
regards

Hi Zupcon
actually thats not entirely true
the people that post on the public side of citybulls seems to have the same agenda
amazingly, so many differnt people with the same message makes you wonder are they all in cahoots or maybe multinicks tough one to figure out.lol
we have had some good conversations and intellectual at that, dont be fooled what appears to be the obvious, things are not what they always seem
good to see you posting again
regards

it seems to be one person that is causing all the disruption

Hey Wasp
Yes your point on the behaviour aspects of citybulls is well noted
but and with respect to what goes on there, i dont really get involved with that,
you see with out going into it too much unfortunately there are some people as i mentioned before that have some serious issues with Bully and unfortunately their constant child like attacks, suggests to me that these individuals have very little knowledge and a lot of time and so unlike some of us that work for a living they appear not to.
Bully has fun with them, sure it may give the wrong impression but then sometimes you have to look with different eyes to see the clearing
the PL is by invitation stictly the memebership fee is really an entrance fee, i guess a commitment of sorts, its really from my point of view insignificant. im a member of a country club and the fee runs into the thousands per year or i can join the public leisure centers for fifty pounds a year. snobbery maybe, i wont deny that but it makes my happy and lifes too short
regards to you wasp i hope you are enjoying life down under

what a sensible post

"Platinum members are different class. I'm not talking about some four-hundred thousand dollar a year, working Wall Street stiff, flying first-class, being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to buy your own jet, rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred-million dollars, a player...or nothing"

why all of this is not nonsense

A more interesting question is why all of this nonsense continues to show up on the front page . . . :rolleyes:

please realise trading is a very serious business, it is not at all nonsense

either you are born to trade or not

"Platinum members are different class. I'm not talking about some four-hundred thousand dollar a year, working Wall Street stiff, flying first-class, being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to buy your own jet, rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred-million dollars, a player...or nothing"

It's good manners to cite sources when quoting . . . tho' I'm not sure I'd use a Gordon Gekko quote to illustrate how "elite" the PL members are!

Anyway, kudos to Andycan for popping his head above the parapet and some valid points made imo.

To me, the really interesting issue is the correlation between posting in coloured fonts and trading style, seems to me there's definately something there. . .

Last edited:
Good old CYOF. His wondrous array of internet aliases share one defining characteristic : The attention span of a gnat.

First he knows nothing about the Platignum Lounge, then he knows a bit, a couple of days later he knows everything and before you know it he's making sweet sweet love to Sulkrates on a daily basis, live in the chat room for all to see (probably).

meanwhile back at the cafe............

Attachments

• SPIDER.jpg
    SPIDER.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 225
It's good manners to cite sources when quoting . . . tho' I'm not sure I'd use a Gordon Gekko quote to illustrate how "elite" the PL members are!

Anyway, kudos to Andycan for popping his head above the parapet and some valid points made imo.

To me, the really interesting issue is the correlation between posting in coloured fonts and trading style, seems to me there's definately something there. . .

indeed you now have the opportunity to learn from andycam

crayons out & scribbling to begin

Good old CYOF. His wondrous array of internet aliases share one defining characteristic : The attention span of a gnat.

First he knows nothing about the Platignum Lounge, then he knows a bit, a couple of days later he knows everything and before you know it he's making sweet sweet love to Sulkrates on a daily basis, live in the chat room for all to see (probably).

i am learning all the time:D :D

Writers have the edge
Show us your margin
Writers are professional
Show us your margin
I'm going to post 20 winning trades
Ahhh . . . but what about the margin requirements in case of . . . ooops, here's one now!
No problem, I closed out my positions yesterday.
Are you sure?
Yes
Really sure?
Yes
Well how come the trades don't show up on any of our screens or in the LIFFE official data?
. . . . . . Silence . . . . . .

Sorry, bit of deja vu crept up on me, can't imagine where it came from.

Last edited:
if it is deja vu, why cant we just all ignore it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

then again, i just posted in this useless thread and contributed to a useless thread with a useless post :rolleyes:

So...Andycan, Soccy and whoever, just popped back to tell everyone on t2w how wonderful it is in the PL, and how crap it is in T2W these days. Country club? If you you like, but that's a pretty big disclaimer for a 400 nicker entry fee.

Andy, you are definately proof that there is one born every minute, and you're supposed to be a professional. Please, keep it to yourself, people may lose all hope.

On a lighter note...

Good trading all!

PS. Andy, did they ask you nicely to become an honuary member?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.