The Little Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can understand why most people could consider him noisy and valueless. It’s because he didn’t usually write things like: “Make sure you have your chart on 5min candlesticks and look for a head and shoulders top. Sell when the exponential 5min MA crosses below the 10 min MA. Check your Stochastics for an overbought condition etc…etc..etc yadda yadda”

This is what “traders” want to read..

he tells people what they need to know not what they want to know

With respect to Soccy
whether you love or hated him he did bring a different dimension to the discussion.
it seems also that since he has stopped posting this site has had a dramatic drop in discussions

yes he did but they never realised it.

he clearly casts a long shadow, as here we are, writing about him after his departure.

I found him to be rather arrogant as well, and had a hypocritical attitude to manners, expecting to be respected, but being rude to others.
and he wrote some incredibly waffly garbage.

BUT, there were some good posts, and I learned some concepts about the markets. (none of which I can use).
I still cant get the twig-bird out of my head!

He certainly had entertainment value. and in some ways, I miss him.

yes most people are missing him & they want socrates to come back

Last edited:

The PL is not for everyone it is an option to the individual (pardon the pun)

Fair enough.

Again, fair enough, each to their own in their processes of learning.

I know nothing of options, nor am I interested in them so the only Greeks I know make kebabs.

I do see your point and, if through the PL you achieve your goals, all power to you. My objection doesn't lie in the education gained through being a member of the PL, rather the attitude that comes with. That said, your posts have come over a lot better than certain other PL members posts.

I'm not interested in, not have the time or inclination to get into a slagging match between certain members and ex-members, but its refreshing to see someone say something about the PL who has been a valued member in this site too.

What I find bizarre is the 400 quid part for an internet chat room between pro's when its invitation only (even if periodically there is touting for new custom in its strangest means) when you could just have said room, not advertise at all and only invite worthy people.

I have much respect for yourself Andy, from all I've read you have posted you seem to be a very knowledgeable and successful trader and I wish you all the best and good luck in the PL. Maybe more people would have paid more attention if it was put across amicably instead of calling everyone monkeys and trying to act like the dogs ... *

wasp

*maybe ;)

well they should act sensibly, display good manners & have respect.

Cyof

Bring back CYOF I say, not the irish pixie or the funny fungus bits obviously, I miss him on here you know. in amongst all the arguing were some good posts that I learnt a little from...thanks CY wherever you are now.

Ive never been interested in options so that side of things doesn't really interest me one bit, having said that I did enjoy socs options thread like many who are starting out, its good to watch in awe as a trader makes live trades and in the case of that particular thread being very successful at the beginning. Im sure it all turned out ok, even if very deep pockets were required. Why, oh why didnt socs follow up with a demonstration of skill trading index futures that some members had suggested, yes perhaps he's now too busy gatekeeping.

The PL is not for everyone it is an option to the individual (pardon the pun)
its realy a gathering for like minded people who have a passion for the markets
in all honesty whist i was posting here i have come across some genuine people and respect those that i have had private conversations with.
but many are not full time traders here on T2W some are learning others are more advanced but the majority for the right or wrong reasons are not doing this for a living and their intent and approach is very disimilar to those that work it day in day out.

The benefit of being a member of the PL is to be among others who are at my level and most importantly above me.
is it worth £400? im pretty sure most have payed 10 times that trying to learn to trade either by blowing accounts, buying books which we all know most is horse manure and courses which again are not worth the paper they are printed on.
so imo i think different people will have different thoughts.
i dont need to be taught how to trade futures commodities or equities i can do that perfectly well long before i join the T2W community but options mmmmh!! well those that have looked into it know its a mine field.

i have read everything that has been posted here on this site regarding options, and all i have read is theory, greeks but not one single practical application, which is workable in real life. apart from one person though he did not reveal much he caught my attention. so sorry Wasp i must disagree with you
im not green to the markets but to options the learning curve to do it on my own is long and hazardous and if i can get an edge from an expert and cut the number of years it sounds to me that irrespective of what an expert requires its money well spent.
i dont know Grey1 but his approach from what i have seen is mechanical and that style of trading does not suite me, i like to know what the markets are doing at any given point, the markets is a living breathing entity and i enjoy unraveling its secrets but even with this wisdom options is in another playing field and its one that is unfamiliar to me.
You have achieved great things by learning to trade FX throught here and i salute you but where you were to where i am is not the same so with that said i rather be part of a community that works which i can see for myself, everyday, rather than spend thousands cocking up and learning i have gone through that process and dont really wish to do it again
do you see my point ??

not anyone is allowed in the pl it is by invitation only & socrates is the gatekeeper, this postion is honuary

yes most people are missing him & they want socrates to come back

This place just gets worse LOL. Just exactly who are "most people" ?, and how do you know this is the case ?, and what empirical evidence do you have to support this claim ? did you run some sort of poll ?

If you want to make facile mindless comment, without any basis in fact, then nip across to citybulls and post on the public board, you'll be in perfect company mate

Soc's isnt banned (although for the ridiculous stunt he pulled he damned well should be), he's in self imposed exisle, locked in a cage of his own making, with Mr Gombeen man, his leprechaun, a 40 gallon drum of siberean truth enhancer, and wost of all an individual who's only contribution at T2W was prollific spamming by Private Message promoting a commercial entity of an extremely dubious pedigree)

now go away and stop wasting our time here, we are verri bizzi, go way shoo ! LOL.

This place just gets worse LOL. Just exactly who are "most people" ?, and how do you know this is the case ?, and what empirical evidence do you have to support this claim ? did you run some sort of poll ?

If you want to make facile mindless comment, without any basis in fact, then nip across to citybulls and post on the public board, you'll be in perfect company mate

Soc's isnt banned (although for the ridiculous stunt he pulled he damned well should be), he's in self imposed exisle, locked in a cage of his own making, with Mr Gombeen man, his leprechaun, a 40 gallon drum of siberean truth enhancer, and wost of all an individual who's only contribution at T2W was prollific spamming by Private Message promoting a commercial entity of an extremely dubious pedigree)

now go away and stop wasting our time here, we are verri bizzi, go way shoo ! LOL.

the rule book is important as you know, but not as important you think.

there is a higher level out there yet you fail to grasp it.

"Bring back CYOF "....I'd take the high probability bet that you have already had your wish granted.

"Bring back CYOF "....I'd take the high probability bet that you have already had your wish granted.

:LOL: you are probably right and I wouldn't wish to take a losing bet.

The original CYOF would be very preferable rather than the dark angel sent from the other place to test the waters for a triumphant second (3rd or 4th??) coming.

Attachments

• 2nd coming.jpg
    2nd coming.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 230
:LOL: you are probably right and I wouldn't wish to take a losing bet.

The original CYOF would be very preferable rather than the dark angel sent from the other place to test the waters for a triumphant second (3rd or 4th??) coming.

It sounds to me like people are starting to become lonely

nope wrong again chumpy

lets make it clear i am not cyof

Hey, old purple writer is back wheeling discussion again, with his philosophical views. It would seem you have changed your writing to blue this time around. You could have been more original socs, calling you self a SCHOLAR.:cheesy:

Hey, old purple writer is back wheeling discussion again, with his philosophical views. It would seem you have changed your writing to blue this time around. You could have been more original socs, calling you self a SCHOLAR.:cheesy:

may i ask you a question mr lapdancer

which was the most successful post on this forum?

well i will tell you the most successful thread ever on this forum, it was called "journey from the basement" have you ever contibuted anything as constructive, educational or philosophical as the "journey from the basement"?

the "journey from the basement" was a true classic, a real diamond.
some advice read it & read it again in fact read it again many times over you will see the benefit of it.

trading is a very serious business

it was wonderful that shimbleshanks protected "journey from the basement" from attacks from the usual subjects if this had not happened then the thread would have been simply shambolic.

why dont you accept that there is some very smart traders out there & try to learn from them.

Love Socs or hate him, T2w for me, is a poorer place in his absence

absolutely agree millsy, but with qualification.

Scholar:
1:for a newbie poster, (although clearly well-informed about the T2W history, what with your knowledge of Socco, Journey from the Basement, skimbleshanks, etc), you appear to have rubbed some people up the wrong way, what with your negative rating from such precious few posts.

2: Socco may have had some diamond posts, but dont confuse that with his belief that all was pre-ordained and knowable by the select few, then he went and caught bird-flu from a passing black-swan.

3: dont confuse popularity (re: the JftB thread) with usefulness. "Big Brother" is popular, as is "The Sun", but they are not renowned for quality or incisive wit.
(for quality on stocks, may I refer you to grey1s thread, where he clarifies his methods with specific rules and specific indicators with specific settings, AND his trading PnL.)

4: I am already beginning to detect the Socco-esque style of not giving any useful information, merely the "there are diamonds to be found" and "higher levels" (available to those who are "born, not made" no doubt) vagueness and vacuity.

welcome back, Scholarcrates. (using blue writing instead of purple is like being Zorro, you think that wearing a small mask across the eyes means we cant recognise you from the rest of your face.)

hope you have a good trading week nonetheless.

At this point it may be pertinent for a moderator to remind us just who from the Cyof/Bull/Socrates coterie i still banned . . . I was under the impression that Socrates wasn't but is simply too ashamed to show his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.