The drugs problem

No more so than prescription medication and if you get hooked on something after watching youtube videos you probably deserve some sort of Darwin award anyway

:D Not watching.Trying after having watched. There are a lot of credible people about who will believe anything on the net.

Too much N by look of it :cheesy:. Wonder which one of his neighbours ratted him out.

Ordered The War We Never Fought by Peter Hitchens from Amazon. By war he means of course the "war on drugs". It'll be interesting to read how he argues it never got fought.

Ordered The War We Never Fought by Peter Hitchens from Amazon. By war he means of course the "war on drugs". It'll be interesting to read how he argues it never got fought.

Look forward to your review (y)

wrt SXX that was a penny share until recently @ 17p. Friend tipped it and I sadly thought the same thing didn't buy into it.

Not boasting or anything but back in the eighties I also had a problem with tremors/shaking in my right arm. Looked suspiciously like the onset of Parkinsons. Well don't give up folks if you have the same. Through sheer will power and determination I refused to let it shake. Within a couple of weeks the shakes were reduced and within 2 months all the tremors had ceased. Never to return.

4b81339b94ea463c4ab7b41f538183d2.jpg

Drugs are like fire - in you control them, they can be used for noble causes, but if used uncontrolably, a fire can begin, destroying everything...

Recently finished reading Peter Hitchens' "The War We Never Fought" on UK drug policy.

He’s totally convincing on the title, sets out thoroughly how UK drugs policy has been diluted and showing the parties who stood to gain from this. He goes on to show pretty well how it served all concerned to continue the myth that drugs legislation here was draconian, and that anti-drug enforcement was rigorous. He’s convincing that neither were true.

Moral points are made heavily – including, it is morally unacceptable for politicians to mislead their voters. More widely, it is morally unacceptable for people to take stupefying substances merely for the purposes of pleasure and stupefaction. It is morally unacceptable for politicians to decriminalise intake of substances which have potentially very serious adverse health effects. In fact, its morally unacceptable to take any drugs.

His arguments showing US alcohol prohibition to be irrelevant are good, his case that medicinal benefits of cannabis are no argument for legalisation is rationally put. He makes a good parallel between the legalise cannabis campaigners and the pro-tobacco lobby of past decades – urging against making the same mistake twice. He does well to ridicule the political and unscientific classification system of drugs.

Its a work of philosophy by a philosopher, intended for the mass market, so its light on scientific detail of health effects, drug usage etc., but there’s also the point that this information is hard to come by as it appears to not interest the establishment in illuminating the truth – which has to be a worry, regardless of your personal views on the issue. Self-serving politicians come in for most scorn, which seems a safe tactic.

The book will confirm opinions but is unlikely to change anyone’s mind about the key question. It might make some surprising comments about the moral elasticity of certain politicians.

I am of the opinion that there should be no more drug control than that of alchohol. People will get drugs from the black market whatever the moralizing chumps in Parliament say.
However they should not then rely on handouts from the NHS and others to save them. If they do not have the self discipline to say NO to harmful drugs then they are on their own. The country is better off without them.