The drugs problem

Nothing, therefore I have that much lower a probability of moronic chuckling and mental confusion.

Later in life I am confident of being less likely to develop schizophrenia and other psychoses, also oral, throat and lung cancer.
Oh and what an interesting life that would be (avoid anything that might affect you later in life). One thing is for certain, we all die and I'd rather live life knowing I have lived than live life trying to avoid everything that is deemed dangerous. Live once and enjoy it. These days scientists are finding everything is bad for you anyway

Nothing, therefore I have that much lower a probability of moronic chuckling and mental confusion.

Later in life I am confident of being less likely to develop schizophrenia and other psychoses, also oral, throat and lung cancer.

Do you eat and drink grain based foods by any chance? Have you ever come across a book called 'Grain Brain' ?

Makes for some interesting reading [emoji50]

PS Cannabis doesn't need to be smoked, it can also be ingested which is how the medical industry delivers it into the bloodstream.

Oh and what an interesting life that would be (avoid anything that might affect you later in life). One thing is for certain, we all die and I'd rather live life knowing I have lived than live life trying to avoid everything that is deemed dangerous. Live once and enjoy it. These days scientists are finding everything is bad for you anyway

There are already plenty of harmful things to do and nasty stuff to ingest, some of which I do enjoy. But its not an argument for taking positive action like cannabis legalisation that can only be seen as an encouragement. I'd rather not go through life making patently stupid decisions like smoking anything.

Do you eat and drink grain based foods by any chance? Have you ever come across a book called 'Grain Brain' ?

Makes for some interesting reading [emoji50]

PS Cannabis doesn't need to be smoked, it can also be ingested which is how the medical industry delivers it into the bloodstream.

Yes, medicinal cannabis is available and is not normally recommended via inhalation. But the pro-legalisation lobby don't seem to think this goes far enough. It has been said that the argument that cannabis has medicinal effects and this should therefore be a legalised drug is just a "smoke screen".

PS: I'm no health food enthusiast. I eat as much red meat as I can afford, drink wine virtually daily and avoid buy anything low-fat, fat-free or reduced-salt. Its all rubbish.

There are already plenty of harmful things to do and nasty stuff to ingest, some of which I do enjoy. But its not an argument for taking positive action like cannabis legalisation that can only be seen as an encouragement. I'd rather not go through life making patently stupid decisions like smoking anything.
As I have said already, tobacco kills more people a year and is 114 times worse for you. Your standpoint is nonsensical

It is part of the degeneration of the human race. It is a slow process but it becomes more apparent as one gets older. Unfortunately, the young ones see it all as progress. Rarely, is it it possible to put the clock back, though.

That is one of the reasons why Brexit was a mistake. Going into Europe may have been a mistake but leaving it, with the job hardly started, has been a bigger one.

Time will tell on that point.

As I have said already, tobacco kills more people a year and is 114 times worse for you. Your standpoint is nonsensical

We start from a different place on cannabis as opposed to tobacco. Although one may be more harmful than the other, both are harmful. It makes no sense to legalise a harmful practice because others are already harmful.

Its interesting we are clearly seeing very much increased restrictions on tobacco anyway which is reducing its consumption. This has been a long and hard-fought battle and it would be odd for UK governments to start rowing in the opposite direction on another substance, for which there is no real pressure to legalise.

Where is the pressing need to legalise cannabis?

We start from a different place on cannabis as opposed to tobacco. Although one may be more harmful than the other, both are harmful. It makes no sense to legalise a harmful practice because others are already harmful.

Its interesting we are clearly seeing very much increased restrictions on tobacco anyway which is reducing its consumption. This has been a long and hard-fought battle and it would be odd for UK governments to start rowing in the opposite direction on another substance, for which there is no real pressure to legalise.

The pressing need is its medicinal properties. Because its illegal they can't even study it here but where they have globally there is without question value in it. I use it for multiple purposes including sleep and stress. I would much rather be able to buy it off the shelf than have to grow it myself. I would also like to not be viewed as breaking the law as I am not using it for recreational purposes.

Sounds to me like the strongest reasons for legalising cannabis are
1. its good for your mental health !?!?!
2. its not as harmful as some other stuff which only stupid people smoke

Sounds to me like the strongest reasons for legalising cannabis are
1. its good for your mental health !?!?!
2. its not as harmful as some other stuff which only stupid people smoke
3. It treats multiple diseases. YouTube it and you will see cancer patients use it for pain. People with nervous system diseases use it to stop shaking. It has been known to shrink and in some cases sure cancer. It has been proven to be more effective at creating biofuels than the current leading crops. It can save trees as its fibre can be used to make paper.

I believe the pressing need is suppressed by the very fact that it is illegal and therefore free speech on the subject is suppressed. Whenever you see media stories about its use and people speaking up usually for medical use then sooner or later they will be arrested for home grown or similar, this discourages open and free speech on the subject.

Ordinary people put pressure on politicians and politicians have to act, call it lobbying, it works for industries that want to change regulations and regimes, this one is led by ordinary people. There is some industry backing for legalisation in this country (Richard Branson is an outspoken user and advocate who I'm sure is ready to invest in an industry worth billions).

But ultimately it is ordinary people that want it.

In contrast to palm oil, sugar cane, maize, etc., Cannabis is a highly adaptable, fast-growing, annual plant that can be cultivated at most latitudes. In addition, Cannabis is oneof the few plants that produces high yields of both oil and biomass, which means it can be used to produce both biodiesel and bioethanol

8dafa656e86d24d5be4f8e11a7098afb.jpg

3. It treats multiple diseases. YouTube it and you will see cancer patients use it for pain. People with nervous system diseases use it to stop shaking. It has been known to shrink and in some cases sure cancer. It has been proven to be more effective at creating biofuels than the current leading crops. It can save trees as its fibre can be used to make paper.

Its readily available in medicinal form. Its grown commercially and legally for the purpose of deriving the extracts required. These can be manufactured / imported into the UK without problem. There is no need to legalise something the health industry already uses legally.

I'm sure its not the only crop that can be used as a tolerably efficient bio-fuel.

For years paper has been almost totally made from timber derived from managed forests in the northern half of the northern hemisphere where there is no net loss of forestation.

You're really scraping the barrel.

Its readily available in medicinal form. Its grown commercially and legally for the purpose of deriving the extracts required. These can be manufactured / imported into the UK without problem. There is no need to legalise something the health industry already uses legally.

I'm sure its not the only crop that can be used as a tolerably efficient bio-fuel.

For years paper has been almost totally made from timber derived from managed forests in the northern half of the northern hemisphere where there is no net loss of forestation.

You're really scraping the barrel.
Readily available? Pulling facts out of thin air are we!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.in...e-a7191511.html?amp?client=ms-android-samsung

I believe the pressing need is suppressed by the very fact that it is illegal and therefore free speech on the subject is suppressed. Whenever you see media stories about its use and people speaking up usually for medical use then sooner or later they will be arrested for home grown or similar, this discourages open and free speech on the subject.

Ordinary people put pressure on politicians and politicians have to act, call it lobbying, it works for industries that want to change regulations and regimes, this one is led by ordinary people. There is some industry backing for legalisation in this country (Richard Branson is an outspoken user and advocate who I'm sure is ready to invest in an industry worth billions).

But ultimately it is ordinary people that want it.

There is no restriction on free speech on this subject in the UK.

UK residents are not prosecuted for home growing a few plants for personal use.

Ordinary people do not put pressure on politicians to legalise cannabis, rather the other way round, if they care at all. If they are pressed, without a doubt they will want to see very tight control on its supply to their children.

Richard Branson's a businessman whose aim is to make more and more money. Fair enough, there's nothing immoral in that. But he is not qualified nor elected to speak on behalf of the welfare of the country's residents or its society.

The only one scraping a barrel is the one that clearly knows nothing about it. I'm done trying to explain things to ignorance