The drugs problem

Beneficial extracts from the cannabis plant are readily available as medicinal products in the UK including via NHS prescription.

The article is not too dramatic - it says this device has been on sale for a year, which I think supports my case of ready availability.

The article also says this is a legal [please note The Independent's use of the word "legal"] way to consume CBD, which, unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is non-psychoactive. I wonder how many people would campaign for the legalisation of cannabis if it had no psycho-active impact.

Lets face it, the "medicinal use" camp are not Florence Nightingales trying to deliver the sick from suffering, this is just a "smoke screen" to make their personal habit rather less clandestine. Maybe they feel a pang of guilt?

Are you telling us that this wonderfully, useful plant is banned to mankind because some silly blighters smoke the stuff? What will they get up to next?

Liquidate all cannabis smokers, instead of cannabis, itself, is the best way out.

The only one scraping a barrel is the one that clearly knows nothing about it. I'm done trying to explain things to ignorance

I'm happy to learn, and I have had to do more research into drugs ion the last few weeks than ever before, but in the meantime please give up any unjustified and possibly harmful campaigning activity you might be engaged in outside this forum.

In fact it was a nice debate but I'm still right and you're still wrong.

Off to open a nice bottle of red to let it breathe for this evening.

In fact it was a nice debate but I'm still right and you're still wrong.

Off to open a nice bottle of red to let it breathe for this evening.

You may think you are right inside of your head but you are holding a losing position against the trend.

You being a free capitalist and marketeer I'm surprised you are not following the money. Many things work against humanity and the social cause and you pick one that people want legalised. On balance and relatively a harmless natural occurring plant with many benefits and few more hidden secrets no doubt yet to be discovered.

Let people be free. :love::love::love::love:

Personally, I really think you should try the stuff with a glass of wine. You'll sleep like a baby. (y)

Last edited:
You may think you are right inside of your head but you are holding a losing position against the trend.

You being a free capitalist and marketeer I'm surprised you are not following the money. Many things work against humanity and the social cause and you pick one that people want legalised. On balance and relatively a harmful natural occurring plant with many benefits and few more hidden secrets no doubt yet to be discovered.

Personally, I really think you should try the stuff with a glass of wine. You'll sleep like a baby. (y)

Says who?

48% of people who voted for remain in the referendum didn't get what they wanted :LOL:

Last edited:
You are losing it CV. :whistling

On the wrong thread m8.

So who are these people that want drugs legalised?

btw, never gonna happen. We have more than enough anti social issues in the UK without giving even more people the excuse they need to be irresponsible.

You being a free capitalist and marketeer I'm surprised you are not following the money. Many things work against humanity and the social cause and you pick one that people want legalised. On balance and relatively a harmful natural occurring plant with many benefits and few more hidden secrets no doubt yet to be discovered.

People are already free to smoke, eat and grow cannabis if they want to. There really is no pressure to legalise it either from a moral or popular point of view. Use is certainly not being suppressed by a draconian legal system - people are left to do as they wish and have been for decades.

On a personal level, I think all the harmful stuff I ingest already is enough - I don't need to add another substance. But really, I wouldn't absorb anything through smoke inhalation - that is just asking for trouble. And I couldn't vote for a Prime Minister or MP who smokes anything - that's sheer stupidity.

I'll go a step further as its Sunday night and I'm feeling mellow - anyone who smokes - anything - should be banned from any public elected office.

So who are these people that want drugs legalised?

Mostly people using it medicinally. I suspect there is also commercial interest and governments across the world must be watching the tax revenue in the USA pick up pace as legalisation has already reached 25 states and revenue is over 5 billion.

5babbf5a8985a6cd2c35717617da91e4.jpg

I'm no prude, spent a lot of time at sea with men and have been around the block a few times but, believe me, the kind of stuff that you put up on the prevous post I find absolutely disgusting, with no kind of wit, or intelligence attached to it at all.

There is no doubt that the call to legalise drugs comes along with a general worsening of public behaviour. I am sure that it is part of the rot that is setting in in all our urban areas.

I'm no prude, spent a lot of time at sea with men and have been around the block a few times but, believe me, the kind of stuff that you put up on the prevous post I find absolutely disgusting, with no kind of wit, or intelligence attached to it at all.

There is no doubt that the call to legalise drugs comes along with a general worsening of public behaviour. I am sure that it is part of the rot that is setting in in all our urban areas.
Get over yourself, it's not a concoction of processed chemicals, it's a natural plant. It's naive ignorant out lashes like yours that I find the most irritating of all especially when the context was meant to be funny.

Its fact that cannabis has medical properties. If you refuse to accept that then you are ignorant and the fact that you don't educate yourself on it, but have the audacity to lash out at a joke, then you for the lack of a better term, an idiot.

Lets look at some facts in the USA against states where legalisation has been around for some time.

Denver:
All major crimes decreased after legalisation. Vehicle break-ins dropped 36 percent,homicide dropped 50 percent, sexual assaults dropped 14 percent,burglaries dropped 10 percent. There has been a remarkable decline in marajuana related charges from 11000 in a previous year when not legalised to 3500 a year and the latest is 2500. This has reduced costs and freed up courts and jails. All of this after their budget was cut by 94 million dollars. Finally, legalisation has brought in over 5 billion revenue to the government.

So before you get off on another lash I suggest you educate yourself on the matter before making an uninformed lashing. Maybe a sense of humour would help you as well.

With the advent of AI taking many jobs there are going to be huge unemployment problems across the globe. Drugs may be just one of the answers to this problem. Let the weak flake out if they want. They are basically hurting themselves and are probably the least productive anyway.
Legalise all drugs and tax them.

Oh dear. I'm guilty too as I did think it was funny but it is below the belt near the knees. Hate to offend you and my apologies, as it has upset you.

However, I think on the public behaviour point, smoking it is a recreational and social behaviour which may make one feel a little light headed but with far less consequences and mood swings than alcohol that's for sure.