The Ashes,Aussies,Brits & Long GBP/AUD

Texas_Hedge

There is a far more important issue at hand from tomorrow. The Cricket. The Ashes. The Ashes Test series begins at Lords tomorrow. The currency markets both here and in Aus will take second stage during the test series, and the long awaited thrashing the Assies will receive this summer. My contribution will be Long GBP/AUD 1 Contract @ 2.2980 (No Stops) and a £10 wager with my Aussie neighbour.

Current Position:

Long Brits/Ausses (for the series)

Long GBP/AUD Position Now Closed @ 2.3890 +910 points booked

Good Luck England.

Last edited:
Come on be patriotic get your GBP/AUD trades on, you could short it, if your an Aussie True blue. GBP/AUS trades on here for the duration of the Ashes Series...Though not to serious..Maybe one or two other trades as well.....I

OOOOps The PC people have just been on to me. Apparently using the term Aussie is offensive, especially to everyone who isn't Australian.

Last edited:
hmm, i might have to double your stake and sell that pair..

whilst i do wander around in union jack underpants from time to time, i have a feeling we will lose 2-1.

ps peter, if the series is drawn, are you going to get out of that bet at b/e ?

;)

I am so old that I remember when we used to beat the Aussies!!!!. I am pleased we have given some young players a chance and some of the Aussies look past their best, so we might have a chance this time. The West Indies used to dominate cricket and look at them now. I just hope we go all out to win and don't give them too much respect.

just dont let Joules or Ducatti see this...

then again, they are probably heading off to a bar now to watch the first few overs....

time to crank up the guardian's over by over report....

as good a place as any to "watch" the cricket online..

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/overbyover/story/0,16077,1533100,00.html

Pietersen drops Ponting! Hoggard gets one to move away, the Australian captain can't resist driving and England's new Boy Wonder, at gully, drops a very makeabale diving catch. A huge let off. "The all-time classic Bouncer the dog dream sequence episode of Neighbours is Australia's greatest (and possibly only) contribution to art culture,"