Teaching or Actually Trading. Which is more profitable?

Sidekicker....

I hate to be the one to break this to you...

The market for courses is saturated. 300 customers a year is a pipe dream for 99.999% of trading snake oil salesmen.

$100k per year is fook all. If you can trade consistently, you will be able to make much more than that. If you can't then you are retarded. It is fairly simple, if you can demonstrate consistent returns and show WHY your returns are consistent - you will be able to trade OPM.

Seriously, this is not a joke, I know a guy who has just been given $100k to trade by a hedge fund. They gave him the money because of his previous employer. He has never placed a live trade in his life BUT he has worked for an outstanding trader and $100k is a pittance should this guy turn out to be a success.

If a guy who has never placed a trade can get 100k to trade - what could someone get if they could demonstrate their skills?

Sidekicker....

I hate to be the one to break this to you...

The market for courses is saturated. 300 customers a year is a pipe dream for 99.999% of trading snake oil salesmen.

$100k per year is fook all. If you can trade consistently, you will be able to make much more than that. If you can't then you are retarded. It is fairly simple, if you can demonstrate consistent returns and show WHY your returns are consistent - you will be able to trade OPM.

Seriously, this is not a joke, I know a guy who has just been given $100k to trade by a hedge fund. They gave him the money because of his previous employer. He has never placed a live trade in his life BUT he has worked for an outstanding trader and $100k is a pittance should this guy turn out to be a success.

If a guy who has never placed a trade can get 100k to trade - what could someone get if they could demonstrate their skills?

I didn't say that overall you could make more teaching; I said that for many, they pretend they are trading but instead take a salary off the teaching. Of course trading is more profitable if done correctly but many can't. 300 is IMO very small for an online global service. I know of a few who have at least that turnover of members.

Hands down, has to be trading is more profitable.

Perhaps not so much day trading, although this is an excellent way to build wealth - but if you can swing trade a few hundred crude contracts, then you are going to make up for a lot of courses.

The training market is flooded full of idiots who can't teach on the supply side. On the demand side, to some extent you'd need to dumb yourself down to get a lot of customers. The low end of the market is full of clueless people who have no clue what they are doing but are sure of one thing - they want to get there with minimal effort.

I think training could be a good way to help build an account BUT doing it one on one is a tough deal as it would suck the strength out of you, especially if, like me, you are low on patience. Creating a video course may be better, as this doesn't require so much of your time but it will be copied and of course, you can't teach without answering people's questions.

Does this take into account the percentage of people who actually lose, because the average "trader" actually loses money, where as the average trainer makes money? Because from what you're saying is, the market is saturated, so therefore it's hard to make money from training, but at the same time it actually hard to make money trading as well, just going by the statistics.

Just pointing this out if you are starting with nothing.

Anyone can be a trainer/coach tomorrow with little start up costs an no knowledge of trading at all and make good money in a short time.

To make good money as a trader you need TIME, PRACTICE, and MONEY. You can't be a successful trader starting from nothing without all 3.

Therefore any Joe Bum of the street wanting to make a living now would be a coach not a trader.

Peter

lol.
One of my friends who regularly blows accounts mentioned he was considering becoming a teahcer/trainer/vendor - I don't think he was kidding, either!