Some of my trades, forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro surging today, looks overdone againstthe Nzd due to the new zealand central bank comments. However looking overdone here so short EurNzd at 1.8020, will add to at 1.8100, stop circa 1.8250

shorted eurtry at 1. 9620.

got out of the EurChf for +400

out eurnzd for +200, out eurtry for +40, -10 on eurchf. eurchf sold off strongly on the day, tempted but will stand aside.

GBP/CHF and AUD/USD

I just took out last night's trade on the GBP/CHF at 1.5772 for +127 pips. I also took out the initial position on aussie at .9389 for -295 pips.
Now, welcome to my world. Those are 2 separate trades, of course, so there goes my 4-week streak of no net losing trades. (I had a small losing trade on the GBP/CHF 2 weeks ago, but it was piggy backed, as I had 3 positions, and the net was +288.). What that has effectively done is relieve a huge burden off me. Also, because I margin at 10% consistently, and I ahve had some huge closing trades in the last few weeks, the net profit result was in the + for me.
Just like my cliche goes, "It is not the route you take on your journey, but it's the final destination that counts. In most walks of life, that may not be true. In trading we have preferrable routes like a straight line to the TP, but it does not always happen that way.

Since you calculate S/R levels on a weekly basis, do you aim to get flat over the weekend? I realise I'm probably simplifying the situation a bit, but if (say) at the end of Friday a trade is in profit at half your target level, and you have no other compelling reason to stay in or get out, would you generally exit and start anew on Monday?

If your weekly levels suggest a range for week1 then, if you believe the market is rangy, I expect you would initially view the middle of that range as a reversion point. But one difficulty that may arise is that week2 levels/expectations conflict with a trade left over from week1.

I wonder if you experience conflict like this from one week to the next, and how you reconcile it? I realise of course that you also use indicators, and they may dictate what you do.

Thanks for putting your levels down earlier this week, and have a good weekend.

Domino, good questions!
Don't forget, I also have the monthlies, yearlies, and even the decade's, so they also factor into the decision making process.
As far as being flat for the weekend, it's a good idea, but it doesn't happen that much. If you take a look at the weeklies I posted for this week, you will notice there is peculiar activities around those levels the previous week, adn will also continue that way into the next week, even though they are not the levels for the said weeks. The weekly bias and the range has a lot to do with what is going to happen heading into the next week. Also, the ichimoku cloud has a lot to say. If there is a strong bias operating between the monthlies, that is also another consideration. There is sually a correctioanl process to begin each week, so being flat a pair to end the week, then getting back in to start the new week is also a viable option.
I have also made trades shortly before the week is over (within 10 minutes), because I see a strong bias to begin the next week. What has happened for me a lot, is click the trade near the end of the week, then as soon as the new week begins, get out, because of a strong spike in my favor.
This is another srange part of me, but it is still highly effective to consider. Just about every weekly candle you look at has a stem on it. All this means is if the pair moves in your contrarian position to start the week, then hold on. It will move back. At the least, that wick is going to be formed. That will especially be the case when you look at the daily charts, and it has been sideways.
One way I reconcile my trades to my favor would be an example of what happened today. First, after every trade, it yields a new equity amount in my account. This also means a new lot amount to place the next trade with, because I am extremely consistent with the 10% margining. So, seeing most of my trades are winners, the equity increases on a regualr basis. That aussie position I took out today was ugly at over -200, but it turned out to be a net dollar win combined with taking out the GBP/CHF, because there was a considerable more amount on the GBP/CHF, because the aussie had been up for a long time.
Some times I have to look at the net distribution of gains, and take it on the chin for one of the individual trades. I also briefly alluded to the other ways of reconciling the trades.
Just let me know if there is a pair/s you would like to view in lieu of my weeklies or monthlies. Individual pairs are posted from certain requests I get.
All in all, I would say the metaphor someone pinned on my fits my trading, and that is I'm like a drunk butterfly. I float. You just don't know where I'm going to land. My predictability can be very unpredcitable. There are absolute staples baout my trading that I'm very rigid with. I never trade outside of what I see throguh the eyes of my methodology, my margin is always the same--10%, usually with no stops, and a solid "ice in my veins" mindset and attitude towards my trading. OTT, it is which ever way the wind blows.

Since you calculate S/R levels on a weekly basis, do you aim to get flat over the weekend? I realise I'm probably simplifying the situation a bit, but if (say) at the end of Friday a trade is in profit at half your target level, and you have no other compelling reason to stay in or get out, would you generally exit and start anew on Monday?

If your weekly levels suggest a range for week1 then, if you believe the market is rangy, I expect you would initially view the middle of that range as a reversion point. But one difficulty that may arise is that week2 levels/expectations conflict with a trade left over from week1.

I wonder if you experience conflict like this from one week to the next, and how you reconcile it? I realise of course that you also use indicators, and they may dictate what you do.

Thanks for putting your levels down earlier this week, and have a good weekend.

4x you should check out the eurusd correlation with the sp500/es recently, i do think position trading terms stocks are in for a big fall, but we are at resistance now and i just think we could pop above there and get those stops and could easily push eur higher for a while.

Chartsy, concerning the SP 500, I don't follow it, so I don't have any intelligent input concerning it. The DJIA is in for a big fall, still. I'm seeing a mix from the daily and monthly (looking like a bear), and the weekly (looking like it still has horns). The weekly chart is showing a potential move up to 11,000, and if the tenken crosses the kijun, that could be all that is needed. Still, the kijun on the monthly has not been hit, and it is on the radar from previous extreme OB conditions. The kijun is 9168.50.
The euro met my objective at 1.3163 (5 points short, actually). This correctional process might be contained at 1.2963, which is the 38.2% mark of my YS2--YS1. If we get a daily close above 1.3163, then it should be on to 1.3286, and then the touching of the YS2 at 1.3486.
Also, the monthly tenken has not been touched, yet, which is needed to complete the longer term upward cycle. There is also a good chance the kijun could also be hit at 1.3753. If that happens, then the entire cyclical decomposition will be completed, then we are in for a strong reversal. The latter mark still appears to be far on the horizon.

4x you should check out the eurusd correlation with the sp500/es recently, i do think position trading terms stocks are in for a big fall, but we are at resistance now and i just think we could pop above there and get those stops and could easily push eur higher for a while.

WR--The latest

Here's the scoop concerning my Weekly Report. There is none this week. Hopefully I have one week to go, and it will be reactivated.
I got some explaining to do. I have said it a lot, but all my trades are based on what I see through the eyes of my methodology. I live and die (hopefully not) by it. It gives me an excellent idea of future price movements and the ability to forecast a directional path in anticipation of a trade to make in conjunction with what can be seen.
At this point, if you want, reread the WR's with the reviews and notice the accuracy, most of which is quite uncanny. That preciseness is made possible through the usage of the Hurst cycle TRM bands that were made available through Forex TRM. They have discontinued their subscribership. I consider myself to be excellent in the interpretation of the Hurst cycles, and the basic math element that is associated with them. AMAF, my S&R's have a lot to do with the cycliality of a trend, and the measurement of its range within its cycle periods, all though not related to Hurst cycles.
I have been working extra hard at finding a substitute for the Forex TRM charts, that still has acclimation towards Hurst's interpretation of the cyclical periods of the trends. If everything pans out, then it will be on with the WR. If not, then I will still keep up with things as usual, but without the WR's.
In the mean time, if someone would like the weekly S&R's for our upcoming week, then let me know which pairs you are interested in, and I'll shoot them out. So far, on the request list has been gold (How ya doin Hari?) euro and aussie. OTT, let me know what your S&R pleasure is for this week.

4x, pls include the pound dollar as well as the swissy. $ cad seems like having a bullish divergence on the daily, not sure how it will pan out. Thanks.

Joyrider, you got it! I will post them around 10:00 pm EST / 3:00 am GMT, maybe a little after.
As far as the loonie is concerned, I got 1.0444 on my radar. It was heavily OS on the daily, along with the divergence pattern you mentioned. The referred to point is the kijun. There is also potential for an even further rise from there.
The pair has gone sideways on the monthly chart. AS long as it stays inside the cloud, then an eventual move to 1.1496 will be seen.

4x, pls include the pound dollar as well as the swissy. $ cad seems like having a bullish divergence on the daily, not sure how it will pan out. Thanks.

Chartsy, concerning the SP 500, I don't follow it, so I don't have any intelligent input concerning it. The DJIA is in for a big fall, still. I'm seeing a mix from the daily and monthly (looking like a bear), and the weekly (looking like it still has horns). The weekly chart is showing a potential move up to 11,000, and if the tenken crosses the kijun, that could be all that is needed. Still, the kijun on the monthly has not been hit, and it is on the radar from previous extreme OB conditions. The kijun is 9168.50.
The euro met my objective at 1.3163 (5 points short, actually). This correctional process might be contained at 1.2963, which is the 38.2% mark of my YS2--YS1. If we get a daily close above 1.3163, then it should be on to 1.3286, and then the touching of the YS2 at 1.3486.
Also, the monthly tenken has not been touched, yet, which is needed to complete the longer term upward cycle. There is also a good chance the kijun could also be hit at 1.3753. If that happens, then the entire cyclical decomposition will be completed, then we are in for a strong reversal. The latter mark still appears to be far on the horizon.

Here is a longer term look at these. Right now my charts show my preferred counts, but these could change as the markets proceed. The Dow and the Euro do make similar patterns most of the time but not always on the shorter term charts.

Attachments

• EUR_USD_09_17_2010_day.PNG
    EUR_USD_09_17_2010_day.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 143
  • DOW_09_15_2010_Day.PNG
    DOW_09_15_2010_Day.PNG
    31.5 KB · Views: 135
Requested Weeklies--091910

Here are the requested S&R's for this week. Read left to right, R3,2,1, S1,2,3. You can plot these on your demo account, then sit back and watch the action, live:

EUR/USD: 1.3516, 1.3299, 1.3173, 1.2925, 1.2801, 1.2584
USD/JPY: 88.80, 87.42, 86.58, 84.90, 84.06, 82.57
GBP/USD: 1.6042, 1.5863, 1.5760, 1.5552, 1.5444, 1.5265
USD/CHF: 1.0380, 1.0253, 1.0176, 1.0026, .9952, .9824
EUR/AUD: 1.4410, 1.4258, 1.3995, 1.3800, 1.3703, 1.3540
Gold: 1318.22, 1298.26, 1286.77, 1263.78, 1251.92, 1232.33

EUR/USD trade

I went short at 1.3077 with a TP of only 1.3039. IMO, the pair should be preparing itself for a return to the UP. It could hit the WR2 before the week is out. This short looks very good, for the time being.

Your longer term outlook is in line with the monthly kijun at 1.3753 and the bottom of the cloud at 1.3838. Actually, we have been in line on this for the whole time I've been on this site.

Here is a longer term look at these. Right now my charts show my preferred counts, but these could change as the markets proceed. The Dow and the Euro do make similar patterns most of the time but not always on the shorter term charts.

Re: EUR/USD trade

Lack of momentum and follow on the reversal through forced me to close the trade at 1.3070 for +7 pips.
I'm still hoping for the move south, because I am looking for an entry to go long. We'll see what happens.

I went short at 1.3077 with a TP of only 1.3039. IMO, the pair should be preparing itself for a return to the UP. It could hit the WR2 before the week is out. This short looks very good, for the time being.

Usd/chf

I have an entry order to go short at 1.0262. This should present a nice strong move south if hit.

Eur/cad

Watch for 1.3652, which is my MR1. That area should be containment, and the reversal should be rapid.

Chf/jpy

My WS1 at 84.00 should make for an ideal long entry. From there the WR1 at 85.69 could be on the radar.

AUD/CAD trade

I went short at the MR1a at .9759. There shold be a pullback to around .9670/ I have to use my "a" levels only for this pair. This pair is on my live platform, but not on my demo platform that more accurately plots my S&R's.

Status
Not open for further replies.