So What Did You Learn At The Arcade.....

but i dont know any. my boyfriend is a trader for a bank and trading sounds fun. How can i meet a local?

salltbtch said:
That sounds a little too informal for me. Isnt there something more suitable?
Such as ?

Since thought is everything, be mindful of pitfalls that serve to entrap your thinking.

charliechan said:
lol - yeah - good boozers are always filled with locals.
Yes, ha ha Charlie, and the best locals are always well filled with booze in there, too. lol.

Sorry too labour the point but there are good trading arcades out there with good training programs that give the trainee the best chance of success. (not all graduates too answer the other thread)
As to the "good traders are too busy trading" line, well I know what you mean but it is not right. I know of an excellent spread trader who has for many years been making good money trading the short end both Euribor and Eurodollar but he has had enough of doing 14/15/16 hour days.
His way forward is too build a little trading team, teach the younger generation his methodology and trading patterns and then back them and take a percentage in exchange.
He still trades as he considers it important to lead by example and be "in the trenches" with the troops but he dosent trade the size he used too and he now works a normal day although is frequently on the phone.
As i said before, dont accept being pigeon holed and told what you are trading, also if someone tells you their training scheme is two months, avoid it, a rigid time frame doesnt work as people take too trading at different speeds. i
If they take on twenty or more trainees at a time, avoid it, this is a mincing machine with a low success rate guaranteed, look to the smaller bespoke trading rooms who give one too one or at worse two to one ratios of trainees too experienced traders.

So Parky, you are suggesting that the Arcades should not be ruled out, but approached carefully as with any business transaction. Shop around (if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity), and make your selection of arcade carefully.

Parky said:
Sorry too labour the point but there are good trading arcades out there with good training programs that give the trainee the best chance of success. (not all graduates too answer the other thread)
As to the "good traders are too busy trading" line, well I know what you mean but it is not right. I know of an excellent spread trader who has for many years been making good money trading the short end both Euribor and Eurodollar but he has had enough of doing 14/15/16 hour days.
His way forward is too build a little trading team, teach the younger generation his methodology and trading patterns and then back them and take a percentage in exchange.
He still trades as he considers it important to lead by example and be "in the trenches" with the troops but he dosent trade the size he used too and he now works a normal day although is frequently on the phone.
As i said before, dont accept being pigeon holed and told what you are trading, also if someone tells you their training scheme is two months, avoid it, a rigid time frame doesnt work as people take too trading at different speeds. i
If they take on twenty or more trainees at a time, avoid it, this is a mincing machine with a low success rate guaranteed, look to the smaller bespoke trading rooms who give one too one or at worse two to one ratios of trainees too experienced traders.

It definately helps to get yourself involved within a trading room. And yes shop around - if the room already has successful traders then that speaks volumes

salltbtch said:
how do you get someone to sponsor you
Just filling in with the obvious vowels Sally the b ...

Sounds pretty scary to me !!
Sponser you ? well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Think I will stick to gardening
(Nothing personal) lol

Last edited:
There's a piece of software made by crazy Russians that basically automates that process. Has anyone tried it?

Edge, are you referring to Aquarius platform? If so I would watch out calling them "crazy Russians", they will not mind the "crazy" bit but might take offence at being called "Russians".

police said:
It definately helps to get yourself involved within a trading room. And yes shop around - if the room already has successful traders then that speaks volumes
It doesn't mean a thing. So don't hope. But good luck anyway.

Pat494 said:
Just filling in with the obvious vowels Sally the b ...

Sounds pretty scary to me !!
Sponser you ? well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Think I will stick to gardening
(Nothing personal) lol
Pat,
what kind of gardening? I dont undestand the relevance to trading.
perhaps you could help me

SOCRATES said:
It doesn't mean a thing. So don't hope. But good luck anyway.
Mr Socrates,
I agree with the Policeman here and not you. This is why.
If you have a trading room filled with unsuccessful traders then i would summise there is something fundamentally going wrong there. However, a trading room full of successful traders would lead me to believe that there is something much better happening there.

salltbtch said:
Pat,
what kind of gardening? I dont undestand the relevance to trading.
perhaps you could help me

Sorry - my silly sense of humour but it is a strange name to pick for YOURSELF.
I'm sure you are a delightful person really.

salltbtch said:
Mr Socrates,
I agree with the Policeman here and not you. This is why.
If you have a trading room filled with unsuccessful traders then i would summise there is something fundamentally going wrong there. However, a trading room full of successful traders would lead me to believe that there is something much better happening there.
In an earlier post I warned you to be mindful of pitfalls that serve to entrap your thinking.

Whether the room is full or empty is not what you ought to put your attention on in order to accept what needs to be understood.

SOCRATES said:
In an earlier post I warned you to be mindful of pitfalls that serve to entrap your thinking.

Whether the room is full or empty is not what you ought to put your attention on in order to accept what needs to be understood.

Dear Mr Sorates,

You surprise me! I am not sure you actually took in what I said. You seem to have dismissed my remarks with a vague comment. But if you give me the attention I deserve you will see that I was noting the Quality of the traders not the Quantity.

thank you

Sx

Successful traders will realistically not be found in an arcade . they will be either in institutions , more likely at home or with some sort of pro trading fund.

An arcade is aglorified bucket shop reminiscent of the American day trader room . And we remember the kind of " successful " trader they had , guys who lost their pants and then proceeded to shoot the pants of everybody else.

Yeah sure , they may get lucky the short run with a few big gambling type wins ( I remember seeing one US and another UK guy on a TV documentary after they puy on their trades - they had no stops and were hitting and hoping , you see their extreme tension in their stupid little faces - zero risk control ) , but the long run I am willing to bet that 90% of arcade traders are net losers .

The other point is - If one wants to be surrounded by people at work then go and work in a dicso or something , trading is NOT a gregarious job ! It is very solitary , few can tolerate that .

Also , how many winning traders are you going to find who share their secrets with you free ??! Joke .

The concept of arcades like so many facets of UK life is cynical and exploitive of the downtrodden world view of it's masses .

The UK financial world is constructed politically like an ivory tower which no one but the politically approved elites can get to .
Arcades prey on this feeling and then offer " a concession and ' lifeline ' oppurtunity to get in " .

The reality is that both concepts are FALSE ! the mainstream money world is a lot easier to get in then the UK view , believe me , I was in the exact positon and 5 years down the line I ened up as a fully paid in-house trader with cuts of wins ( the old definition of a proprietary trader ) for a trading fund .

and thus the arcade solution is built on this internal fear , so they can charge your rent + comms to call yourself the now devoid title of "prop trader " . That is so far from the true meaning of PT that only the name bears resemblence.

it's a trick preyed upon your fears of inadequacy .

Great , long may it live .

definitely ,not Russian!!
from "yugoslavia" by way of the sudan .

simply the best price discovery machine on the market.If you are a spread trader its for you.

a happy user

a room full of happy rich successful traders will create a positive atmosphere and will rub off on to those who are new. they will see that it can be done.

a room full of morose unsuccessful losers will create a lot of negative energy and rub off on to those who join. new folk will wonder if it actually possible to make money in the market.

this is regardless of whether or not anyone is teaching anyone anything.

this when you think about it is quite similar to what goes on at t2w.