Sniper Forex System

so once you purchased sniper can you use the demo metatrader indefinately in alpari and just use your alerts to spreadbet? since it is tax free and fairly simple it seems to be the best option.

does anyone know anything about this?

Dont forget that you have an allowance of around £8,000 for CGT so the best bet might be to use the MT4 broker until you get past this point. Once you have done this, and have a feel for the system generally, you can migrate to spreadbetting for obvious tax efficiency.

Steve.

Sniper is tied to a specific Metatrader account. If it's a demo account ,and thus expires, the Sniper website indicates that you'll have to pay this guy another 25 bucks to move it to your new demo account, which will expire in another 1 to 3 months. A nice little earner........

Meanwhile, you'd be better off applying HMA's to your charts. That's all the 3 pretty lines appear to be. The indicators down the bottom don't appear to do very much.

Dont forget that you have an allowance of around £8,000 for CGT so the best bet might be to use the MT4 broker until you get past this point. Once you have done this, and have a feel for the system generally, you can migrate to spreadbetting for obvious tax efficiency.

Steve.

Yeah I understand what you are saying, but I have only got a demo account. Do I need to get a real account? Because I already have a real spreadbetting account with money in, so wouldn't it be easier to just spreadbet and use the metatrader demo account? Instead of all this switching accounts?

Does anyone have trouble setting up the alerts to your email server? I have filled in all the neccesary details but it doesnt seem to like POP3. Or maybe it's just my Yahoo account. Which emails do you guys use?

Sniper is tied to a specific Metatrader account. If it's a demo account ,and thus expires, the Sniper website indicates that you'll have to pay this guy another 25 bucks to move it to your new demo account, which will expire in another 1 to 3 months. A nice little earner........

Meanwhile, you'd be better off applying HMA's to your charts. That's all the 3 pretty lines appear to be. The indicators down the bottom don't appear to do very much.

What are HMAs? Hourly Moving Averages?

Exactly the same as Concept as I wanted to trial them side by side. I probably get 6 - 7 alerts a day but only take the ones while I am trading and only if I feel comfortable about them.

Including mistakes I am on a 2:1 win:loss
[/I]
6 currency pairs? are these the same 6 that concept are using? doesn't that give you alert after alert?

Do you have a rough idea how many trades you win compared to how many you lose?

The best thing to do is send an email to Sniper and ask them. In his web info he talks about using IG so I am assuming that it can be run on a deom account and your entry done on a different platform. I personally have set up an account on Alpari for mine but the best thing to do is drop Sniper an email.

Regarding email alert I have exactly the same problem but haven't done anything about it as I am only trading when I am at my desk and have Sniper set up on seperate screen.
Yeah I understand what you are saying, but I have only got a demo account. Do I need to get a real account? Because I already have a real spreadbetting account with money in, so wouldn't it be easier to just spreadbet and use the metatrader demo account? Instead of all this switching accounts?

Does anyone have trouble setting up the alerts to your email server? I have filled in all the neccesary details but it doesnt seem to like POP3. Or maybe it's just my Yahoo account. Which emails do you guys use?

Exactly the same as Concept as I wanted to trial them side by side. I probably get 6 - 7 alerts a day but only take the ones while I am trading and only if I feel comfortable about them.

Including mistakes I am on a 2:1 win:loss
[/I]

Sorry I have asked about 7 million questions, but I am not used to forex trading and how to perform technical analysis on their charts. I normally trade the markets so I am new to this. My question is about your reward to risk ratio. Do you work on a 2:1, 1.5:1? Because with my sniper trade at the moment I'm on a 1.5:1 ratio but I dont have any idea why, I just though "Yeah that sounds about right"

Have you got any advice on this?

Sandy

I dropped Gary an email about this when I first set up Sniper and he said that you should only enter a trade when all colours on lines and bars match. So even if you are gin=ven an entry and the 3 lines are right but the histogram is not you do not enter until they are. Following that has meant I have got some good results but the first set of trades I didn't apply that to and got some losses. Once I stuck to the principle of all colours matching it has been more successful.

What are HMAs? Hourly Moving Averages?

as per an earlier post I made about this, they are called Hull Moving Averages.
Great when they are in synch with the market, but obviouly pants when they get out of synch.

screenshot of Hulls set to 40. (had a look at teh Sniper website, and tried to replicate, and think 40 is pretty close, but without more recent screenshots difficult to tell)

Attachments

• hma-40.jpg
    hma-40.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 625
Your reward/risk ratio is your call. Concept appear to work on a 2:1. I work on 3:1 when trading FTSE but with Sniper I am feeling my way and will set up my RR once I have finished this week when I have had a chance to look at my results, but then again I'm not trading real money yet.
Sorry I have asked about 7 million questions, but I am not used to forex trading and how to perform technical analysis on their charts. I normally trade the markets so I am new to this. My question is about your reward to risk ratio. Do you work on a 2:1, 1.5:1? Because with my sniper trade at the moment I'm on a 1.5:1 ratio but I dont have any idea why, I just though "Yeah that sounds about right"

Have you got any advice on this?

I think that you'll find that Gary is happy to change the EA to suit any demo account that you have. Just drop him a line and he'll send you back the EA set up for the new account number. You'll need to do this as and when you trade live anyway.

Steve.

Hello Scanjet, On the bottom of on-line application form for metatrader demo account
it says demo account gets deleted if inactive for 45 days, so doing a few demo trades on it regularly should keep it going. Also its good practice for the reality show.. .

Your demo account will expire. When it does you will pay 25bucks to move it? Am I wrong?

O Great Guru!

Your demo account will expire. When it does you will pay 25bucks to move it? Am I wrong?

Why don't you make the effort to do some research, and then talk from a position of factual knowledge, rather than just argue based on your own assumptions? Get a demo copy of Sniper, read and fully absorb the detail of the instructions, and find a demo account data feed that will not expire? Then add value to this thread by sharing your new found knowledge. Why comment from the sidelines, Great Guru?

Yes, as per normal you are wrong!

As I said in a prior post, if you need to move your EA onto another account then the guy does it for free! You just email him and tell him the new Acc No and he changes the EA and sends it out on email. You then set it up on the new account. How easy is that?

If you have a one month lease and it has ten days left then the new account will work for ten days. How easy is that?

The extra license is for people who want to run the same EA on more than one account. Therefore you pay and extra $25 for the second account. How easy is that?

Steve.

I posted several weeks ago on the Concept thread, commenting that I very rarely contribute to the threads, but avidly read the advice and actual trading experiences etc. from most of the posters. Some of the crap posted on the Concept thread made me stop reading - the same may happen soon with this one. Scanjet, may I suggest that if you have nothing positive to contribute, you find something constructive to do with your time. You obviously know everything, so why come on to these threads to pick holes in everything. We can make decisions based on what is posted by people actually doing something - not by ridiculing every system and new trader that comes looking for help. You seem to have a problem with one area - the guy himself makes money from selling the system etc.; I can't imagine you would spend your time doing something for nothing, am I right?(don't answer)

Yes, as per normal you are wrong!

As I said in a prior post, if you need to move your EA onto another account then the guy does it for free! You just email him and tell him the new Acc No and he changes the EA and sends it out on email. You then set it up on the new account. How easy is that?

Steve.

No he doesn't. He tells you the charge is $25 and he aint budgin.

No he doesn't. He tells you the charge is $25 and he aint budgin.

Oh, thats interesting......

I wonder why he's changed SF between three different accounts that I have and hasnt so much mentioned about charging me extra.

For your info - In the initial email which you get the author actually suggests setting it up on a demo account first and then quickly emailing him when you need it changing to a proper real cash account.

Steve.