Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

Just think about that for a minute and consider the longevity of this offer/this newish company...Now ask yerself why fxcm havn't done it (and they could, in seconds..) ;)
Doesn't matter, SLM have been the first to get it going. I think at this stage one has to congratulate them for this effort. Of course as always, you have to be careful and check up on new companies. Is the company FSA regulated and are the funds secured, insured and ring fenced in stable banks (if there is any these days). This especially, if you are going to deposit a lot of money.

What are the minimum stakes with these guys, and do they have any deals going like account bonuses etc??
cheers

10p/pip minimum stake. I don't know what the minimum account deposit is, but by the sound of things, I doubt whether it will be too demanding.

The SLM rep on this thread says they are looking at offering bonuses etc.
Unless we have offended him and he has gone off and taken his football with him :)

Last edited:

10p/pip minimum stake. I don't know what the minimum account deposit is, but by the sound of things, I doubt whether it will be too demanding.

The SLM rep on this thread says they are looking at offering bonuses etc.
Unless we have offended him and he has gone off and taken his football with him :)
No minimum account deposit as I understand it.
I guess they are very busy at this stage getting it all to work properly.:)

Cool. I just signed up. Not letting me log on to their metatrader platform though..??...
says 'invalid acccount'
Guess ill contact them in a bit.

edit: Scrap that. I was being a moron

re, scalping, to what extent is MT4 'customisable' by the broker/data feed provider/SB company? For instance, is the minimum distance for a trailing stop always 15pt, as it seems to be with SLM's Dow?
I think you can by your own customized scripts get almost every trading scenario to work the way you like it. By default the MT4 provider have certain options installed (some of these can be changed, have a look at Tools, Options).

Hi BS,
FXCM could impliment MT4 in a shot, sure. However, they have decided to create a similar platform themselves. Two observations, 1)would have cost allot more than the license for MT4, in man hours if nothing else 2)Will give them complete control, not restrainable functionality for brokers like MT4, ie, the can screw with their own platform all they like.

This is copied from the FXCM thread:
"Many of you have asked about spreadbetting using the MT4 platform and whether FXCM is working to offer this. While I have seen no definitive plans as of yet, FXCM is developing a new automated trading platform as an alternative to MT4. The new platform is called Strategy Trader, and it is in beta testing at the moment. I think that those of you who have used MT4 will find it very easy to use find your way around Strategy Trader.

See the attached screenshot

Here are some of the highlights for the new platform:

- Tick Charts
- Create any time frame chart
- No bridges
- Advanced backtesting with detailed strategy/trade analysis
- Access to all fxcm order types
- Uses C# for coding, easy to hookup and debug in visual studio
- Over 150 chart indicators, one of the most powerful charting package to be offered by FXCM

The platform is currently in beta testing, and you're welcome to request a demo if you would like to join in on the beta testing: http://www.fxcm.com/lp-strategy-trader-beta.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jason"

Just think about that for a minute and consider the longevity of this offer/this newish company...Now ask yerself why fxcm havn't done it (and they could, in seconds..) ;)

Just chucking it out there, playing devils advicate i guess. I actually like FXCM and Jason seems like a decent chap, so nothing against them. Just an observation.

Last edited:

ok---Dow now down to 2 points as per discussion--loving this firm so far. Plenty of trades no probs yet on live account.

minimum bets are £1 per point on FX? thought .10 lot was 10p per point but looks to be more like £1per point/.

No minimum account deposit as I understand it.
I guess they are very busy at this stage getting it all to work properly.:)

When I spoke to them I was told I could deposit £20 which is a bit low even for me. If they come up with some offers I may chuck 500 at it to see how the live platform performs before committing further funds.

minimum bets are £1 per point on FX? thought .10 lot was 10p per point but looks to be more like £1per point/.

Are you sure you're on the SB account, does it say "Spread Bet MT4" top left hand corner?

well this is rather embarrasing, but i think i've managed to open the wrong account!! (forex/cfd)
lol

Fortunately my trade was a winner

update on CFD account would be nice --no charges as built into spread I believe
edit--I`m thinking equities here

Last edited:

Oh no, you'll have to pay tax on your winnings!

Nooooooo!!!!! :cry:

I Wonder if I email them they'll be able to swap me over to a spreadbet account to save me taking the money out, waiting for it to get back in my bank account, and then apply all over again for a spreadbet account and then fund that account??