Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

Can anyone with a live account tell me if they can put in a pending order out of hours. Thanks.

Can anyone with a live account tell me if they can put in a pending order out of hours. Thanks.

Dont think so.
Doesn't let you select an instrument or input a 'size' and so the 'place trade' button is always greyed out.

To be fair, I thought most spredbet platforms dont let you do such things when the markets closed..?...

Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to trade directly from charts, ie, can orders be placed or 'dragged' with a mouse? I thought this was possible with MT4, but my memory may be failing, as it doesn't seem to be a feature of the demo platform.

Excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to trade directly from charts, ie, can orders be placed or 'dragged' with a mouse? I thought this was possible with MT4, but my memory may be failing, as it doesn't seem to be a feature of the demo platform.
There are EA's and scripts that enable you to trade directly from the chart.

Last edited:

cheers for that gle101 .............. is it just the horizontal lines that can trigger buy/sell orders ? it would be nice if you could get a movable trend line to do that .

cheers for that gle101 .............. is it just the horizontal lines that can trigger buy/sell orders ? it would be nice if you could get a movable trend line to do that .

IG's Deal Thru can do that, in theory, although personally I've never been able to make any of it work. The main thing I need is an EA that places, drags or deletes an order with one click on a chart.

IG's Deal Thru can do that, in theory, although personally I've never been able to make any of it work. The main thing I need is an EA that places, drags or deletes an order with one click on a chart.
I am quite sure you can find an EA that will take care of that. You might end up paying a small fee for getting hold of it though.

To be fair, I thought most spredbet platforms dont let you do such things when the markets closed..?...

Well, Tradefair certainly do. You can create new orders, and amend existing orders, no problem. I am sure I have had other SB accounts which allowed this as well, but could not say reliably from memory which ones they were. Almost certainly Interactive Investor allowed it.

IG don't allow you to amend existing orders I think, but I am not sure about creating new ones.

Well, Tradefair certainly do. You can create new orders, and amend existing orders, no problem. I am sure I have had other SB accounts which allowed this as well, but could not say reliably from memory which ones they were. Almost certainly Interactive Investor allowed it.

IG don't allow you to amend existing orders I think, but I am not sure about creating new ones.

You can certainly create new orders with IG when markets are closed. I did so over the week-end although the trade hasn't come into play yet. Letting the market come to me. :clover: