Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

Where is the SLM representative? He was very eager the other day to answer questions.

Where is the SLM representative? He was very eager the other day to answer questions.

I sent them an email, here is the reply.

All our Indices spreads should switch automatically when the cash market
opens.
We have found a bug in the price feed software which will be fixed this w/e
(when everything is shut).
In the meantime we have to change those spreads manually ... which you
guessed it, means one of us remembering to do it.
I forgot yesterday. I have set my iphone to remind me today.
Everything else should have been OK.

Well, at least it looks like they are trying. I phoned them this morning with a query about live trading. The rep was most helpful and discussing other things he said that himself and another guy running the show were formerly at ODL. Time will tell but they seem to be off to a good start.

Give the guy a break; he has to have time away from here sometimes.
Running everyone's stops doesn't just happen by itself you know! :LOL:
(Just kidding.....! :) ).

I forgot yesterday. I have set my iphone to remind me today.
Everything else should have been OK.
I used to find tying a knot in my i-hankie worked quite well.

Give the guy a break; he has to have time away from here sometimes.
Running everyone's stops doesn't just happen by itself you know! :LOL:
(Just kidding.....! :) ).

I used to find tying a knot in my i-hankie worked quite well.

Would that be an i-snot then? :LOL:

Guys am I missing something here? Presumably most on this thread are successful spread-betters and part of that success must be down to the familiarity and trust you have established with the spread betting firm and their platform/software. On that basis why the excitement re. a new entry? Spreads are no better than the big boys and would you honestly have 10-50K on deposit with a (fairly) new start firm? Honestly I'm genuinely intrigued..it can't just be the intergration/application of MT4. It can be only one other factor; you're hoping to spot a gap/latency issues so you can scalp the fook out of these guys and move on...

Guys am I missing something here? Presumably most on this thread are successful spread-betters and part of that success must be down to the familiarity and trust you have established with the spread betting firm and their platform/software. On that basis why the excitement re. a new entry? Spreads are no better than the big boys and would you honestly have 10-50K on deposit with a (fairly) new start firm? Honestly I'm genuinely intrigued..it can't just be the intergration/application of MT4. It can be only one other factor; you're hoping to spot a gap/latency issues so you can scalp the fook out of these guys and move on...

Just from my point of view, I know the MT4 platform inside out from forex trading and it suits me, the fact that they offer minimum pip values at 10p means I can get my money management more accurate and test new ideas live with less risk, as far as other spread betting companies go I do not seem to get much from them in customer satisfaction, but that could be just me asking obvious (or in their eyes stupid) questions. They are also FSA regulated so that means up to 50K of your money is safe anyway. I to would like them to be longer established but then my communications with them has given me the confidence to try them, may just wait for the offers though.

This is just my view.

I have been trading CFDs for quite many years and I just love the look and control that the MT4 platform gives you. I am amazed it has taken so many years to migrate it to SB. I am also intrigued that the big boys have allowed a new starter to be the first to claim it for SB . Your conclusion is way off, SB on a MT4 platform is a big event, that many spread betters have been eagerly awaiting to be materialized.

I have been trading CFDs for quite many years and I just love the look and control that the MT4 platform gives you. I am amazed it has taken so many years to migrate it to SB. I am also intrigued that the big boys have allowed a new starter to be the first to claim it for SB . Your conclusion is way off, SB on a MT4 platform is a big event, that many spread betters have been eagerly awaiting to be materialized.

I'm not an MT4 expert, as previously referred to, but I wonder if the reason they have avoided it is that it may encourage (from some people) automated scalper-style trading which of course SB firms hate.

With that qualification, I agree with your posting.

Just think about that for a minute and consider the longevity of this offer/this newish company...Now ask yerself why fxcm havn't done it (and they could, in seconds..) ;)

Just from my point of view, I know the MT4 platform inside out from forex trading and it suits me, the fact that they offer minimum pip values at 10p means I can get my money management more accurate and test new ideas live with less risk, as far as other spread betting companies go I do not seem to get much from them in customer satisfaction, but that could be just me asking obvious (or in their eyes stupid) questions. They are also FSA regulated so that means up to 50K of your money is safe anyway. I to would like them to be longer established but then my communications with them has given me the confidence to try them, may just wait for the offers though.

This is just my view.

So why the interest in SB if you're succesfully trading forex? Why not just open an Alpari micro account?

I'm not an MT4 expert, as previously referred to, but I wonder if the reason they have avoided it is that it may encourage (from some people) automated scalper-style trading which of course SB firms hate.

With that qualification, I agree with your posting.
Yes, it definitely true that you with the MT4 platform have more control over your positions. It could be harder for the SB to manipulate the MT4 price feed (even though tools exit for this purpose). I think SLM is by offering the MT4 platform is bringing SB to yet another higher level. But as always, how well SLM perform in real live trading remains to be seen.

Didn't ODL have speadbetting on metatrader4???

What are the minimum stakes with these guys, and do they have any deals going like account bonuses etc??
cheers

re, scalping, to what extent is MT4 'customisable' by the broker/data feed provider/SB company? For instance, is the minimum distance for a trailing stop always 15pt, as it seems to be with SLM's Dow?