Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Re: Meta Trader 4

In EURUSD on the 4hr TF I seems to have loads off duplicate bars in the historical data. The new stuff seems to be coming through OK though.

Hi. Well I know who you are refering to. I think they did that as a 'loss leader' and to grab a few headlines along the way. Good luck to them too. I am not going to say we will never do that, but we have no plans to at the moment. The UK100 is one thing, but with Wall Street 30, you are open to abuse. The opposition's trading platform that you are refering to can be controlled and regulated far more than MT4 can.
Regards SLM

Yes, I thought They would only offer 1pt Dow spread for a week or two, but it's still going and the platform is more reliable than expected, so I think the rest of the SBs will have to match it.

What does 'open to abuse' mean, though? Presumably you're talking about short-term trades?

I have been away a couple of days with no access to a Internet connection, lovely.:)

I have noticed there has been a lot of action on this MT4 thread. It is also very nice to see that a SLM representative have joined us, and with this I think they are off to a very good start for the company. As always the heat will probably rise as more traders is starting to use their live trading account, and this will have a reflection on this thread. I hope that SLM representative will stick around even when things is staring to move against them with complaints posted on this thread. So far it is not much to complain about really, at least not when testing their demo account. However as we know live trading is a different matter altogether. My first impression is that this company is open for suggestions and at least for starters very service minded.

Yes, I thought They would only offer 1pt Dow spread for a week or two, but it's still going and the platform is more reliable than expected, so I think the rest of the SBs will have to match it.

What does 'open to abuse' mean, though? Presumably you're talking about short-term trades?
Two spread on the Dow is OK. I do not think 1 spread will become standard among SB companies, it is just too narrow spread for profitability. City is doing great with this promotion, but I do not think they will be able to sustain it in the long run. My guess is 2 point spread will become standard and companies like CS will have to adapt in order to compete.

Two spread on the Dow is OK. I do not think 1 spread will become standard among SB companies, it is just too narrow spread for profitability. City is doing great with this promotion, but I do not think they will be able to sustain it in the long run. My guess is 2 point spread will become standard and companies like CS will have to adapt in order to compete.

As long as some 'difficult' customers are weeded out, I reckon they could offer 0pt spread and still make plenty of profit. Not sure about CS, but CMC, still with 4pt Dow, 2pt on Euro indices and a user-unfriendly platform, is the one that needs to adapt.

just to update earlier post-well i`ve been using it live for a while and no complaints yet- small amounts as up until now i`ve kept clear of SB ing so just dipping my toe.. Now all I have to do is make better decisions. No problems with slippage and doesn`t disconnect every time anything moves lol--

just to update earlier post-well i`ve been using it live for a while and no complaints yet- small amounts as up until now i`ve kept clear of SB ing so just dipping my toe.. Now all I have to do is make better decisions. No problems with slippage and doesn`t disconnect every time anything moves lol--

Thanks for the feedback, good to know all is going well, keep us posted.

As long as some 'difficult' customers are weeded out, I reckon they could offer 0pt spread and still make plenty of profit. Not sure about CS, but CMC, still with 4pt Dow, 2pt on Euro indices and a user-unfriendly platform, is the one that needs to adapt.

CMC need to do a lot of changing including get rid of all their rude staff.

It is also very nice to see that a SLM representative have joined us, and with this I think they are off to a very good start for the company. As always the heat will probably rise as more traders is starting to use their live trading account, and this will have a reflection on this thread. I hope that SLM representative will stick around even when things is staring to move against them with complaints posted on this thread. So far it is not much to complain about really, at least not when testing their demo account. However as we know live trading is a different matter altogether. My first impression is that this company is open for suggestions and at least for starters very service minded.

You are always going to get people who want to complain, I also hope they will stick around through those times and continue to answer the questions of all others.

From what everything so far I can see nothing to complain about.

Look forward to the joining incentives that will be coming soon:clap:

You are always going to get people who want to complain, I also hope they will stick around through those times and continue to answer the questions of all others.

From what everything so far I can see nothing to complain about.

Look forward to the joining incentives that will be coming soon:clap:

Ah now, will people hold off opening live accounts, waiting for opening bonuses?
I hope that SLM will look favourably upon "recently opened" live accounts as well :)

I am also looking forward joining SLM, not for the sake (always nice though) of the bonus but for the platform and narrow spreads. I guess they now have to introduce the bonus offer sooner than anticipated.:)
In which currencies can you open an account?

25 minutes into the US trading session and SLM have not changed to open hours spreads on the demo account, what about the live account? Don't they have a automatic switch on this?

currently getting 1 point FTSE 3 points Dow on live account if that helps

currently getting 1 point FTSE 3 points Dow on live account if that helps
Yes it is the same as the demo account. I think the SLM representative need to explain why this is the case. The Dow should be 2 spread, The Nasdaq 1 spread and the S&P 4 spread during open hours.

I've opened a demo and can only see SB FX markets. It's been a year or two since I used MT4, so what am I doing wrong?