Sky Hamilton

reselling training material on that is out of date, and it costs less to get the up to date material from official sources.

Depends on copyright etc but they'll probably get away with it if indeed that's what they are doing. Faking testimonials is more serious, they are jailing people in the US for pulling the same crap.

Are you from the US then?

say CISI (chartered institute for investment and savings) found out, surely they would be pissed as SkyHamilton are essentially providing the wrong information which goes against what CISI stand for and they taking money away from CISI who actually produce this material?

I'm not from the US, you could well be right about CISI, worth looking into. I also read that the FTC can impose $16,000 a day fines for misleading marketing. However these guys are in the UK where these things are sadly not pursued with the same vigour. We do have legislation called the Fraud Act which could be applied to this sort of thing but rarely is.

Are you from the US then?

say CISI (chartered institute for investment and savings) found out, surely they would be pissed as SkyHamilton are essentially providing the wrong information which goes against what CISI stand for and they taking money away from CISI who actually produce this material?

CISI have a list of accredited training providers and you guessed it neither Sky Hamilton or Learn Express are on it.

CISI

hi everyone,
today i got scammed by these companie(s), please would any of you that have been scammed please come forward and put forward your stories on my email address which is [email protected]. I am trying to gather as much evidence as possible because I will be reporting this issue to the police, fsa and action fraud. thank u very much

hi everyone,
today i got scammed by these companie(s), please would any of you that have been scammed please come forward and put forward your stories on my email address which is [email protected]. I am trying to gather as much evidence as possible because I will be reporting this issue to the police, fsa and action fraud. thank u very much

I assume you saw the stuff about their fake testimonials. I think the names of the guys involved are mentioned here, Terry Troakes and the other one, his name escapes me now.

The other one is called Paul Dacey, the company director is Chris Princewill.

I assume you saw the stuff about their fake testimonials. I think the names of the guys involved are mentioned here, Terry Troakes and the other one, his name escapes me now.

i have evidenced gathered and thankful for the help of other peoples stories and their postings however i only found this out once i had paid. so therefore its too late. i have already put through a despite through fraud because in actual fact it is a job scam - promising a job role and charging for materials which is not authorised by cii and will not get me a job

When did you pay? You may be able to cancel if it is less than 7 days ago. If you paid by credit card you might also have some protection.

The other one is called Paul Dacey, the company director is Chris Princewill.

thank u for this. i only know the name of the person who scammed me.

i will be printing out this whole forum and showing it to the police etc

i paid only the other day, unfortunately i cant cancel it, i did try. however it is only fraud until the transaction has gone through, it has gone through now so therefore i can put through a dispute which i have but i also want to report it to police etc

no police is interested in this because this is a scam and because it has affected other people they definitely want to know, trading standards, action fraud and fsa also.

i paid only the other day, unfortunately i cant cancel it, i did try. however it is only fraud until the transaction has gone through, it has gone through now so therefore i can put through a dispute which i have but i also want to report it to police etc

Call the Citizens Advice Bureau about the cancellation. They can advise you.

no police is interested in this because this is a scam and because it has affected other people they definitely want to know, trading standards, action fraud and fsa also.

Well if they are that's good news. Fake testimonials breach section 2 of the Fraud Act but I've never heard of any prosecutions, maybe this will be the first, let's hope so.

So what do you think about all these fake testimonials, what sort of company does something like that?

pboyles what do you do for a living?

where do you find the time to research into these companies?

have you been scammed before?

please share with us...

Eric

When you know what you're doing it only takes 10 minutes to find this stuff. The industry is full of fraud and deception. Just look at what happened this week with MF Global. $600 million of clients money missing.

Eric

I know youve asked me twice but I'm not going to publish any details, I've been threatened for exposing various scams and I'm not going to make it easy for them. In any case the evidence is here so if you doubt my word you can check it for yourself.

Eric

I know youve asked me twice but I'm not going to publish any details, I've been threatened for exposing various scams and I'm not going to make it easy for them. In any case the evidence is here so if you doubt my word you can check it for yourself.

But Pboyles,

we as the user of the community need to understand where you are coming from.

Because you seem to be very grumpy. You seem to target a few firms and go after them.

are you a real user, or are you part of some trading firm? Giving negative feedback to some firms, but keeping your firm safe.

who do you work for?

do you trade? where did you learn to trade? why do you post on here 7 days a week? do you have a job?

sharing is caring...:|