Setups 2 - the popcorn thread

What happened to the hedgefund you were setting up in a shop window? (LOL)

I decided it wasn't worth it - just got off the phone with the FSA this morning. It's £1.5k for an application, there is no guarantee you'll be approved and the running costs are pretty big. Besides, I always found it easier to trade my own money...returns are going to be smaller I guess but it takes the pressure off.

1st quote -The point is you don't seem to understand your own trading capital. Maybe you should actually keep your lies straight. Risk management should be smooth not swinging. I don't see anyone seriously going from 1mil to 500k in a matter of weeks unless something is seriously wrong.

I understand my capital perfectly. I spent half my trading life listening to people that say something SHOULD be a certain way. Trouble is, you have to find your own way...some of us have different attitudes towards risk and better strategies that can handle higher risk than others... :)

But you're right about one point - for the large majority its impossible to tell if anything I've said is true. The important people in my life and there are a few on here that are friends, know what I've said is true and that I've never lied about anything.

For the rest of you, you can follow the setups I've taught and decide for yourself.

The only consideration (apart from to the gossip mongers who really don't have a life) should be not whats happening to my account but whether the setups I trade are valid.

Jesse Livermore, as New Trader stated, blew his account many times, does anyone question the validity of tape reading?

Money mangement was never my strongest point in my own account even though my prop firm said I was way too conservative in this regard (theres differing risk perspectives encapsulated for you right there). Incidentally, thats why only a few posts into MMT I said I wasn't going to concentrate on risk taken - just the setups and how you perceive risk versus reward.

Risk is a pretty personal issue.

Yesterday I sold Gold. I took $10 out of it in just over three hours.

If I had risked 1% that makes me sensible. If I had risked 50% that makes me a crazy b*rstard. But the setup is what should be up for discussion. Did it work? You bet.

The rest is up to you guys.

Tom

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Jesse livermore was a celebrity of the trading world and although some of his saying may be true, he just gambled huge.

I am not saying making that amount of money is not worth recognising, i'm just saying the way he did it was pretty idiotic.

I like your post on £80 thread. Go look back on potential setups, you were telling people to go long. Strangely you are hugely saved up short. Loving the hindsight of your potential.

Off for football and lulz, my concern is not your life- but judging how many people are reading this at the bottom - how many newbies are getting luring into your 100% hit ratios.

To all you at the bottom there - please stop and think.

Good day.

I like your post on £80 thread. Go look back on potential setups, you were telling people to go long. Strangely you are hugely saved up short. Loving the hindsight of your potential.

I told people to get long around 940 if I recall with a profit target of 957....And er...it went up to 954...thats....um...16 handles (160 ticks) profit...

Sorry, where did that not help anyone?

Last edited:
Furthermore, if you actually are worth £500,000. Please unmask that blurred statement. It surely must not be a problem showing your size if you are worth so much as you wouldn't actually care whether you made £100 or £100,000 (if anything you should be gloating with your "big size" trade).

I realise that it is only 50p a point, if not fake (and in hindsight), so you must trully be risking 1% a trade...lets hope you have a big stop then).

Furthermore, if you actually are worth £500,000. Please unmask that blurred statement. It surely must not be a problem showing your size if you are worth so much as you wouldn't actually care whether you made £100 or £100,000 (if anything you should be gloating with your "big size" trade).

I realise that it is only 50p a point, if not fake (and in hindsight), so you must trully be risking 1% a trade...lets hope you have a big stop then).

RichLady, I'm not here to prove my account size. I've told a few people (including you, foolishly) and whether you believe it is up to you. Genuinely, I find that the more people that know how much you are really making, the worse it gets. So I can leave you to speculate. I'm still not sure where it matters how much I traded at or how much money I've made in this business. If I traded it at £0.01p a point or at £8,000 per point hardly matters. You choose your stake according to what you want to risk and the money was there for the taking...and I know a few readers of PS probably got it too...since the setup was one I've taught since the dawn of time...

This thread is a load of sh*t. I definitely learned a lot more from MMT and PS, than this one.

This is for real - Has anyone else noticed Ig Index variable FX spreads widening on the peak trade times for pins. I seriously think they have. Have look and see what you think.

Kind Regards to you all
Jason

I believe IG get their prices from a feed of about 10 banks and ECNs so it would only be that after a large movement and retracement causing uncertainty that the MM's will have a slightly wider price that feeds through to IG.

You'll probably not notice the times when you trade on a smaller than average spread.

How often have you had a trade with IG and had a stop at 15575 and it's traded as high as 15574.7 but not hit your stop? If they were gaming you then they'd whack it up to 15575.3 just to take out all the stops...but they don't.

So, richlady = Killphil, petersmitty = Wasp, they, along with Genics, think T_D blew his account and that he is misleading newbies, taking the other side of trades because he thinks potential setups is being monitored? Newbies want answers, oldies tell newbies they have no right to answers. T_D says he made a new account high. N_T tells everyone to stop worshipping the 'guru' which is absolutely hilarious as he kisses socs butt so much he even writes in the same colour and style as him which is also quite gay. Killphil/richlady goes to pub, foredog just doesn't give a sh1t and arabiannights is poised in silence to say something either very funny or something that will shed a new light on this matter....

ding ding, round two

So, richlady = Killphil, petersmitty = Wasp, they, along with Genics, think T_D blew his account and that he is misleading newbies, taking the other side of trades because he thinks potential setups is being monitored? Newbies want answers, oldies tell newbies they have no right to answers. T_D says he made a new account high. N_T tells everyone to stop worshipping the 'guru' which is absolutely hilarious as he kisses socs butt so much he even writes in the same colour and style as him which is also quite gay. Killphil/richlady goes to pub, foredog just doesn't give a sh1t and arabiannights is poised in silence to say something either very funny or something that will shed a new light on this matter....

ding ding, round two

Arabiannights tells me via msn that he is going to "bring me down" - to paraphrase: "for the lulz and because too many people worship me".

Genics, well known for his drunken posts, logs into PS2 and tells everyone "Dante has blown his account...woop".

At three thirty in the morning.

Unfortunately he has absolutely no evidence to back it up whatsoever and then later starts gibbering about arabian falling down some stairs in a drunken state. But that hardly matters because the rumour mill is going like the clappers.

Realising that the whole account blowup story isn't seeming to go anywhere and could get blown right out of the water if I decided to prove it, he then takes a different tack and accuses me of doing the opposite to whatever I say, with a screenshot of some PM he had with someone else (unnamed) despite my posts (although sometimes contradictory) being pretty black and white to anyone that cares to read them and piece them together.

Meanwhile, in comes RichLady urging everyone to be careful of what I say - he obviously has the interests of the masses at heart and wants to help everyone make money, despite having 6 posts to his name. All of them about me.

A few clueless morons join in wondering if I really have blown up and start asking why I've left my prop firm if I'm such a legend, despite me revealing the reasons why multiple times over in my other thread.

I'm disappointed megamuel that you've been so revealing.

Although it is somewhat amusing that the majority of my discreditors appear to be previous "well knowns" that got tired of the site (or banned) and decided to come back and try to wreck the reputation of someone that spends half their life on here trying to help people. But then I guess there was a reason that they got banned in the first place.

But I gotta say: whoever they are, they won! They won because I'm in here posting away while its 90 degrees outside and theres not a cloud in sight.

Ding Ding. It's a knockout!

Last edited:
Peter/wasp appologies, for the mix up, its all very confusing! T_D can you make the dollar go down for me? ;)

Arabiannights tells me via msn that he is going to "bring me down" - to paraphrase: "for the lulz and because too many people worship me".

I have absolutely nothing to do with this

ETA: Although the above conversation did happen, and this is rather lulzy...

Sorry dante, thought you were saying you had 612,000k from £80. Wait, was it 1million a few weeks ago? Oh no, forgot your talking about your buttocks.

God, he talks about sucker pins - but you lot are getting suckered into his bs.

this is all very true, the figures dante quotes on his account vary from person to person

LOL. Everywhere I look, another thread has popped up about me blowing up. Come on people, you're not still believing this retard are you?

I've never told anyone I've blown up by private message or otherwise. And no one was getting misleaded.

The people that matter to me know just how well I am doing and funnily enough, they don't seem to post around here that much anymore...wonder why that could be?

Genics is just a little p*ssed that I d*ck all over his trading record...and I can't really blame him but trying to convince everyone I've blown up is somewhat hilarious...

Keep it up though. It passes the time...

this is nothing to do with me vs you dante..i also blew up not that long ago..but i will admit it..and i dont misslead people for the sake of reputation.

1.5k to start a hedge fund, you having a giraffe? and whats 1.5k to someone worth a half mil ?

Last edited:
as for being "well known" for posting drunk...err what? i dont even really drink so check your facts.

anyway said night in question there was several of us enjoying a fabulous meal and champagne disusing whether we would out you or not. I would compare it to the likes of ben bernanke, geitner, jpmorgan etc sitting around discusing how they are gona trash the markets the second time round (you). No we cant prove it, but you wont prove you didnt.

Anyway all the info is their for people to see, go back threw PS and you will often see me or fire walker etc questioning why he is saying one thing then 3 pages later he has done exactly the opposite.

foredog just doesn't give a sh1t
ding ding, round two

Already said has Td blown his dough...i doubt it, are Sb co's taking everybody out of pin bars, i doubt it.

The above posts i made about Sb's were again just highlighting the paranoia on here that Ig index are out to get them....spreads do widen at times, this is what happens in the real world away from the cosy word of fixed 3pip spreads. Sometimes in FTSE stocks first thing the spread would be as wide as 50p and with our RSPs it would gove such a decent % improvement that we'd end up selling at below what would normally be the bid....no one moaning then, fact of life.#

This is why a lot have left this board, most on here want a guru to spoonfeed them trades all day and a few other newbies to argee that IG is out to get them becasue they lost money.

In all truth i think Td stopped his PS's thread because he was fed up with either getting bombarded with the same questions, blamed for a loss or taunted by people looking for a bit of fun. But was maybe a bit to polite to state these on here.

this is nothing to do with me vs you dante..i also blew up not that long ago..but i will admit it..and i dont misslead people for the sake of reputation.

I also blew up when I did the charity thread...and admitted it. But I haven't blown up my main account, nor will I.