See it now

"It is circumstance and proper timing that give an action its character and make it either good or bad."

~ Agesilaus II (444-360 BC)
King of Sparta, noted general
from Plutarch, Lives, Agesilaus, 36

Smh prep 06-04-06

SR
R3=3900
R2=3850
R1=3750
S1=3730
S2=3700
S3=3660

Economic news
BOE Announcement 7:00 ET
ECB Announcement 7:45 ET
Jobless Claims 8:30 ET
EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 ET

Unfolding action
Yesterday price managed to close above 3700.
It broke past my (10d15m) regular prepare chart1, so chart2(1yd) is added to the prep.

Scenarios for the foreseeable future:
1]more upside: target 3850/3900
2]sideways: round yesterdays close 3735
3]reversal into recent: range 3550-3650
4]other scenario's.................

Hindsight
chart3 =100% hindsight markup of 4 and 5 april entries.
In real time my intermarket filter has to confirm each entry.

Attachments

• untitled12.gif
    untitled12.gif
    51.2 KB · Views: 205
  • untitled13.GIF
    untitled13.GIF
    28.3 KB · Views: 167
  • hindsight.gif
    hindsight.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
prep 10-04-2006

SR
R3=3850
R2=3800
R1=3730
S1=3690
S2=3670
S3=3635

Economic news

Attachments

• untitled17.GIF
    untitled17.GIF
    49.4 KB · Views: 190
prep 11-04-2006

SR
R3=3790
R2=3730
R1=3700
S1=3640
S2=3620
S3=3560

Economic news
ICSC-UBS Store Sales 7:45 ET
Redbook 8:55 ET

Attachments

• naamloos7.GIF
    naamloos7.GIF
    49.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
prep 12-04-2006

SR
R3=3730
R2=3710
R1=3675
S1=3630
S2=3620

Economic news
MBA Purchase Applications 7:00 ET
International Trade 8:30 ET
EIA Petroleum Status Report 10:30 ET

Attachments

• naamloos11.GIF
    naamloos11.GIF
    50 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
prep 13-04-2006

SR
R3=3850
R2=3800
R1=3730
S1=3690
S2=3670
S3=3635

Economic news
Import and Export Prices 8:30 ET
Jobless Claims 8:30 ET
Retail Sales 8:30 ET
Consumer Sentiment (p) 9:45 ET
Business Inventories 10:00 ET
EIA Natural Gas Report 10:30 ET

Trading in the zone synopsis(MD)

The Five Fundamental Truths
1. Anything can happen.
2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
5. Every moment in the market is unique.

The Seven Principles of Consistency
1. I objectively identify my edges.
2. I predefine the risk of every trade.
3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.
4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.
5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.
6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.
7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success and, therefore, I never violate them.

Trading Errors
1. Not Predefining risk before entering a trade.
2. Not cutting your losses.
3. Letting a winning trade turn into a loser without taking any profits. Have an organized, systematic, money- management regimen for taking profits when the market goes in the direction of your trade.

The Three Stages of Trading
The mechanical stage

1. Build the self-trust necessary to operate in an unlimited environment.
2. Learn to flawlessly execute a trading system.
3. Train your mind to think in probabilities (the five fundamental truths).
4. Create a strong, unshakeable belief in your consistency as a trader.

The subjective stage
1. Use anything you have ever learned about the nature of the market movement to do whatever it is you want to do.
2. Learn how to monitor your susceptibility to make the kind of trading errors that are the result of any unresolved self-evaluation issues.

The intuitive stage
1. Work at setting up a state of mind most conductive to receiving and acting on your intuitive impulses.

superfly said:
The Five Fundamental Truths
1. Anything can happen.
2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
5. Every moment in the market is unique.

The Seven Principles of Consistency
1. I objectively identify my edges.
2. I predefine the risk of every trade.
3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.
4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.
5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.
6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.
7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success and, therefore, I never violate them.

Trading Errors
1. Not Predefining risk before entering a trade.
2. Not cutting your losses.
3. Letting a winning trade turn into a loser without taking any profits. Have an organized, systematic, money- management regimen for taking profits when the market goes in the direction of your trade.

The Three Stages of Trading
The mechanical stage

1. Build the self-trust necessary to operate in an unlimited environment.
2. Learn to flawlessly execute a trading system.
3. Train your mind to think in probabilities (the five fundamental truths).
4. Create a strong, unshakeable belief in your consistency as a trader.

The subjective stage
1. Use anything you have ever learned about the nature of the market movement to do whatever it is you want to do.
2. Learn how to monitor your susceptibility to make the kind of trading errors that are the result of any unresolved self-evaluation issues.

The intuitive stage
1. Work at setting up a state of mind most conductive to receiving and acting on your intuitive impulses.

Congratulations for that post.

Split

Consistent

Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about eventually will manifest in our lives. Unfortunately most of us are completely unaware of this fact and we do not monitor our thoughts with the care needed so that we can create in our lives the results we say we want. Since the great majority of people do not feel worthy and deserving of abundant good fortune, radiant good health and total success in all areas of their lives that overriding thought pattern controls the results people get. The first order of business of anyone who wants to enjoy success in all areas of his
her life is to take charge of the internal dialogue they have and only think, say and behavior in a manner consistent with the results they truly desire.
Sidney Madwed

Core strategy

Align recognition, execution and management
of (intra-day) adequate tight stop opportunity's
religiously to full potential

Last edited:
superfly said:
Our subconscious minds have no sense of humor, play no jokes and cannot tell the difference between reality and an imagined thought or image. What we continually think about eventually will manifest in our lives. Unfortunately most of us are completely unaware of this fact and we do not monitor our thoughts with the care needed so that we can create in our lives the results we say we want. Since the great majority of people do not feel worthy and deserving of abundant good fortune, radiant good health and total success in all areas of their lives that overriding thought pattern controls the results people get. The first order of business of anyone who wants to enjoy success in all areas of his
her life is to take charge of the internal dialogue they have and only think, say and behavior in a manner consistent with the results they truly desire.
Sidney Madwed

Easier said than done, because something is running through our thoughts all the time, unless we are braindead. Are you sure that our subconcious cannot tell the difference between reality and imagination? What we must avoid, because it is a waste of time, is Walter Mitty type thinking. Thinking should be positive and, if ambitious, must be with a specific and realistic target in mind. Once that ambitiion as been achieved one can go on to the next realisable goal.

Split

Splitlink said:
Are you sure that our subconcious cannot tell the difference between reality and imagination?Split

No

Splitlink said:
Thinking should be positive and, if ambitious, must be with a specific and realistic target in mind. Once that ambitiion as been achieved one can go on to the next realisable goal.
Split

Thank you

Has somebody been reading 'Think and Grow Rich'? I'm reading it at the moment, fantastic book, can easily see how most other self-help manuals are based on it!

-TPO.

thepoliteone said:
Has somebody been reading 'Think and Grow Rich'? I'm reading it at the moment, fantastic book, can easily see how most other self-help manuals are based on it!

-TPO.
Not yet. Looked it up at amazon. Has good reviews. If you have a strong idea from the book that
you would like to share. Be my guest :D

Im rereading trading in the zone chapter 11 this weekend. Preparing to do the exercise he describes in this chapter with my own approach.

"You have to want consistency so much that you would be willing to give up all other reasons, motivations, or agendas you have for trading that are not consistent with the process of integrating the beliefs that create consistency"

Consistency here I come

SR
R3=3790
R2=3735
R1=3700
S1=3650
S2=3640
S3=3620

Economic news
NY Empire State Index 8:30 ET
Treasury International Capital 9:00 ET

Attachments

• untitled14.GIF
    untitled14.GIF
    48.8 KB · Views: 241
  • untitled18.GIF
    untitled18.GIF
    53.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Control=Consistency

The secret of all success is to know how to deny yourself. Prove that you can control yourself, and you are an educated man; and without this all other education is good for nothing.
R. D. Hitchcock

Control=consitency

The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)

succes

risk-tolerance adapting to the quality of unfolding opportunity

Last edited:
A-line = flattering style of skirt, assuming you have the shape for it
Align = to adjust (parts of a mechanism, for example) to produce a proper relationship or orientation

Wretched pedant I am ... I do apologise. :D

Great thread, keep on clonin' :)