How To Make Gains From Options

lion you completely clueless wonder..ever heard of hedged postions? i cannot believe (well i can) you have chosen to stick your fingers in your ears and not understand a word thats been written on T-R-A-D-I-N-G OPTIONS as opposed to punting...........

Pitscum,

Everyone knows that you are a very astute trader and very rarely put a foot wrong, who am I to engage you in a slanging match or anything of the sort? How could I possibly question your knowledge of the options market when you have forgotten more than I could possibly learn.

It goes without saying that the members benefit fully from your wonderful and enlightening posts. They provide much better value than most of the mediocre courses that are run out there and they are free of charge. Keep up the good work and do not change.

Could you kindly spare some time for this "clueless wonder" and tell me what categories you would put these strategies in -
1 Short or long put/call
2 Short or long put/call straddles
3 Short or long strangles
How many of these would you classify as punts and why?

Hey, I’ve got time for clueless wonders, so here’s my 1st and last post on this rather pathetic playground thread…

1) Short Put - Directionally bullish & IV bearish – almost unlimited risk
1) Short Call – Directionally bearish & IV bearish – unlimited risk
1) Long Put – Directionally bearish & IV bullish – limited risk
1) Long Call – Directionally bullish & IV bullish – limited risk
2) Short straddles - Directionally neutral & IV bearish – unlimited risk
2) Long straddles - Directionally neutral & IV bullish – limited risk
3) as in 2) above but different probabilities

“How many of these would you classify as punts and why?”

All of them, because each single position above is pure speculation.

How would you classify them, and why ?

Profitaker,

My post was addressed to Pitscum the Master Trader and not you. Why are you posting on this "pathetic playground thread" and why are you reading the posts? Surely you have better and more important things to do.

You allude to the fact that these option positions are punts but no option book or seminar ever classifies them as such. Why the difference of opinion? Would you have us believe that you are the sole successful purveyor of this art? Or could it be that you do not know half as much as you claim and that insults are a way of deflecting the truth - lack of trading knowledge?

If you are so adamant that these are punts, kindly tell us which strategies are not in your opinion/experience. Very few people on these boards have ever laid claim to being Experts or the cream of the crop, yet you and Pitscum are trying to run roughshod over others by overstating your ability and denigrating others. For the benefit of "clueless wonders", I respectfully submit that you lead us to the light. It is time to show some real meat on the bones, we need to see how the pros do it.

The cranks are gone/banned and the "clueless wonders" have their tails between their legs, in effect, we are left with the Masterminds of Profitaker and Pitscum to guide us. Gentlemen, show us how to be as proficient, profitable and professional as you are.

Perhaps we'll get some more participation in the options forum now.

Nothing worse that butting heads... I mean its amusing, brieflly, but quickly becomes tedious.

Looking forward to some good discussion now.