How to sell one's system

LevII

Established member
Has anyone noticed the following process common on this site:-

1. One or 2 new or fairly new members ask the innocent sounding question "anybody know about / use the XXXXX system?

2. A lengthy, generally positive, discussion follows the result of which is, no doubt, significant sales.

3. The thread concludes and its originators / promotors are never heard from again.

Anyone intersted have a look at the following examples:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=9176
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=1250
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=14215

LII

Last edited:
That's beezness, or can't you tell the difference between beezness and commerce ?

Obvious innit ?

LevII

mmm, and you want to see all those we've tabbed and deleted :rolleyes: . When you spot an iffy one just hit the reported post button and we'll give it the once over.

jon

Indeed, I can confirm that the residents of the deleted threads folder number considerably more than three. Sometimes it is easy to distinguish between members discussing a commercial system and members with agenda pretending to do so, but not always. A low tolerance attitude to this problem carries the risk of injuring innocent parties, so we try to eradicate the obvious while preserving a spirit of innocent until proven guilty.

I've no idea why I was reminded of this:

"There are only 10 kinds of people.
Those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

frugi,

Do you really live in Bequia or is it just wishful thinking?

Thinking of moving there myself.

Wishful thinking. :) Pretty island though, no mistake, if a little small (could become claustrophobic if you don't like a village atmosphere, I imagine).

frugi said:
Indeed, I can confirm that the residents of the deleted threads folder number considerably more than three. Sometimes it is easy to distinguish between members discussing a commercial system and members with agenda pretending to do so, but not always. A low tolerance attitude to this problem carries the risk of injuring innocent parties, so we try to eradicate the obvious while preserving a spirit of innocent until proven guilty.

I've no idea why I was reminded of this:

"There are only 10 kinds of people.
Those who understand binary and those who don't." :)
Actually Frugi, in the end analysis does it really matter ?
Because after all all these people who peddle all these ideas bring liquidity to the market, and it does not matter if they work or not, what does matter is the provision of fresh cannon fodder on a rolling basis. More cannon fodder please.

From the perspective of a trader I could not agree more, Soc.
From that of one trying to ensure the future & nurture the growth of this website, with particular regard toward the financial considerations thus entailed, I do not; therein lies a further (nested) dilemma, if you like.

Ah ! I have just thought of something else to impart to you, Frugi.
You must not worry unduly.
This is because it is not the system that matters, it is the method that matters.
To put a finer point on it, it is the execution of a successful method applied to an efficient system that is able to yield consistent results, and thus the development of an edge.
I am letting you know that there is no way that I am willing to share my method, reveal my edge or supply any of my software on a commercial basis.
So, as far as I am concerned you need not have the slightest cause for worry in this regard at all.Of course my fondness for firing off cannonballs at rude and disrespectful people is a different matter altogether.<G>.