Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Try contacting Agora (Shortcut Publications) customer services [email protected] - they seem to be able to bend the 'offer finished' rule! Perhaps the easy £247 sale is too much to turn away :D

i've sent an email to them. hopefully they still have it. thanks alot. do richard hill have a website or something for his forex net trap?

i've sent an email to them. hopefully they still have it. thanks alot. do richard hill have a website or something for his forex net trap?

Not a website as such , but if you're successful in purchasing a copy (and I believe they are still selling it ) you will be put onto RH's mailing list and receive weekly updates ,
previous weeks results (according to RH) and access to some instructional videos . If
you require further instruction you can e mail RH and ask your questions or just trawl
this thread , there's not much that hasn't been covered here.

ON 'ROUNDING'

Following an earlier comment about interpreting figures using our mentor's description, I wonder which way you all 'round' figures.

I was always taught that a figure of say 10.5 was rounded down to 10.0 . And a figure of 10.6 was rounded to 11.0.

I think some of my learned friends here are only rounding up, and all the way from a 0.1, and thus making the picture appear a little sweeter than it actually is.

'Rounding' - to me anyway - has always meant a balanced adjustment up or down, and not in one direction only.

Congrats by the way to those who did well later. I should have stayed around but decided to go back to bed and then look at other markets after the morning rush/spikes.

mish

for me rounding is and if i'm wrong my maths degree really isn't worth much

0,1,2,3,4 = round down
5,6,7,8,9 = round up

actually my maths degree isn't worth much as I was more intent on partying than studying but that's how I round.

evening to all i was going to purchase this system but new to the trading game, in a nutshell is this system working and providing you with profits?? long term of course, is it as easy to use for a total novice? thanks to all who can give me an insight into this

evening to all i was going to purchase this system but new to the trading game, in a nutshell is this system working and providing you with profits?? long term of course, is it as easy to use for a total novice? thanks to all who can give me an insight into this

I hadn't once looked at Forex trading or spread betting before buying the system. The manual is easy to follow and after a few trades you get used to how it works. There's always good backup provided by this forum too.

You asked the same question on May 31 - sorry can't be arsed!

:mad:

If you want to learn more about PSAR - this guy spent nearly two years picking over the bones of it - it is a long thread , but it may be worth the time to read it and take notes, especially as the thread starter added these comments to his very first post.

here is the link to his thread about Parabolic SAR

:cool:

Intersting thread. Read the first 5 pages then the last 5. The conclusion was......holy crap found the holy grail, making more money than ever this is amazing ...................to ignore what I said this last 18 months, trading P SAR is nuts nobody can get it to work, dozens have tried and weve all lost loads of money!!

:LOL::LOL:

TNT it still is then (y)

But I do like the P SAR dots on the 15 min cable chart. Very interesting. And like I said maybe with some monitoring it might give a clearer clue as the where the trade might go when NT MA is under 2. It certainly worked today and would have kept you out, or tickled you to trade against NT.

M

Those of you who use Camarilla indicators might like this. I've adapted it from some code
Note here I used the 1.1 formula, I have seen other versions on the web, I have no idea which is correct

Cut and paste into a new indicator then add it to your chart(s)

Note As IG opens on a Sunday etc I changed the code so that Sunday and Monday will use Fridays closing etc whereas Tues will use Mon as usual

Without warranty, maintenance or any other commitment, but let me know if it doesnt work
X--------X

REM Camarilla Pivot Points

if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(3) )
L = ( DLOW(3) )
C = ( DCLOSE (3) )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( DCLOSE (1) )
endif

PP = C

R1 = ((H-L) * 1.1)/12+C
RR2 = ((H-L)*1.1)/6+C // Note: RR2 is used instead of R2 since R2 is the symbol for "R squared" in probuilder language.
R3 = ((H-L)*1.1)/4+C
R4 = ((H-L)*1.1)/2+C

S1 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/12
S2 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/6
S3 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/4
S4 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/2

RETURN PP COLOURED(0,0,0) AS "CAMA PP" ,R1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA R1" ,RR2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA R2" ,R3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA R3" ,R4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA R4" ,S1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA S1" ,S2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA S2" ,S3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA S3" ,S4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA S4"

Intersting thread. Read the first 5 pages then the last 5. The conclusion was......holy crap found the holy grail, making more money than ever this is amazing ...................to ignore what I said this last 18 months, trading P SAR is nuts nobody can get it to work, dozens have tried and weve all lost loads of money!!

:LOL::LOL:

TNT it still is then (y)

But I do like the P SAR dots on the 15 min cable chart. Very interesting. And like I said maybe with some monitoring it might give a clearer clue as the where the trade might go when NT MA is under 2. It certainly worked today and would have kept you out, or tickled you to trade against NT.
M

Having used this for a while I'd venture that the best use of this is for stop loss. There are some who use it in conjunction with MACD etc (when they cross etc) and use PSAR to place stop losses but wouldnt recommend it as a trade trigger..

However If anyone has a good technique fir it then I'm happy to listen :smart:

Having used this for a while I'd venture that the best use of this is for stop loss. There are some who use it in conjunction with MACD etc (when they cross etc) and use PSAR to place stop losses but wouldnt recommend it as a trade trigger..

However If anyone has a good technique fir it then I'm happy to listen :smart:

So how do you use this as a stop loss and on what timeframe do you have the chart set, 15mins? And where do you set the stop loss, previous candle low on a buy trade and previous candle high on a sell trade? Until you get stopped out for whatever profit?

Curious.

M

So how do you use this as a stop loss and on what timeframe do you have the chart set, 15mins? And where do you set the stop loss, previous candle low on a buy trade and previous candle high on a sell trade? Until you get stopped out for whatever profit?

Curious.

M

Well here's where it gets into the +D part, IF I use this method, and I havent lately

On the dot itself - if it reverses and I decide to enter then I will look at the distance between price and the dot and use that OR a 'maximum' if that distance is too great (i.e if I'm looking at daily charts then the dot can be +100 pips plus.. that may be too much if it means my per pip mm% is so low that the overall money amount I'll win per pip is poop.. (apologies for those that still do but I'm not getting out of bed for less than 10.00, even if it is the afternoon where I am :D)

Timeframe then it works on all, but I use it on the shorter t/f - 15 mins , yes - again mainly cos the stop distance isnt massive and my TP are relatively small, some want the 200pips plus trade, I take the +10/20 etc 4 or 5 times per day. as someone said it easier psychologically to win often even if you leave pips on the table

As for getting out then I dont really use this to exit because you can miss out on lots of pips when it goes up/down and retraces.. look at a few charts and you'll see how the price usually arcs away and then comes back to meet the 'dot'

Also I guess I should mention some use it to enter, ie as soon as you get a dot in the other direction then enter, others wait for say the 4th or 5th dot (this is usually a better confirmation of reversal and also where the dots should start to increase in distance if the trend has legs etc, I tend to use it as extra confirmation that something is happening though..

As I mentioned, I havent used this for a while and the above could be a big load of poo, so (as always) I'd say play with it and see what works for you.. In the end for me, I got rid of most indicators

sorry just seeing if its providing profits thats all

No were all bored millionaires here who care little about losing £30, £60, £90, £300 a day. As long as we have the occasional win to make us feel good long term losing streaks are not a concern.

Read all July posts, you will find profit update post somewhere from the inventors results I did for June 2009 to June 2010.

It lost 80 pips last month, it has made 200 pips so far this month. If you want a system that gaurentees regular positive wins each week purely mechanincal please come back and post when you find it, we are doing our best to get as close to it as possible, but so far it dont exist.

M

Thought for the day:

For me it was a definite NO trade today (visual MA alone). It can be frustrating getting up at silly o'clock and not seeing your pip counter spin. Perhaps this is when it is tempting to play and tweak the system and introduce more and more complex add-ons to NT in desperation to get the pip counter spinning!

If it ain't broke (yet) then don't try fix it! Good trading mentality/psychology is to accept the No trade days and don't try and force the system. Don't be in a rush to make (or lose) your pips all in one session, week, month or year! The Market ain't going anywhere and tomorrow's another day!

Good day Ladies, Sirs & Lurkers,
Mike

Those of you who use Camarilla indicators might like this. I've adapted it from some code
Note here I used the 1.1 formula, I have seen other versions on the web, I have no idea which is correct

Cut and paste into a new indicator then add it to your chart(s)

Note As IG opens on a Sunday etc I changed the code so that Sunday and Monday will use Fridays closing etc whereas Tues will use Mon as usual

Without warranty, maintenance or any other commitment, but let me know if it doesnt work
X--------X

REM Camarilla Pivot Points

if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(3) )
L = ( DLOW(3) )
C = ( DCLOSE (3) )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( DCLOSE (1) )
endif

PP = C

R1 = ((H-L) * 1.1)/12+C
RR2 = ((H-L)*1.1)/6+C // Note: RR2 is used instead of R2 since R2 is the symbol for "R squared" in probuilder language.
R3 = ((H-L)*1.1)/4+C
R4 = ((H-L)*1.1)/2+C

S1 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/12
S2 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/6
S3 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/4
S4 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/2

RETURN PP COLOURED(0,0,0) AS "CAMA PP" ,R1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA R1" ,RR2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA R2" ,R3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA R3" ,R4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA R4" ,S1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA S1" ,S2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA S2" ,S3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA S3" ,S4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA S4"

Hmm had a look and can't see and "add new indicator" tab in settings. I assume then you can only do this in advanced charts which you have to pay for?

M

Hmm had a look and can't see and "add new indicator" tab in settings. I assume then you can only do this in advanced charts which you have to pay for?

M

You can use them. On IG, go to your account, then settings, and click the option to allow advanced charts. The charge is actually £30 per month, but if you do 2 transactions they refund this - I assume its 2 transactions per month anyway..I hope so.:-0

Edit, just had a play, cannot see the' add new indicator option', just the ones that are there ready.

Edit again Ah. sussed it, on the help option, download the pdf of the manual, and look at page 67.
You click on the top right of the chart, a button called Indicator/Backtest, click new indicator, than copy/paste the code into the window on the left of the screen, give it a name Camarilla, and then run the test - it does display the lines in a window below the main price screen, dunno if it can be displayed over the main price candle sticks. Seems to work, the values I just tested against the web based calculator seem to tally.

Last edited:
You can use them. On IG, go to your account, then settings, and click the option to allow advanced charts. The charge is actually £30 per month, but if you do 2 transactions they refund this - I assume its 2 transactions per month anyway..I hope so.:-0

Edit, just had a play, cannot see the' add new indicator option', just the ones that are there ready.

You may find it helpful to set things up using the charts on an MT4 platform (such as Alpari Uk). Demo accounts are free.

Good day Sir,
Mike