Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I was using ETX and had the same, order filled @ 15030 , not just IG today.

M

Not that it means much , but I was told that ETX was set up by a bunch of former IG folks
so similarities in their practices and probably their data source are to be expected. The high of the same candle from Alpari was 1.50286.

Last edited:
Yeah my charts were on MID lol so looked like I was cheated but you're right Mark, the market went .6 above 15030, how unlucky was that!

Funny though that the day it isn't in our favour, the order gets filled with NO slippage!!

When I told IG that I was just .6 of a pt between success and failure today, they just laughed at me. They actually laughed.

Of course they laughed. I'm cracking myself up now reading this thread...:LOL:

would like to ask, will this system be used to trade longer timeframe? or short timeframe?

It has a defined window... and I'd love to tell you what that is but... you need to buy the book like the rest (?) of us :LOL:

Or just read the whole thread at least (y)

It has a defined window... and I'd love to tell you what that is but... you need to buy the book like the rest (?) of us :LOL:

Or just read the whole thread at least (y)

alright! i'm on my way through the thread. will buy it after i finish reading this thread.

Hi, should PP be (H+C+L)/3 ?, and not just C?

Hi Peter,

if you want to use the above then just cut and paste the following
if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( (DHIGH(2)+DCLOSE(2)+DLOW(2))/3 )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(3) )
L = ( DLOW(3) )
C = ( (DHIGH(3)+DCLOSE(3)+DLOW(3))/3 )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( (DHIGH(1)+DCLOSE(1)+DLOW(1))/3 )
endif

instead of whats there now.

cheers

GBPUSD right off previous highs of last week, almost to the pip. Will take a strong move to remove it imo.

Very interesting day ahead of us.

Going to be intruiging to see what you NT guys make of this :cheesy:

I got in @ 1.5220 with SL20 x1.5 size, although it may be a good case when you need to wait for it to retrace to the MA and buy there. It may never do though.

well at the moment the MA is just about 1.5200 so why not.

ETX sysyem is seriously narking me now. INT no problem but NT I am used to setting up the ticket 5 ins before with IG and then adjust the entry price if needed and then place @ 6.30.

But i panic with ETX because it seems to never let me select the price I want, only a few pips higher like forced slippage. Then I worry that if I don't place it ready it wont drop again to give me what I want.

Anyway placed 221 @ 6.25 and went to adust to 225 @ 6.30 but the order had already been taken to market!

So in @ 221 already, bang goes the safety stop :(, and 220 with INT.

M

If the "vampires" where so brave to test 1.5240 twice should be tested and most likely taken soon.

ETX sysyem is seriously narking me now. INT no problem but NT I am used to setting up the ticket 5 ins before with IG and then adjust the entry price if needed and then place @ 6.30.

But i panic with ETX because it seems to never let me select the price I want, only a few pips higher like forced slippage. Then I worry that if I don't place it ready it wont drop again to give me what I want.

Anyway placed 221 @ 6.25 and went to adust to 225 @ 6.30 but the order had already been taken to market!

So in @ 221 already, bang goes the safety stop :(, and 220 with INT.

M

Hmmm on reflection edited INT target to 241 from 245 incase it does not break 242. Only 4 pips less. It it breaks 242 well might bang in another crafty MINT to regain the lost INT 4 pips and bank another 6 on top!

M

Despite nudging and meandering around the order entry price IG still managed to slip my entry by 0.6!