Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Those of you who use Camarilla indicators might like this. I've adapted it from some code
Note here I used the 1.1 formula, I have seen other versions on the web, I have no idea which is correct

Cut and paste into a new indicator then add it to your chart(s)

Note As IG opens on a Sunday etc I changed the code so that Sunday and Monday will use Fridays closing etc whereas Tues will use Mon as usual

Without warranty, maintenance or any other commitment, but let me know if it doesnt work
X--------X

REM Camarilla Pivot Points

if dayofweek=0 then
H = ( DHIGH(2) )
L = ( DLOW(2) )
C = ( DCLOSE (2) )
endif
if dayofweek=1 then
H = ( DHIGH(3) )
L = ( DLOW(3) )
C = ( DCLOSE (3) )
endif
if dayofweek>1 then
H = ( DHIGH(1) )
L = ( DLOW(1) )
C = ( DCLOSE (1) )
endif

PP = C

R1 = ((H-L) * 1.1)/12+C
RR2 = ((H-L)*1.1)/6+C // Note: RR2 is used instead of R2 since R2 is the symbol for "R squared" in probuilder language.
R3 = ((H-L)*1.1)/4+C
R4 = ((H-L)*1.1)/2+C

S1 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/12
S2 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/6
S3 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/4
S4 = C-((H-L)*1.1)/2

RETURN PP COLOURED(0,0,0) AS "CAMA PP" ,R1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA R1" ,RR2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA R2" ,R3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA R3" ,R4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA R4" ,S1 COLOURED(155,155,155) AS "CAMA S1" ,S2 COLOURED(0,0,255) AS "CAMA S2" ,S3 COLOURED(0,180,0) AS "CAMA S3" ,S4 COLOURED(255,0,0) AS "CAMA S4"

Hi, should PP be (H+C+L)/3 ?, and not just C?

chart.JPG

Sussed it. Cam levels overlay price and XXMA line. The XXMA line I have set to show up thickly, and colour black for an UP move from previous, and red for a down move from previous.:smart: Girly pink background, restful on the eyes in the early morning.:eek:

You can use them. On IG, go to your account, then settings, and click the option to allow advanced charts. The charge is actually £30 per month, but if you do 2 transactions they refund this - I assume its 2 transactions per month anyway..I hope so.:-0

Edit, just had a play, cannot see the' add new indicator option', just the ones that are there ready.

Edit again Ah. sussed it, on the help option, download the pdf of the manual, and look at page 67.
You click on the top right of the chart, a button called Indicator/Backtest, click new indicator, than copy/paste the code into the window on the left of the screen, give it a name Camarilla, and then run the test - it does display the lines in a window below the main price screen, dunno if it can be displayed over the main price candle sticks. Seems to work, the values I just tested against the web based calculator seem to tally.

you can add it to the main price candlesticks. just click the little spanner icon in the top left of the main chart window.. scroll down, select, click add etc

you can add it to the main price candlesticks. just click the little spanner icon in the top left of the main chart window.. scroll down, select, click add etc

All these buttons and spanner icons top left and top right must be on advanced charts only becasue the aint on my standard chart.

M

Thanks for the posts about CAM levels guys, good stuff.

NT, MNT, HNT, MINT and INT all took a loss today, painful!

Thankfully my Monsanto shares on IG offset some of that loss today, so wasn't such a bad day for me after all.

Off topic I know, but Goldman Sachs looks like it might breakout very soon, could be worth a look if you're interested in shares.

Some of the big US stocks are seriously liquid, Google regularly moves over 1000 points a day! Gotta get me some of that!

Anyway, please excuse my brief change of topic *cough*, back to NT and CAM now....

for me rounding is and if i'm wrong my maths degree really isn't worth much

0,1,2,3,4 = round down
5,6,7,8,9 = round up

actually my maths degree isn't worth much as I was more intent on partying than studying but that's how I round.

Thanks RT.
Of course us missionaries don't have maths degrees, and anyway, knowledge of rounding doesn't go far when counting the local currency of coconuts. Not much trade for half, or even 0.4 of a coconut you see.

I have since entertained myself on google and found a divergence of opinion. It appears that if one counts '0' as one of the range of digits then, as in your example it makes '5' over halfway. But on the other hand if one starts the count with a '1' then '5' is rounded down. This theory seems to vary according to whether the instructional website originates in Australia or the USA.

Coming from a strong Scots family with the genetic propensity to always feel robbed, I think in future I would always go for bagging the extra digit when confronted with an indecisive '5'.

I now feel better equipped when calculating my pips at 6.15 a.m. and shall count a '5' as part of a series that starts with '0' therefore it shoud be rounded up. And my ancestry will be proud of me.

Well, its now back to the jungle.........

mish

Thought for the day:

For me it was a definite NO trade today (visual MA alone). It can be frustrating getting up at silly o'clock and not seeing your pip counter spin. Perhaps this is when it is tempting to play and tweak the system and introduce more and more complex add-ons to NT in desperation to get the pip counter spinning!

If it ain't broke (yet) then don't try fix it! Good trading mentality/psychology is to accept the No trade days and don't try and force the system. Don't be in a rush to make (or lose) your pips all in one session, week, month or year! The Market ain't going anywhere and tomorrow's another day!

Good day Ladies, Sirs & Lurkers,
Mike

VERY WELL SAID SIR!

I use a strategy similar in nature to the NT. It's an 'early bird' strategy based around an MA. I'm up at 6am every morning and having had a no trade day on Monday was very very tempted to just go in today despite my system saying it's a no trade day again.

Had I gone in and traded I would have netted +30 pips but I didn't. I was slightly kicking myself this afternoon when I checked, but your post has hit home the truth. It could have so easily been the otherway and I could have lost 30, just pure luck today that's all.

As you said, discipline in this game is KEY. Following rigidly a strategy and not becoming attached to the market or the money is the way to make it. Another no trade day today... so what, coulda been worse, least I live to fight another day. :cheesy:

:) errrr yes if you want it to be :)

I used the equation that I found on the web, but if you want to use a different PP then just change the formula for PP

Just that on the Cam website I use, your formulas for S's and R's match up , but PP is given as H+L+C/3 (mataf). On yesterday's data, there wasn't much difference, as it happens.

Thanks for the posts about CAM levels guys, good stuff.

NT, MNT, HNT, MINT and INT all took a loss today, painful!

Thankfully my Monsanto shares on IG offset some of that loss today, so wasn't such a bad day for me after all.

Off topic I know, but Goldman Sachs looks like it might breakout very soon, could be worth a look if you're interested in shares.

Some of the big US stocks are seriously liquid, Google regularly moves over 1000 points a day! Gotta get me some of that!

Anyway, please excuse my brief change of topic *cough*, back to NT and CAM now....

I don't think NT made a loss today - even if you took what most thought was a weak buy, your entry at 15030 would not have triggered. Only the INT variants of NT would have lost.

I don't think NT made a loss today - even if you took what most thought was a weak buy, your entry at 15030 would not have triggered. Only the INT variants of NT would have lost.

Yes it did. I traded NT on ETX and the trade triggered and went to a loss. Buy orders are triggered off the ask price, not the bid price, was the same for Rugby Trader who was using IG I think.

M

Peter you're right! I didn't actually notice that, I did actually place an order today, but it was triggered at 15030 at around 6:30!

Gonna phone IG and complain RIGHT NOW!

As far as I'm concerned they owe me over £100! :mad:

Will let you know how it goes...

Peter you're right! I didn't actually notice that, I did actually place an order today, but it was triggered at 15030 at around 6:30!

Tell them to give me my £120 back too even though I used ETX. And also tell them that it's a disgrace the "ASK" price reached 15030.6 and took us all to doom.

Insist they take the RH approach and let us chose after the fact whether we wanted the bid or ask price to trigger the trade. *******o's.

M

Tell them to give me my £120 back too even though I used ETX. And also tell them that it's a disgrace the "ASK" price reached 15030.6 and took us all to doom.

Insist they take the RH approach and let us chose after the fact whether we wanted the bid or ask price to trigger the trade. *******o's.

M

Yeah my charts were on MID lol so looked like I was cheated but you're right Mark, the market went .6 above 15030, how unlucky was that!

Funny though that the day it isn't in our favour, the order gets filled with NO slippage!!

When I told IG that I was just .6 of a pt between success and failure today, they just laughed at me. They actually laughed.

The ask price chart (IG) shows the high of the 06.30 candle at 15030.6, those of you that did trade NT on IG would have been correctly triggered, assuming you ordered
at 15030. (odd how this slippage thing only seems to work one way, bid price was 15027.6)

Last edited:
The ask price chart (IG) shows the high of the 06.30 candle at 15030.6, those of you that did trade NT on IG would have been correctly triggered, assuming you ordered
at 15030. (odd how this slippage thing only seems to work one way, bid price was 15027.6)

I was using ETX and had the same, order filled @ 15030 , not just IG today.

M

errrrr:eek: sorry GF, 15030.6 on ask price, just enough to trigger you as Mark pointed out.

*runs away*

On slippage, if it had have happened today say by 1 pip, would it not have been at 15029, with the system trying to fill at 30, but market moving down? ie Would have still triggered you anyway?