Question about Forex Trading Journals

Hi C_V

I actually agree with your comment - and I have found it frustrating in the past when I would like to post a comment on another journal and of course I am not on their list to be able to comment

With regards to my own original thread - all T2W members had approx 22 months to comment and try and destroy my theories and FX trading method. My main weakness was not disclosing or posting my own live trading results and instead requested other followers of the method who were learning the method to post their results. Major Magnum a follower and student of the method for over 2 years started posting live account results from a $1k account many times ( actually 44 times in total ) but of course many said they were faked and paint shopped which again was untrue.

I had mentioned to him that averaging between 15 and 25% ROR on capital - per day was not really sustainable - even only using 2% stake size - and that some days he might struggle to make even 8 or 10%. All of these results did not involve compounding and of course again that would confuse so many other T2W members.

Since then at least 4 other followers have posted their live account results - all on small capital accounts. I have advised Major M and other followers to not post their accounts once they are trading on larger size ( ie 1 lot + ) and with a larger capital base

I really do miss my old thread - I enjoyed the banter and even the off subject topics - but at least now with the trading journal - followers can relax and not feel under pressure of other members saying this F guy is a nutter - and "running a cult" and that you are all silly to try replicate what he is doing.

I would welcome every month any member who wants to comment on my journal - either seriously or just to have a dig or a diss to have a temporary pass for say 1 week only - and in return either myself or a follower or student of the method could try and answer their comments etc

Regards

F

F,
I would disagree with you on the issue of statements.

You choose not to post any, which is fine by me but you then trumpet others selectively posting theirs. I would be of the view that if someone is coming in periodically to post a statement, I am naturally inclined to think this must be the first decent day since we saw the last statement. So did they do their dough multiple times in the interim, which would be logical with the leverage on offer.
The account size matters less to me but I say if you post them then you need to keep doing it or better not post any.

I can show some great trades in the last month even a few 200 and even 300 pip trades and for good lot size. If I did it to get attention or show off then when I don't do it maybe I have been losing. I for one don't care about how much a guy in a forum I never met has made or lost. I care about if they contribute to what I am doing and or are making good sensible posts about the markets. The rest is just results orientated rather than the whole process.

F,

You choose not to post any, which is fine by me but you then trumpet others selectively posting theirs. I would be of the view that if someone is coming in periodically to post a statement, I am naturally inclined to think this must be the first decent day since we saw the last statement. So did they do their dough multiple times in the interim, which would be logical with the leverage on offer.
The account size matters less to me but I say if you post them then you need to keep doing it or better not post any.

I can show some great trades in the last month even a few 200 and even 300 pip trades and for good lot size. If I did it to get attention or show off then when I don't do it maybe I have been losing. I for one don't care about how much a guy in a forum I never met has made or lost. I care about if they contribute to what I am doing and or are making good sensible posts about the markets. The rest is just results orientated rather than the whole process.

So, herein lies the problem.

If F is the cult leader, then what is the point in him waffling on about disciples and their statements when he himself offers up no proofs whatsoever. No entry levels. No exit levels. Certainly no statements to prove that any trading ever took place.
He just expects everyone to believe his claims.
Can anyone see a problem here? :LOL:

Why is it wrong for a group of like minded people to share some comments, dialogues and ideas without people coming to tell them how wrong they are? They are not selling anything and affecting anyone else why does it trouble you so much?

It is good to see that admin have a different view on the subject which probably means it is not as wrong as you think.

I agree with you. I like the restrictions of the journal threads. As I said before it irritates me that no matter where you create a post people always feel the need to spam it. That is why I am asking the question here and not on the journal.

You are obviously free to post whenever you want amongst your friends. People will always be free to ask questions about your threads even if they can't do it on your journal. In this way, your thread will not be cluttered with ad hominem attacks.

I agree with you. I like the restrictions of the journal threads. As I said before it irritates me that no matter where you create a post people always feel the need to spam it. That is why I am asking the question here and not on the journal.

CV obviously felt the need to spam my thread here concerning Fomo's cult.

I'm not spamming anything.

I'm exercising my right to reply. A permission that is not afforded to me or any other member on a "restricted permissions journal thread"

H i don't suppose you can tell me what this chart is about please

Attachments

• WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 158

If F is the cult leader, then what is the point in him waffling on about disciples and their statements when he himself offers up no proofs whatsoever. No entry levels. No exit levels. Certainly no statements to prove that any trading ever took place.

I do see a problem and that is exactly why I started this thread. CV has a A point about the lack of evidence as I had said earlier.

Any evidence would be better than no evidence. Fomo has said that he doesn't want to release confidential information. Other people have said this is well. It is a copout statement. I have never seen anyone ask for some proof that is too difficult to give.

As I said on my first post in this thread. I have not seen the entry price the entry time or the lot size.

People go on about how easy things are to hack. Well, go on then, hack! Prove it. I will show what I am hoping to see.

You obviously do not know me. I have done my own work on F's methods and have maybe 3000 trades with his method the biggest influence.

So if someone doesn't agree with your ridiculing F and describing people who do not share your narrow minded views and join in with you then they are disciples?

You have offered no proof or statements showing how I have not enjoyed and got a lot of useful information from F's threads but you persist with the childish feud that you get out at any opportunity.

This is why journals or other threads should have a privacy option as you are one of the biggest adverts for maintaining it. Now I wonder why admin keep ignoring your obviously well thought out and logical arguments as to why F, lets just call it that and not pretend you have such a fascination with many other journals.

I suggest you move on an accept opinions other than your own may be valid after all.

Funny for a guy advocating openness I can't even respond in the way I would like to as I am sure you would invoke some of your demonstrably impartiality and don your mods hat when you didn't like it, as has happened to me already.

Last edited:
F,

Hi Nick

I do understand you point of view and many others have mentioned to Major Magnum that he had just "cherry picked" really good days and not posted say one month or 20 consecutive daily statements etc and this of course is true and I think maybe the most he posted consecutively would only be one week.

Of course, even one month or quarter is not enough in the big picture as Tar mentioned many times he would need to see at least 2 years of full results etc- especially with the consistency we enjoy - I have had approx only about 60 days out of the last 400+ trading days when I have not achieved my daily target - but as you say - thats of no concern to you or any other trader - its only really your own results from the method that you are bothered about.

Its the process which is the most important part and as far as I am concerned my squiggly lines just give me another edge along with the time of the session and where price is just prior to when I trade

Good Trading

Regards

F

I'm not spamming anything.

I'm exercising my right to reply. A permission that is not afforded to me or any other member on a "restricted permissions journal thread"

Not a right to reply, why do you need a right to reply on a thread where you are not welcome? it is just a bone or err for one member that gets you all excited.

That certainly is a colorful chart you have there. You basically just annotated a very busy chart with the words "buy" and "sell". Your buy and sell markers don't have any prices next to them.

CV said it well.

counter_violent said:
no proofs whatsoever. No entry levels. No exit levels. Certainly no statements to prove that any trading ever took place.

Hi malaguti

It's not one of mine - but its easy to follow

The key with those squiggly lines based on a correlator method is their relationship to each other - ie which currency line is above the other one - that means at that period of time - price should be rising with that currency .

Personally - I dont like any MT4 or 5 platform set up for many reasons - but that's just me - I need a lot more accuracy

Regards

F

Hi Nick

I do understand you point of view and many others have mentioned to Major Magnum that he had just "cherry picked" really good days and not posted say one month or 20 consecutive daily statements etc and this of course is true and I think maybe the most he posted consecutively would only be one week.

Of course, even one month or quarter is not enough in the big picture as Tar mentioned many times he would need to see at least 2 years of full results etc- especially with the consistency we enjoy - I have had approx only about 60 days out of the last 400+ trading days when I have not achieved my daily target - but as you say - thats of no concern to you or any other trader - its only really your own results from the method that you are bothered about.

Its the process which is the most important part and as far as I am concerned my squiggly lines just give me another edge along with the time of the session and where price is just prior to when I trade

Good Trading

Regards

F

I was not particularly about any one members statements rather in general.
My view is selective days are no use to anyone. Tar is right if he said that too, a year with max drawdown is relevant.

Shorter is a guide and sporadic days are nothing more than showing off.

I was not particularly about any one members statements rather in general.
My view is selective days are no use to anyone. Tar is right if he said that too, a year with max drawdown is relevant.

Shorter is a guide and sporadic days are nothing more than showing off.

The first thing is first. It does not matter if you post a year's worth of trading history if the posts are garbage. Since most will not even post the entry price, entry time and lot size or share size, posting a year's worth of the same would be worthless.

I actually say what it is I am going to buy hours before I buy it. I post the condition needed for me to buy. If you say buy something when it reaches a certain price and reaches that price, then you have your answer.

My previous post stating what to buy and when. I later posted that I bought it.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_27_at_10_10_16_AM.png

I do see a problem and that is exactly why I started this thread. CV has a A point about the lack of evidence as I had said earlier.

Any evidence would be better than no evidence. Fomo has said that he doesn't want to release confidential information. Other people have said this is well. It is a copout statement. I have never seen anyone ask for some proof that is too difficult to give.

As I said on my first post in this thread. I have not seen the entry price the entry time or the lot size.

People go on about how easy things are to hack. Well, go on then, hack! Prove it. I will show what I am hoping to see.

Re highlighted

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...aster-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-846.html

Post 8456

Maybe that chart will answer some of your questions

The last scalp buy taken at 2 30 pm UK time and shown on chart approx 10 mins later - with an up arrow and comment - SCALP BUY - lasted all afternoon and evening and actually went up over 140+ pips before the US close at 10 pm .

I remember this trade - as really it was a false sentiment set up on Friday afternoon / evening to get buyers in - before the gap over the weekend and then a 300 pip drop over 2 days

The point is I have 6 key times an hour in 2 time windows .

That buy was at a key Time along with all the other clues I require

My stops - mentioned about 200+ time throught out the journal are always between 3 and 7 pips - for EVERY TRADE - all depends on the currency spread

The time is shown on the chart the only point again not mentioned is the lot size.

In this case it was 3 lots - but how does that matter ??? Would it be a different trade on say just $5 a pip or $75 a pip ? I would say it would be different if I tried to place over 100 lots on - as I would not get it on a retail brokers platform - certainly not in one go.

Might I have posted a chart with scalp buy on - and then just scalp sold ??

Why would I ??

OK the entry was shown 10 mins late on chart - but the trade carried on for over 7 hrs - ie it was a buy.

Was this an help to any one ??

I don't know - but because I share - I hope it was

Best Regards

F

Just to be clear.I am deliberately ignoring Nicks comments....just in case anyone thinks I'm not up to doing battle with him :LOL:

The first thing is first. It does not matter if you post a year's worth of trading history if the posts are garbage. Since most will not even post the entry price, entry time and lot size or share size, posting a year's worth of the same would be worthless.

I actually say what it is I am going to buy hours before I buy it. I post the condition needed for me to buy. If you say buy something when it reaches a certain price and reaches that price, then you have your answer.

My previous post stating what to buy and when. I later posted that I bought it.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_27_at_10_10_16_AM.png

I meant if you post a years statements of course you need entries and exits and times etc, anything else is just not a statement.

We trade differently as I can honestly say I don't know what I will trade in an hour. I might do buy sell or nothing, it depends on what I see just before I trade. Not one is better or worse, I suspect we trade differently and my average trade length is not even an hour.

Re highlighted

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...aster-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-846.html

Post 8456

Maybe that chart will answer some of your questions

The last scalp buy taken at 2 30 pm UK time and shown on chart approx 10 mins later - with an up arrow and comment - SCALP BUY - lasted all afternoon and evening and actually went up over 140+ pips before the US close at 10 pm .

I remember this trade - as really it was a false sentiment set up on Friday afternoon / evening to get buyers in - before the gap over the weekend and then a 300 pip drop over 2 days

I am still asking for what @counter_violent is asking for. You are still doing the same thing.

counter_violent said:
no proofs whatsoever. No entry levels. No exit levels. Certainly no statements to prove that any trading ever took place.

I meant if you post a years statements of course you need entries and exits and times etc, anything else is just not a statement.

We trade differently as I can honestly say I don't know what I will trade in an hour. I might do buy sell or nothing, it depends on what I see just before I trade. Not one is better or worse, I suspect we trade differently and my average trade length is not even an hour.

That is fine. Now that I know you are referring to a statement. I do not think anyone is trying to say that a certain trading style is the best or at least I should hope not. :)

I will keep saying until I see it from someone. It is pretty easy to post a picture like I did without revealing any sensitive information.

Header 1.11 from the community constitution.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=faq_site_guidelines

1.11 Posting on T2W is a privilege not a right.

Except of course in the Journals section where members do not have the privilege to post a reply and the thread owner determines who can contribute.

So the current rules are you cannot post in private journals and you don't like that.

I think we got that already and it is not what you want and admin didn't listen to you in the same way the lucky journal members didn't have to read from you.

A lot about you in that. I guess if you decide that they are running it all wrong and you would do it differently then I guess you could make a moral stand and some of us, not those only in private journals, might miss you.