Power of islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the nicest possible way, christianity needs to **** off back where it came from.
ditto judaism.

please dont forget the christian invasion of europe centuries ago.

no im not, but none the less we do live in a society based on Cristian values..FYI i am an atheist

That's not conversion - that's immigration.

Yes I agree. Islam, like Christianity is a n old religion so it already has a large population.

Along with the immigration i think the breeding patterns from the islamic part of the world help increase these figures.

In terms of conversions, this is only my opinion, there are more Christian conversions than Islamic conversions. I think in the modern world this would have a lot to do with the way leadership is perceived. In the middle east, most are already Islamic, so few conversions there. In the west, where I think most conversions are likely to happen, Christianity has a more organised image. The way the west functions as a society is far more preferable and acceptable than most asian countries where religion is harped on about but basic human values are lacking .
I think the events of the last few decades involving Islamic fundamentalism and media coverage has given Islam an extreme image. Although this is not the principles that Islam has been built upon, it has certainly been hijacked by its hierarchy, which really doesn't seem to have a moral direction, rather a political motive.

I don't understand how any hierarchy that permits Fatwa, and has been quiet regarding the terrorist activities associated with Islam, can be seen to be responsible in its leadership of millions. I know many are against what is going on, but you never hear the men at the top condoning these activities in public.

A clear example was the Fatwa on Salman Rushdie, now what the hell was all that about. Understandably he may have misquoted something, but if the leaders have an approach that says kill anyone that does this, then what about the lower levels who cannot think as clearly, there actions are likely to be worse and will tarnish the image of the religion.

It seems or appears that these leaders act on impulses initiated by an onset of anger about something. The religion itself may not be the problem, but the leadership may have to be changed.

I was only going to allow myself a humorous bit of merrie olde riposte and avoid discussing religion, except on Tuesdays….

I have no idea what the current relative conversion rates are for the major religions of the World.

But given the current fundamentalising of the Muslim faith, with the restrictions becoming more numerous, more difficult and increasingly encroaching upon the ability of normal Muslims to maintain their day-to-day activities, which, contrary to some popular views, does not require 24X7 prayers and chanting, it’s going to be attractive to those who need discipline and structure in their lives and are unable to provide this from their own personal resources. This applies at a rough guess to about 99.99% of the population of the planet.

A case in point being the dissolution, for the most part, of the government of Old Russia. With Perekstrioka came a power vacuum. Millions of Russians with no one to manage and dictate every second of their lives and previously unparalleled opportunities for entrepreneurial endeavour. A few did well, the Mafia, drugs, crime, kidnappings, people-trafficking, prostitution all blossomed as never before. But your ordinary Vladimir in the street was left with no structure, no discipline and no idea what to do and where to turn to get his daily dose of oppression. So what did they do? Well, nearly 75% of the population flooded into Russian Orthodoxy. At last, less choice, more pointless discipline and ritual and a chance to feel guilt again, all day, every day. Ah Religion!

If you don’t oppress us, well, we’ll oppress ourselves.

I think if there is popularity in Islam, it is because it has taken the mantle as the most repressive destructive, personally discriminating and racist religion currently available and controls every aspect of your life and thoughts and actions and words. You’ll never have to worry about thinking for yourself ever again. And before anyone suggests white Muslims are brothers with their brown and black brothers – think again. There is as much (more?) cultural and racial hatred within the ranks of Muslim extremists towards other races, Muslims or not, as you will find anywhere.

Current terrorist threat level in UK is severe - an attack is highly likely

Each piece of information – however small – could form part of a wider picture so if you see any suspicious activity, especially in crowded places including shopping and entertainment areas, call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321

We're particularly interested in knowing about anyone who, for no obvious reason:

starts behaving differently or unusually
has a large number of mobile phones
has passports or other documents in different names
travels for long periods of time but is vague about where they're going
is buying or storing large amounts of chemicals
takes an interest in security like CCTV cameras.

That really is a very good post, Tony.
The Russian masses have always needed direction and order, there is something deep in their psyche that admires and obeys "strong" leadership.
They were also discouraged from following religion during Soviet days so there was a well spring of repressed and suppressed religiosity waiting to burst forth.
One of the reasons for the popularity of religion is the sense of fear in the individual which stems from a feeling of helplessness and alienation from the universe around them.I could go on, but it's not late at night.......
Richard

Its very surprising how many bigots come out when its time to bash religions, just shows how degrading people can get...

The problem with all religions is extremism.
Islam itself is a peaceful religion but cultural associations and interpretations which have nothing to do with the teachings of the Koran give it a bad name. I feel the same way about Christian fundamantalists too, or Sikhs or Tamils or the Taliban etc.
Ignorance and extremism are a dangerous mix.

if you would like to have an intelegent conversation about trading that would be great. you would be the first to respond from this site.

discipline and consistancy are the key to profits, if a trader can not accomplish that in a simulated environment, why would he believe he can accomplish that in a live environment????

Erm...OK. Maybe I'm not that bothered about CCTV, but the other items you mention are, well...

Each piece of information – however small – could form part of a wider picture so if you see any suspicious activity, especially in crowded places including shopping and entertainment areas, call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321

We're particularly interested in knowing about anyone who, for no obvious reason:

starts behaving differently or unusually
Wata loada B*ll*cks!!!!

I wonder how many of you those bashing Islam has read the Holy Book?
Guess your information is reading the tabloids

Yes agree that a lot needs to be done in the Islamic World
but it i snot that bad!

I wonder how many of you those bashing Islam has read the Holy Book?
Guess your information is reading the tabloids

Yes agree that a lot needs to be done in the Islamic World
but it i snot that bad!

Tabloids cant be wrong! - 75% of the Brits read it!
so we have choice to make

either the tabloids and their readers are a bunch of morons
OR
These is somethng seriously wrong with Islam

By the way is it true on the Youtube video that Muslims in the West produce at the rate of 8 kids per family?

Do they all get child benefit!!!
Sh**t my 50% tax is going to the immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.