Please ban me for a bit

:LOL:

I'm not in a huff or anything, I just figure there's too much stuff here that can cause me issues... My own fault of course, but taht's by the bye.

The self ban is just cause it is hardly fair to get everything deleted then carry on posting... I'm still alive you know, avaliable in usual place...

Look - either post it to me or just snort the lot of it.

Either way, keeping it in storage and then mentioning the fact on line (geddit!!!) means you should probably get rid...

I have asked too but they didnt do it either. my position now is that its a sh!t site and until they delete me and all my things im just going to stay and make it sh!tter.

Crack me up. (in the laughing context/meaning/sense)

No admins have responded to my requests so I am bumping this.

Honestly it's nothing personal, I just want all my posts removed. The only reason I'm not posting is I can hardly ask for all my stuff to be removed while still adding it!

I can understand why you wouldnt want anything decent to remain, but what about the lulz ?

There are large parts of my life I have kept off trade2win (I think I have kept my personal life almost entirely removed, for example - I actually went into more detail on a post on citibulls once!) - but other parts of my life I have revealed via anecdote an so on... and basically I don't think this is terribly sensible.

I have no problem in all my posts being wiped and starting again. In fact, anything *decent* I have no problem with it being kept - or anything purely lulzy. Heck, give me power to edit all my posts for ever (and anyone who has quoted them) and I will start posting again.

Hi Arabian,
I assumed your request was just another of your lulzy threads.
:innocent:
I'm still not sure but, just in case you're serious, individual members can't delete their post history. This facility used to exist, but it was abused, and was subsequently withrawn.

If there are specific things that you feel compromise your personal life (e.g. an e-mail address) which you'd like removed, I suggest to contact Androosh Forum Support Manager, with a link to said post(s) and a brief explanation of what you want deleted and why.
HTH,
Tim.

This facility used to exist, but it was abused, and was subsequently withrawn..

In what way was it abused ?

Surely, if T2W provides a facility to delete a post, and then someone uses the facility that T2W specifically provided for that purpose, how is that abuse ?

You actually stated in public that the posts made under my previous user name would be deleted. They where not deleted, and they remain.

I am not the only member to have made this request or complaint. The only abuse going on around here is your abuse of members trust and generosity.

Surely, if T2W provides a facility to delete a post, and then someone uses the facility that T2W specifically provided for that purpose, how is that abuse ?

People say things, get quoted on it. Then delete details in their post and claim they never said it? People make claims on the forum, take money and then when it all goes tits up delete their posts and pull a houdini? That's a few reasons.

A user should get 30 mins to edit/delete their post and that's it - it's the way it is on another forum and works fine.

Hi the hare,
Well, you know the answers to all these questions I'm sure but, for the benefit of anyone who doesn't, I'll explain.

There were two ways that I recall; doubtless there were others too. Rather than just leaving quietly, a high profile member unhappy about the way T2W conducted its business would try to cause maximum disruption by deleting all their posts (or large quantities at least), thus rendering threads unreadable. Alternatively, they'd attempt to blackmail the site with 'do XYZ (or don't do) XYZ (e.g. ban another member they didn't like) - otherwise I'll delete all my posts'. Both actions are very unfair on other members who commit time and effiort contributing to the threads affected.

In Surely, if T2W provides a facility to delete a post, and then someone uses the facility that T2W specifically provided for that purpose, how is that abuse ?
As outlined above. Obviously, the facility was not provided to be abused in the way I've described - hence it was removed.

In You actually stated in public that the posts made under my previous user name would be deleted. They where not deleted, and they remain.
Aha - a multinick comes out of the closet!
I think you'll find that any comment I may have made along the lines you outline was clearly a jokular one at a time when your former incarnation was at his most lulzy. I certainly never made - or make now - a promise to do something and then not do it.

In I am not the only member to have made this request or complaint. The only abuse going on around here is your abuse of members trust and generosity.
Yeah, my inbox is overflowing with PMs and e-mails from members saying what a nasty bit of work I am. By comparison with the average north african dictator - the catalogue of abuse I'm gonna unleash around here will make those despots look like Blue Peter presenters!

Tim.

I certainly never made - or make now - a promise to do something and then not do it..

Thats fantastic news, so you'll have no problem deleting my posts then :LOL:

It took longer than I would have liked but at least we got it sorted out in the end. (y)

Just in case it slipped your mind, the exact promise you made was as follows:

"you can rest assured that if you want your 'contributions' to T2W erased, I shall add my name to what will doubtless be a long list of applicants who will be delighted to fulfil your departing wishes"

Last edited:
Yeah, my inbox is overflowing with PMs and e-mails from members saying what a nasty bit of work I am. By comparison with the average north african dictator - the catalogue of abuse I'm gonna unleash around here will make those despots look like Blue Peter presenters!

Tim.

You monster :LOL:

While you're here, is there somewhere you can put when members change their user names? It's common courtesy to let others know so they're not left wondering who's who.

While you're here, is there somewhere you can put when members change their user names? It's common courtesy to let others know so they're not left wondering who's who.

Working out who is who at the zoo is one of the few attractions left. Its not exactly rocket science is it ? and it helps inflate membership numbers which is good.

If they must impliment this, perhaps it can be in the form of a weekly competition. For example, first prize this week is a kindle for anyone who can spot the member previously known as wasp kinda thing.

So the rumour going around that you are the re=incarnation of Papa Doc Duvalier and Idi amin is true then!
:)

You monster :LOL:

This was discussed a while ago and, in principle, I think most people would agree that it's a good idea. However, it's not as straight forward as one might imagine to implement because most multinicks tend not to want their former identities known. Otherwise, there's little point in coming up with a new one. If challenged, they tend to deny it. The onus is then on T2W to prove that they are one of the same. I'm not strong on tech' issues but, my understanding from those that are is that if someone really wants to hide their identity - they can through the use of proxy servers etc. All in all, to try and flush them all out is a drain on time and resources with few benefits to the community. That said, most people that utilise multinicks rather enjoy playing the 'I know you know who I am' game - it's part of how they get their kicks. So, the Mods and admin alert one another as to who's who and the members either work it out or they don't. Given time, the member concerned usually outs themselves - as zupcon has above. Sorry - I mean 'the hare'!

Occasionally, someone slips up in the registration process or, in a drunken stupor, registers with a daft name they later regret and want to change. But these are the minority. I think (but I may be wrong) in these cases the former username appears beneath their new one for a month or so. The last high profile member to do this (that I'm aware of) was was Dionysus Toast (formerly pedro01.)
Tim.

I'm not talking about multi-accounting. I'm talking about people who request a screen-name change, they keep all their posts and everything just change their screen-name. I don't know what the terms for doing such a thing is but i've seen it happen.

I'm not talking about multi-accounting. I'm talking about people who request a screen-name change, they keep all their posts and everything just change their screen-name. I don't know what the terms for doing such a thing is but i've seen it happen.

Hi M',
This happens very rarely - as far as I know - and usually only for the reasons given in the last para of my previous post. As I recall, the last high profile ex-member that did it was the infamous wasp who changed his name to BigYellowBanana - or something along those lines.
Tim.

Here's the thing.

I reckon if Arabian got off his 'erse and found the.. errr.. embarrassing posts and pointed them out to the mods - I reckon they'd probably do the necessary...

I reckon if Arabian got off his 'erse and found the.. errr.. embarrassing posts and pointed them out to the mods - I reckon they'd probably do the necessary...

How can you possibly believe that ?. Tim gave me a cast iron assurance that my posts would be deleted, and now, he's done a complete U turn. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

On that basis, I reckon they wouldnt. The evidence thats staring you in the face suggests that they wouldnt. FFS how many more times does he need to bring this issue to their attention ?

Even the moderators have publically stated "not a chance".

If it where my forum, I'd abuse the privelidge too, but I'd do with with transparency and integrity. Proming one thing, and doing the opposite is hypocritical.

How can you possibly believe that ?. Tim gave me a cast iron assurance that my posts would be deleted, and now, he's done a complete U turn. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.
Problem is, I suspect you're the only person that believes that. Correction, I don't even think you believe it!

For the record - and for the benefit of other subscribers - the quote provided by the hare in his earlier post is taken out of context and, as such, is totally misleading.
Tim.