Please advise - Coin Collector

I had bought the system a couple of days ago and am currently demo trading it. Markus has been a great help. He helped me set up the demo with Strategyrunner and even provided me with techsupport for SR. For customer service, they get A+ from me.

Now the system... it is elegantly simple and that make me feel confident. It is a contratrend method, so it looks for small profits. You got to have low cost execution to come out ahead. As for long term profitability, I have no idea other than the literature and backtest results provided by Rockwell. I will demo trade it for one month and then I will decide whether it is for me or not.

Hope this helps.
Maji

Wisestguy, I am not sure if your remarks on "self promotion" was directed to me or to Markus. I just bought the coincollector program and posted my thoughts on it.

Maji

I believe their website is rockwelltrading.com. Check Markus' profile, the website is listed there.

By the way, I am no way a shill for Markus, as some tried to imply. A poster asked for their opinion on this board and I gave mine. To say that this is spam is offensive.

Thanks,
Maji

Markus_H said:
KengKing asked:
"Does anyone have any experience with this company or bought the system?"

This thread has 19 posts by now, and thus far the question was not answered.

This is an attempt to answer the question (though it might be long):

Four years ago I took a private tutoring with Joe Ross. I learned a lot of very useful things, which dramatically improved my trading. I read all the other BS before, but nothing really helped. In my opinion Joe's materials are fantastic; yet he was "hiding" in Austin, TX. I convinced Joe to share his knowledge with other traders who are struggling like I did. We became partners, and for the past three years I have been working for Joe Ross Trading Educators.

As a result, you can now download the free ebook about The Law of Charts and other useful information, as HYield mentioned in a previous post. In the past three years we trained several hundred traders, and many of them became very successful.

In January 2005 I visited a friend who is working as a floor trader at the CBOT. He introduced me to his friends, and I had the opportunity to interview them and ask them about THEIR trading secrets. That was amazing! These guys KNOW how to trade, it's their job. Most of the traders I interviewed have been trading for more than 20 years, many of them made millions.

I asked them if they would share their knowledge with thousands of traders out there who want to learn how to make money with trading.

They agreed, and Rockwell Trading Inc was founded on January 18, 2005.

As a first step they published "CoinCollector", an e-mini S&P trend-fading system for beginners that produces small, but consistent profits. We discussed publishing a more rewarding trend-following system, but for many reasons (that I might explain in another post) these systems are for traders with deeper pockets.

So, answering KengKing's questions:
  • Yes, I do know the company. I personally know everybody who's working there, and I trust these people.
  • Yes, I do trade the system for myself, and I am happy with the results.

I just talked to the guys at Rockwell Trading, and there's something that surprises them.
KengKing,
Rockwell Trading is offering an unconditional money-back guarantee if you don't like the system. Why not just getting it and try it out?

Markus

PS: I don't know where the price of $397 comes from. The price is $197.

Hi Markus,
having just visited your site I see the cost for the Coin Collector is now $697 can you please confirm this, as a $500 hike in a week seems a bit excessive.
Thanks
Steve G

spgslege said:
Hi Markus,
having just visited your site I see the cost for the Coin Collector is now $697 can you please confirm this, as a $500 hike in a week seems a bit excessive.
Thanks
Steve G
Hi Steve,

Yes, the price for the CoinCollector is now $697.

Here's why:
Rockwell Trading has been operating for more than two months now. Though nobody in the company has received any kind of compensation (e.g. bonus, salary, etc.) we had $18,000 cost to set up the website, purchase hardware, software, other infrastructure and so on.

To date the income of Rockwell Trading is less than $5,000, so there's a huge gap.

So far we are covering this gap from our trading profits, but we don't want to do this indefinitely. Our idea is that Rockwell Trading is at least covering costs.

We don't want to cut back on our customer service, because we believe in providing high quality products and services. Our existing customers can confirm this.

That's why we recalculated the price, and extended the guarantee to 30 days. That's more than enough time to make back the purchase price with the trading profits of the system.

As you can see, we had to raise the price for economic reasons, and not because of "slick" marketing techniques. In fact one of our customers (Frank, are you there?) told us that our marketing has a lot of room for improvement :)

So we don't have a fancy marketing answer for the raise; just the facts.

Hope you understand...

Markus

Did someones mind get blown away by that fan? I had a similar experience at a flea market in Turkey trying to buy a rug

coin collector

Dear Mr Maji,
Many thanks for your honest opinion.It gives an idea about experience of others.
I have tried counter trend approach in stock markets,it works under certain conditions well.
I made losses but moderate ones trading countertrend,but often missed big profits for one reason or other. I still feel lacking as to under what circumstances or in what kind of markets the profitable use of counter trend techniques is possible.
Luckily for me your post gave me a new direction of thinking,things started becoming clear.
I appreciate your post and information therein contained,to newbies like who keep searching
google for info. keep the good work and if possible,please post your experiences with the system you are trying or stopped trying if at all due to other reasons.
More than once I happened to see your other posts, and cannot but thank you for the same.
I need actual users feedback and only Maji was of help.
cheers and best of trading times
Ramesh velidi

tradermaji said:
I had bought the system a couple of days ago and am currently demo trading it. Markus has been a great help. He helped me set up the demo with Strategyrunner and even provided me with techsupport for SR. For customer service, they get A+ from me.

Now the system... it is elegantly simple and that make me feel confident. It is a contratrend method, so it looks for small profits. You got to have low cost execution to come out ahead. As for long term profitability, I have no idea other than the literature and backtest results provided by Rockwell. I will demo trade it for one month and then I will decide whether it is for me or not.

Hope this helps.
Maji

Ramesh,

The coin collector method is going through some hard times now. It is having some equity swings, but I think it will smooth itself out. I have 11 more days of trial trading left, so we will see after that.

Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes a straight forward answer can be misconstrued, and perhaps this was one of those cases.

Good luck,
Maji

Your experience Mr Maji

Thanks for your reply and thanks for your time.
I will wait for future comments.
Leaving aside the current matter, in case You have any personal experiences on
counter trend or trend following approaches,please find the same spirit
to share us guys .
I am still searching for that unique cobination of indicators for stock buy and sell.
If you wont mind, You(I am sure must be knowing already) please try the site(excuse me
if I dared much) www.wealth-lab.com
You may check and let me know if the three things there are worth,good hearted guys toiled and gave that site as gift to us who cant afford costly stuff
1.neomaster 2.sma cycles sigma bands v3(just use bands v3 in search) 3.single psn trend oscillator
If you find anything else worthwhile,sure you will do,please share with me and oblige
Thanks and Goodluck!
Sincerely, Rameshbabu (mail at [email protected])

Ramesh,

I am not a big believer in indicators, nor do I believe in complicated analysis. I think a robust method is simple. I work with Wealthlab, and have a few systems posted there. If you are looking for stock systems. look at Dr. Koch's Hi-Lo Method. It is a great system. I think cost averaging is the way to go with stocks, and hence a few of my systems reflect that. I post by the user name majia on that forum.

Good luck with your search,
Maji

Dr Koch Hi-Lo many thanks Mr Maji

Dear Mr Maji,
Thanks a lot for the clues.
While it is surprising to me you dont believe in indicators,I wonder like DAN ZANJER,who declares he hates indicators and only prefers to by chart patterns etc.
I tried to get in to chart patterns etc but find too complicated stuff when it comes to application.

I could only understand head and shoulders rest are difficult.
I understood a bit of mark crisps 1-2-3 set up and looks good.
I tried to see kevin Haggertys 1-2-3 system.But life is not easy,
If you believe we can spot a bit early those big moves that are going to happen,
kindly feel free to share with us newbies.
May be your posts on the lab will keep me busy and learning.
The fact you indicated no indicator can be trusted etc,has put me in a bit of trouble.
So far at least i believed these multiple indicators save me from trouble of loosing big.
But everytime i bought the prices dropped and everytime I sold,the prices went up.
Thank god I see one thing now
Cost averaging hint you gave seems to a way out,provided one invests only part of capital he got.Wow!
I see if i bought with 30 or 50% of money i have, if prices dropped indicating profitable buy,I
can go on piece meal buy spree in steps and same way the selling case can be dealt.
Means Sell 30% of shares one holds and if price moves up sell another 30% and so on to derive max benefit.
Way to go!!!!!
I make new trade plan now with this strategy. If the market turns against me,I take shelter in cost averaging. There might be limitations due to stock price behaviour ,I will try and locate some as the strategy fails with those stocks which go broke foever and never recover back upwards.That means stock personality is something I need to be aware,the loss/rise in price is recoverable or not may give me go ahead or not.
Once again with appreciation for your hints
Cheers and Happy trading!!
Ramesh

Ramesh,

Please do not misunderstand me. There are a lot of people making a living out of trading with indicators. I just find them difficult to use in my style. I prefer price action, but do use indicators like ATR to get an idea of volatility.

As for cost averaging, try to work in some type of stop loss, so that the losses are kept in check. Check out my rendition of Dr. Koch's high lo strategy using the "pain in the neck" methodology. Run it on the Nasdaq 100 and let me know what you think. Another great strategy is Smitelener streaks by Cone and a modification of that. As for stocks going to zero or close to that, for example Enron and the Internet bubbles, you will have to exercise caution and use stops.

Good luck,
Maji

Coin Collector

Coin Collector at a good day +16.00 on ES

tradermaji said:
Ramesh,

The coin collector method is going through some hard times now. It is having some equity swings, but I think it will smooth itself out. I have 11 more days of trial trading left, so we will see after that.

Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes a straight forward answer can be misconstrued, and perhaps this was one of those cases.

Good luck,
Maji

The last couple days were bad for CC. Being a contratrend system and the last couple of days being trend days, the system had to take some losses. However, before that it did generate the profits in line with what was posted when I bought it about 4 weeks ago.

Maji

tradermaji, thanks for the reply.
Can I ask if you trade the system manually or using autotrade in Strategy Runner.
Also they do say on the website that the system works on sideways days, and not trending days.
They go on to say that sideways days occur much more frequently. So I would not expect the system to have performed over the last few days.
Having said that, based on a one contract set up can you say that you have generated more than $750 in the 30 days you have used the system?