Someone has got to be trading forex profitably ?

tommog said:
and i have to say the "turning point" in my trading, which i think all experienced traders have had, was when i stopped trying to scalp the market,

as soon as i moved down to trading off an hourly chart, did i start making good money, its a fantastic feeling sitting on the sidelines watching all the poor inexperienced, over-leveraged traders killing themselves fighting for scraps in the "5 minute market" and you are able to hop on board the momentum of the trend.

My advice is find a system that works pretty well on a 5 or 10 minute chart, then apply this to a longer time frame and guarantee you will be far more profitable.

you can even make great money joining a trend late,

Also i would advise you pay attention to which hours of the day the market get choppy and stay well clear of them, i trade 6am-10:30am and 12pm- 5pm london time and find these hours fairly reliable

good post, you make some very valid & sensible points.

I'm sure your consistancy & profitability will flourish taking those views.

soccer_daemon said:

I honestly don't believe anyone who has done it really well will spill the beans &
share it with the rest of the world just because they love sharing and helping
others ... call me cycnical but we are dealing with reality in trading money.

So if there are some among you who are perhaps not in category 4) but have
gone through the long painful process, what can you say and offer in as simple
as in one sentence valuable advise that is comprehensible, not ambiguous,
not abstract, not phillospohical but down to earth plain English for the newbies
the essential things to work on ?

Well, I am not asking for secret or tips or magic bullet or holly grail here. I am
asking for a piece of advise in formulating an approach/method in a systematic
way whose process is repeatable and objective, logical and not emotional
bias, what would you say ?.....................

SD

Advanced Structured Forex Trading

There are four (4) answers to your questions that at present, no one is clearly talking about, articulating or in any way demonstrating in a synergized fashion. I've been talking about them, writing about them and researching them for years. I've not read a single book, article, headline, post on a forum or research report where these four (4) elements are talked about in synergy with each other.

My thread will deal with these key conceptual issues along the way, as I complete a portion of my work, online. Getting to the bottom of these four (4) giants of trading is absolutely critical if long-term trading success is desired. Trading without understanding these four (4) mission critical keys is like attempting to breathe under water without scuba gear.

Join us if you like! They will be outlined and then discussed in as much detail as I can, in that thread. Check-in, introduce yourself and chat with the others until I am ready to begin. :)