Please advise - Coin Collector

I was papertrading the system using Strategyrunner. After the few trend days last month, at the end of 30 days of my trial it did not generate $750. I am still thinking of going ahead and starting a live account with it. Howver, I feel the best way to trade this system is in conjunction with a breakout type system to hedge. I am still looking for a suitable breakout system.

Good luck,
Maji

Real Results (April 20th, 2005)

I have received quite a few emails asking me to publish real results of the trading system CoinCollector here in the Forum.

As I trade various strategies and not only CoinCollector I can not simply post my own account statement.

Therefore we opened a small trading account with $10,000 on April 4th, 2005 and started trading CoinCollector on April 5th, 2005 with 1 contract.

Here are the real trading results from April 5th - April 20th, 2005:
Account_Statement_0420.JPG

As you can see the real results are right on target:
  • We expected $420 per week net profit and we realized $483.60.
  • We expected $36 average profit per trade and we realized $40.30.

Here's a screenshot of the corresponding Balance Inquiry from the RCGDirect Reporting System:

Account_Balance_0420.JPG

Markus

Markus,
Does this system work better with some contracts more so than others.
I.E. if I were to purchase the system and give it a more than fair trial what contracts would you recommend?

The system works best on the e-mini S&P.

I heard from other traders that they are trading the strategy successfully in the e-mini NQ and e-mini Russell. Attached are the performance reports for all three contracts.

A trader from Germany wrote me that he's trading it on the DAX and it might work on the EuroStoxx and FTSE as well, but I haven't tested it.

The system works best in directionless markets, i.e. all markets that lack intraday trends are suitable for the system.

Hope that helps,

Markus

Attachments

• Performance_Report_ES.gif
    Performance_Report_ES.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Performance_Report_NQ.gif
    Performance_Report_NQ.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Performance_Report_ER.gif
    Performance_Report_ER.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 251
HYield said:
They have just extended till the 18th...I received the offer also.

One point to note though..Take a look at the FREE 1-2-3 Ross Hook. Its been so widely accepted and many users have been profitting from it (judging from the thread I read). What if it was not free; Would anyone have bought it?

Hyeild,
Where would I find this 1,2,3, ross hook?

tradermaji said:
I was papertrading the system using Strategyrunner. After the few trend days last month, at the end of 30 days of my trial it did not generate $750. I am still thinking of going ahead and starting a live account with it. Howver, I feel the best way to trade this system is in conjunction with a breakout type system to hedge. I am still looking for a suitable breakout system.

Good luck,
Maji

Trader,
Any new information concerning CoinCollector?

KengKing said:
Greetings all T2W members. I am seriously considering purhasing this system: http://www.rockwelltrading.com/sample_checklist.htm and am given $200 off if I order by Monday. Does anyone have any experience with this company or bought the system? They claim that their system has a winning percentage of 70.5% and was tested on 600 trades.

Thanks in advance

Keng

Keng,
Have you tried the system? If so what are your thoughts?

tradermaji said:
I had bought the system a couple of days ago and am currently demo trading it. Markus has been a great help. He helped me set up the demo with Strategyrunner and even provided me with techsupport for SR. For customer service, they get A+ from me.

Now the system... it is elegantly simple and that make me feel confident. It is a contratrend method, so it looks for small profits. You got to have low cost execution to come out ahead. As for long term profitability, I have no idea other than the literature and backtest results provided by Rockwell. I will demo trade it for one month and then I will decide whether it is for me or not.

Hope this helps.
Maji

Trader,
What are your thoughts of the program at this point.

I am in the process of opening a StrategyRunner enabled account to trade CoinCollector. I think it is a great system, but you probably should have a breakout/trend system to hedge the possible trending conditions when an antitrend system like CC incurs drawdowns.

Maji

Hi Maji,
I have been running Coincollector on demo for a couple of weeks now.
Even though we are going through a period of drawdown, I am still impressed, mainly because it is so simple.
Have you looked at a breakout strategy, and if so can you advise?
I believe that in the longer term breakout strategies do not work, can you comment?
Regards
etypejag

Jag,

I believe you can look up the breakout strategies mentioned by SidInUK and AnomalyResearch on the EliteTrader forum. Either one of these should act as an hedge. However, there will be days when you will lose on both systems, but those days will be rare. What it will protect you is from those monstrous trend days, and smoothen out the equity curve.

Hope this helps.
Maji

Maji,

Now that you've been running the system for over a month know, could you update us on what your experience has been like? Has the performance matched the backtest results?

ivot,

I have been trading CC with real money for the last two or three weeks. It has indeed met and surpassed its backtested performance. Knock on wood, I don't want to jinx it.

Hope this helps,
Maji

Thanks for your quick response. Are you renting the system? I was poking around their website and it looks like you can only rent it for 200 bucks month. The other thing I didn't see was the 10,000 dollar account that they were using to make these trades with real money.

I had purchased the system outright a while back. Just took time to get the courage to trade it will real money :!:

Maji

See why I shouldn't make any comments on an active trading system!!!! CC had a losing day today.

Just amazing how I can control the markets :cheesy:

Maji

tradermaji said:
See why I shouldn't make any comments on an active trading system!!!! CC had a losing day today.

Just amazing how I can control the markets :cheesy:

Maji
Maji,
I just started to paper trade the system this morning. How much draw-down have you experienced so far using this system.