paco oil and gas

Sweetbud

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but chances are you're far from being lucky even if your share certificates are real.

I would advise that you start asking the right questions, ie as a shareholder can I have the last set of AUDITED accounts. Then you will be able to see if Paco Oil is for real or if it is nothing but a worthless shell. And if they start balking at your request then you'll know something is very very wrong.

Until you do that and find out far more information about paco Oil the chances are your share certificates are not worth the paper they're printed on, geniune or not.

Remember, you were cold called to buy these investments and that's basicallly the MO of a boiler room and they only exist to steal money, not put their clients into 'good' investments.

Sweetbud

Again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but chances are you're far from being lucky even if your share certificates are real.

I would advise that you start asking the right questions, ie as a shareholder can I have the last set of AUDITED accounts. Then you will be able to see if Paco Oil is for real or if it is nothing but a worthless shell. And if they start balking at your request then you'll know something is very very wrong.

Until you do that and find out far more information about paco Oil the chances are your share certificates are not worth the paper they're printed on, geniune or not.

Remember, you were cold called to buy these investments and that's basicallly the MO of a boiler room and they only exist to steal money, not put their clients into 'good' investments.

thanx's Anley, i give up now!!! don't know who to believe anymore....where's the nearest bridge I might jump... JOKE!! Its only money, I can always put an ad in the press: FREE to good wise home, one female (blonde) good at losing money but always smiling, "confused.com"

I was very glad to be sent a link for this website by a friend today and this was the first time I logged on. I have been pestered at work for the last few days by a caller claiming to represent this paco oil and gas offering a discount on sure bet shares.

I suspected everything wasn't straight as I am a new small time investor and wondered why should he call me so frequently if he's got such a good offer? There must be other, bigger fish to fry!

Anyway, straighforward check and my feelings confirmed. Hopefully if I quote this website he won't be back!

David - Witney, UK

David - That's why these threads are so active so we can try and help people before they invest and lose money with these thieves. Well done.

restricted shares

Hi, I'm new to this and think I too have been had by a boiler room scam.
So let me get this right, even after the i year holding period and I get the restriction taken off the share certificate I can only sell 1% of my holding per quartet? How long does this further restriction last , It could take me forever to shift some of these shares and the fees will be mounting up all the time.
Help, whats the answer to this111 Is there a solution.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Who told you porkies about no such thing as restricted shares?

One lesson should be learnt here already, get the right info from the right people?

Your leaving yourself opened to be scammed again.

Shares acquired in a private placement are considered restricted shares and may not be sold in a public offering absent registration, or after an appropriate holding period has expired. Non-affiliates must wait one year after purchasing the shares, after which time they may sell less than 1% of their outstanding shares each quarter. For affiliates, there is a two-year holding period.

Also, check this out from the horses mouth.

Restricted Securities

You'll find all the confirmation you need here to tell the person you spoke with to stick there knowledge where the sun dont shine.

Remember, correct info from correct, legitimate sources = no scammers present.

Lets have a brief look at Paco Oil and Gas (paco petroleum)

This research comprises of around 1 man hour. All information has been sought readily from the internet from reputible firms. The summary is comprised from years of investing and full time working in the stock industry and although every effort has been made, some errors may remain. (as this is a brief outline and not extensive I would ask for people not to pick holes in the odd bit of info, most if not all is factually correct).

I have done this research so that others can review and feel free to do any cross examination or extensive research before parting with their cash in this company.

This is a recent statement regarding there Olsen Lease:
Full article from Reuters: Paco Oil and Gas Inc. First Olsen Lease Well Near Production; Company Makes Preparations to Service All Wells on Olsen | Reuters

SHERMAN, TX, Jan 10 (EDIT: 2008) (MARKET WIRE) --
Paco Oil and Gas Inc. (PINKSHEETS: POGC), an exploration company focused on
purchasing under valued oil and gas leases, announced today that the company
expects the first well located on the recently acquired Olsen lease
properties to be in production by the end of January 2008. At present, there
are 6 wells (uncompleted) on the 105 acre properties located in the county of
Washington Oklahoma ready for re-completion. Paco Oil and Gas is in the
process of developing the necessary tanks and infrastructure to be capable
and prepared to service all wells located on the Olsen property. Preliminary
testing on the wells revealed recoverable oil in all 6 wells. The company will
report on all progress through regular press releases. paco petroleum

Now every well produces (on average) 20 barrels of oil per day, as per paco's webpage:
paco petroleum

"The average Oklahoma oil well now produces about twenty barrels per day".

These appear to be dead wells that have been financially exhausted, paco appear to be sucking up the dregs.

The Olsen site comprises of 105 acre plot with 6 wells as per the Reuters report stating:
"At present, there are 6 wells (uncompleted) on the 105 acre properties located in the county of Washington Oklahoma ready for re-completion."

Paco Oil and Gas Inc. First Olsen Lease Well Near Production; Company Makes Preparations to Service All Wells on Olsen | Reuters

Be aware of the words "(uncomplete)" and "re-completion", which means they were active but now unfit to use.

Now although 'tests' have shown that oil is recoverable in all 6 wells we must bear in mind that there is NO infrastructure to the 105 acre olsen property.
This means:
Paco Oil will have to process the developing necessary tanks and infrastructure to be capable and prepared to service all wells located on the Olsen site.

Now lets look at the summary:

Paco oil and gas (pacopetroleum)

Lets assume that ALL the infrastructure needed is built for free.

Lets assume that ALL 6 wells DO produce oil.

Lets assume that ALL 6 wells produce 20 barrels per day as estimated.

Lets also assume that barrels are sold at $100.

Lets assume that there is NO production costs, labour, certificates, standard investigations or clean up costs. Lets also take out transportation, wages, company files and accountants, lets also remove tankers, equipment, maintenance, warehouses, storage and materials. Lets forget about leasing costs, office rental and equipment, advisors, meetings and licenses.

Lets also assume they pay NO tax and get FULL payment with NO loss and NO refining.

Lets assume that these wells remain to produce 20 bbrls per day for ever without delays, holdups, accidents, shutdown periods for maintenance and investigations for licenses for oil quality and contamination.

Lets also take out all 'in house' wages, secretaries, cleaners, website designers, public speakers, directors and of course, 'shareholders'.

Although the above is NOT possible, we will use this as a firm example of where the company is headed.

6 x wells @ 20bbrls per day every day = 43,800 bbrls per annum. Not exactly what we're looking for from an investment opportunity.

43,800 x 100 = 4.3 million USD or aprox just over £2m GBP - Not enough to float the company nor are there prospects strong enough to do so on an alternative investment market.

Now type in their address into google earth and see where it takes you. Hardly what you expected right?
718 Highway 82 East.
Sherman, Texas.
USA 75090

This is taking on board the information that I have readily found and would always advise investors doing their own due diligence before investing. This is the bear minimum of work you should do before taking the next step as to research the company before investing, this is only scratching the surface. This post does not constitute as investment advice and should be seen as information only.

Now ask, should I have done even the basic evaluation before parting with my hard earned cash.
Stop listening to strangers on the phone selling you stuff.
How many people in Sherman, Texas have invested? They can see more than us and view the offices. What about people on the ground nearby, have they invested? Why do people ask for foriegn money in far away lands? Maybe it's because it would cost us more in time and effort as well as money to track them down and is not financially viable to take them to international court hearings should anything be afoot.

It's generally a lot easier to take a few thousand from thousands of people than millions from one person.

Please note: this information has been provided to you for free.

My View: Find something else to throw your money and time at.

Lee Shepherd's credentials:

Micro Stock investor for 10 years prior to moving into indices on a macroeconomic level over 4 years ago. I use a multitude of technical analysis with a huge array of fundamentals.
My trades can be witnessed on my blog on my profile page.

Lee Shepherd.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to thank the folks on this forum for having saved me from very possibly losing 10000 USD.

About a month ago I was cold-called by a lady who was not a native English speaker. After some general questions she politely asked me if she could call me back within a few days.

She called back the next day, asked some straightforward questions and I told her that I would be able to act should an investment opportunity arise.

I was asked if I would mind being called by an account manager.

I have to say that I am pretty assertive and I felt that I could safely allow myself to hear what was on offer, I would say no to anything sounding too good to be true.

So began the conversations with C, a very pleasant english speaking young man who talked about an investment opportunity.

There was absolutely NO hard sell, he gave me the website and the name of PACO on the Deutsche Boerse and told me a very sensible sounding story about oil prices and US domestic oil that was now becoming marketable.

He urged me do the Due Diligence, that I would be nuts to take his word for it and that he would call me back in 48 hours to find out if I wanted to be a customer.

He called the PACO deal a sweetener, a sure-fire money maker but repeatedly say that he could lose his trading license if he made real promises, I needed to be aware that there are risks with any investment and that I should do the research.

Again there was no pressure, no deadline or anything else that set off alarm bells.

C said I would be called by a senior partner named S.

I did get a call from S, he had answers to all my concerns, for instance when I asked for some testimonials he said: Do you think I would connect you with someone who would say anything negative about us?

The website looked good, I found it hard to believe that more than a few people were in on the same scam, after calling the number on the website I was promptly called back by C asking me what he could do for me.

I decided to be okay with it and put in my 10k.

C seemed really pleased and told me repeatedly that he wouldn't let me down.

Forms were filled, I got an account at their website, on the same day I could log in and see a professional looking balance sheet with my name, account number and number of PACO shares.

Then I googled upon this forum.

I read the word 'Boiler room' for the first time.

I couldn't believe what had happened, I was convinced that I had thrown away 10000 usd of real money.

I had to think of something, if this was a boiler room, the 10k was just the beginning, they would try to get me in on other deals and on that basis I decided to try my own confidence game.

If I could convince them that I needed the 10k returned to me for the time being so that I would be a higher roller further down the road I could have a chance of getting my investment back.

I succeeded in that because a week later the full amount was put back into my account.

What I had found out in the meantime, after doing serious DD was that:

When googling their Tokyo address it turned out to be a virtual office including telephone service

The IP address of the emails I received were Thailand based

When their their caller id was not blocked it showed a Thailand prefix

The bank I sent funds to is in Taiwan

Their established investment company where S told me he had been working for 7 years after leaving Citibank had a 2 month old website.

Boy was I glad to see the funds returned.

I emailed S saying I would not answer calls with a blocked caller ID and that I would not be investing with them any longer.

I have no way of being sure if I escaped from a scam or if I missed out on a great investment opportunity, they were friendly, wellspoken and said everything I wanted to hear.

In an email from S, after the funds were returned, I told him about all the similarities to a Boiler room setup, he said: If we were a Boiler room we would never have sent the money back, would we.

Maybe Yes, maybe No, I am convinced that I swam with sharks and came out of the pool wiser and more cynical.

Again, thanks a lot to the people on this forum for opening my eyes to the things people will do to get what is not theirs

I decided not to mention their company name or their names because they did not scam me, they refunded me and were very polite about my pullback.

I could be wrong and they might just look like a Boiler room

Mike

Mikedhr,

If they didn't scam you and have been happy with the service then it would seem only fair to name them as the good company they are.

You may even find that by naming them others may give advice on their dealings with the said firm.

On another note, have you read my post on paco as an investment vehicle above your post. Have a read, if you've read it already, read again, then tell me that this company genuinely gave you a good business opportunity.

In short, Name and shame them. You were lucky to get out with your money.

Good points, Lee...

The company name is Western Capital Trading, Inc. (Westcap) website westerncapitaltrading.com, they cold called me and offered shares of PACO at 2,55.

If it is indeed a legit company it would be unfair to them to withold their names: the account advisor is Charles Carson, the senior calling later was Steven Harper, he is the compliance officer.

Mike

Good points, Lee...

The company name is Western Capital Trading, Inc. (Westcap) website westerncapitaltrading.com, they cold called me and offered shares of PACO at 2,55.

If it is indeed a legit company it would be unfair to them to withold their names: the account advisor is Charles Carson, the senior calling later was Steven Harper, he is the compliance officer.

Mike

Hi mike,

A reveiw of the company paco will tell you all you need in relation to this Western Capital Trading. Take a look at my research or do some yourself. This is not a great company to invest in and apart from being restricted shares ( I assume you know what that is), why would you want to buy them. At best this is extremely high risk to extremely low reward ratio buying, at worst you'll lose ALL your invested money and to add insult to injury may be a scam. Either way, throw your money at something else.

I would have assumed if you googled to find this thread, why stop there, google some more. I would have also of thought that my time and effort invested in my small amount of research into paco (for people like you) would have been recieved by yourself with a sense of 'thanks for informing' as oppose to 'I feel they are a good company that promotes them'.

It makes me laugh.

They've been nice to you and so you like them...The shares are worhtless and so is Western Capital Trading.

Anyway, I'm feeling kind and generous today. Here are some more links that yourself could have googled to find.

As always, people get scammed due to NOT doing their due diligence and walking right into 'too good to be true deals' so they can get loads of money without doing any work whatsoever. Google before you pay your money, not after.

Links below regarding Western Capital Trading

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/33418-itonis-paco-oil-gas-2.html

Who else has recently had a phone call from Western Capital trading about investing in Paco petroleum? - Yahoo!7 Answers

Lets wake up and smell the coffee.

Mike, I'm telling you that 100% you were being setup and the $10k investment would have been worthless.

Glad you used your brain and started to use the internet to research, this is why many of us are so active on these threads.

And as you rightly point out thier domain name was first registered 3 months ago, always a dead giveaway - Westerncapitaltrading.com - Western Capital Trading

Lee, you say I made you laugh. I'm not sure what you mean by that.

As far as gratitude is concerned my prime reason for posting in the first place was to say: Thank You. My very first sentence reads: 'Hi, I would like to thank the folks on this forum...

Lee, you have been investing actively for at least 14 years.

For a minute let us compare the money market to a tangible market, say in Morocco, where you have been coming daily for 14 years, and myself who just walked in and believes that he is getting a great deal on a unique rug made by a relative of the friendly salesperson. He is giving me a great deal because he is in a good mood and he likes me. He tells me 'Please don't believe me, first look around first for a better deal.' The other merchants are in on this and I believe I am getting a great deal. Until I see the same rug in the hotel shop at a tenth of the price. Of course you would have a good laugh.

There is a moment of trust and letting go of control involved in every human transaction.

The links you googled and some more since were found by me also, look at the dates and please note that they appeared on the internet AFTER I had invested. I was one of the earlier targets.

What was new to me, and to many others, is the very existence of Boiler rooms, how often does the average person come into contact with a real-life conspiracy?

What I hope readers get by my story is that Boiler rooms evolve, they probably read these forums and adapt their tactics accordingly, in my case they totally dropped the hard sell and the tell-tale 'Act Soon Or Else Miss Out' aspect.

I was told many times not to invest if I didn't feel totally okay with this and to take my time deciding.

In one of the earlier conversations Charlie told me that he firmly believed in the 20 - 60- 20 rule: 20% invested in the market, 60% in savings accounts and government bonds, 20% liquid to be able to act should an opportunity arise.

In the meantime I have read and seen a lot about boiler rooms, including a BBC interview with an ex-employee.

It seems that Boiler room workers start acting and talking as if they really believe that they are hot-shot market players instead of thieves. The group thing makes it like a game to them and their team wants to win. Boiler rooms can make USD 1.000.000 a week. They never meet the victims and they forget that there are real victims. They don't feel remorse because they tell themselves that anyone stupid enough to trust them would have lost the money sooner or later anyway, they behave like all predators and follow the laws of the jungle where deception is used as a part of the hunt.

Again, Lee, many thanks to your expertise and to this forum, it was the first clue I had in finding out I was in the middle of being scammed.

Mike

Thanks Anley, I had read over it the first time but the westerncapitaltrading.com website administrative contact name is:

Pornphan Limpakorn

Young guys humor with some truth to it because most Thailand based Boiler room workers spend our money in the 'massage' establishments

For a minute let us compare the money market to a tangible market, say in Morocco, where you have been coming daily for 14 years, and myself who just walked in and believes that he is getting a great deal on a unique rug made by a relative of the friendly salesperson. He is giving me a great deal because he is in a good mood and he likes me. He tells me 'Please don't believe me, first look around first for a better deal.' The other merchants are in on this and I believe I am getting a great deal. Until I see the same rug in the hotel shop at a tenth of the price. Of course you would have a good laugh.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I totally see where your coming from, however, in these cases the boiler guys will always be one step ahead of us with regards to selling tactics ect, they practice all day every day. I would understand if you'd have gone into the rug shop but you didn't, they came to you, knocking on your door and telling you about a flying rug and how it will lead you to a pot of gold.

Golden rules for money. (not exhausted)

If it seems too good to be true ect.

Dont buy from cold callers.

Do your due diligence. (regarding the investment, not the pusher)

You very lucky to get your money back. They've now probably learnt not to do it again so the next person may not be so lucky.

No offence meant by the post Mike, just so many people want a quick easy buck with no work or investigation only to then complain when they've been shafted. To be fair, most dont know what to do, my words to that are if in doubt, go without.

Good luck with your future investments.

Lee Shepherd.

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the lucky one who had come across this forum. For your info the guy who contacted me is called Oscar Lewis.

One question though, how come they have not been caught until today? Aren't there any kind of authority who would hunt down these people so that other people will not be conned.

Also, they make their case so well that Paco Oil & Gas appeared on reuters news, which then make them looks very genuine...

Thanks again for this forum and good luck in all your investment.

cymeng

One question though, how come they have not been caught until today? Aren't there any kind of authority who would hunt down these people so that other people will not be conned.

Simply because they're hard to track down and the Police have very limited resources, plus of course the individual frauds are relativly small.

For example, say I lost £10k to them and reported them to the Police in the UK. They find out that they might be located in Thailand, that's going to be a lot of work AND money to track them down, easier for the Police to concentrate on catching speeders :)

Also, as they're based in dodgy countries they often pay off the local cops to protect them and inform when other agencies from foreign countries are starting to ask questions.

Also, they make their case so well that Paco Oil & Gas appeared on reuters news, which then make them looks very genuine...

cymeng

Cymeng,

Check the reuters report, read it, then tell me its a good investment. Just because it's featured on a news feed does not constitute buying it. You can find the link to reuters from my research post on paco a few posts back.

Simply because they're hard to track down and the Police have very limited resources, plus of course the individual frauds are relativly small.

For example, say I lost £10k to them and reported them to the Police in the UK. They find out that they might be located in Thailand, that's going to be a lot of work AND money to track them down, easier for the Police to concentrate on catching speeders :)

Also, as they're based in dodgy countries they often pay off the local cops to protect them and inform when other agencies from foreign countries are starting to ask questions.

I see your point and of course there's other legal matter such as in which court they are to be charged etc etc... Well then we just have to do our best to expose them.

Also, I would like to thanks Lee for his effort in analysing this company.. great job...

SCAMS -
Truth of matter here! I don't even give my bank details over the phone to anyone not even untility companies! Ive had the lines "We need your bank details to process" just tell them to send it to you and when you know where it's going you "may" do it, Another good one is ask them the following "I'll give you my bank details when you give me the address and keys to your house"

As for shares dealings, join a reputable stockbroker company in the London stock exchange, they will deal with private investors and oh by the way they could not find the company Paco Oil and Gas or POGC in the US!!

BEWARE of the MANY FRAUD e-mails still doing the rounds regarding "your" bank is updating it's servers etc and you need to log in to your account", YEP more like your login details are sent somewhere else!!! Banks will NEVER ask you to do this even if a server crashed completly, and even if the server room got destroyed (not that they can by fire mind because all server rooms have a very intelligent fire detection and extinguish system) But because it is all backed up by themselves! I get many from banks I never bank with, you will get many till they find the one your with, just check the address bar continuosly to see what site your being directed to, OR SIMPLY DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME because it's all SCAM's!

Last edited:
Hi..well, I had an letter from Paco with my share certificate, so I telephoned them. Their address is 718 Highway 82 East, Sherman, Texas USA 75090 +1 940 634 1839. I spoke to a very pleasant lady and explained my concerns. She was able to look up my share certificate number and confirmed the exact number, the amount of shares, the price I paid, even the fact that the money they received was from a joint account! I put the address in google and it came up with Paco Petroleum at that address and their website is paco petroleum. She certainly confirmed that my share certificate is legal but she also pointed out that I should have been advised from the outset that these shares are restricted by Rule 144 - clearly shown on my share certificate - so for me it means I cannot do anything with them until November 08. I also checked out the President of Paco Oil and Gas, who comes up as Librada Thomas President PACO Oil and Gas Inc, with exactly the same telephone number that was on my letter and exactly the same number I had telephoned.....so,what to believe? Do I believe that EVERYTHING is a scam, right down to the receptionist at Paco Petroleum/Oil/Gas.....that they have such a tight fraud going that they can put their hands to my share certificate number and tell me all my details? You could say "yes" -because this is a multi-million pound scam and therefore they need to get it right....so not content with having established ALL of the above, I telephoned Wells Fargo Bank, which is where we sent our money - 101 S1-35 East Denton Texas 76205 USA - I quoted them the Beneficiary Account Number and they were able to tell me that the "beneficiary" receiving my money was Paco...so, are Wells Fargo in on this as well?? You could call me a blind fool, but right at this moment, given the time and research I have done, I DO think I have a legal share certificate - of course I may be proved wrong and I may come back in November to you all and tell you that you were RIGHT! I have been 100% scammed. The only saving grace I have, (not that it makes it any less painful) is that, by comparison, I only spent a piddly amount - just over 2K -so in the big picture, if it does turn out to be nothing but a big fat fraud, I havent left my family starving or without a roof over our heads!

PLEASE do your research again, As I have previously mentioned, the Wells Fargo Bank Phone Number on the notes from FEDEX is NOT the same as the actual real Wells Fargo Bank at the real address! This is mentioned further by "Being Managed" ALSO THESE IMS GUYS ARE USING SAT-PHONES!?!? from the redirecting SWISS and probably the US phone numbers!