Numerical Tests for Optiver and IMC Tibra etc

VladosLocos

Hey guys,
I know there are a lot of threads on those tests,but I've got a specific question that has not been answered yet, especially for Optiver.

I understand you get 80 multiple choice questions in 8 minutes, mental arithmetic.
My question is:
How close are the given answers to each other? would you get:

a) 22.445 b) 22.345 c) 22.245 d) 22.145

or more like: a) 22.445 b) 26.21 c) 28 d) 19.99

also, do u answer on the screen, i.e. on the computer or do u tick the answer on a piece of paper?

it is piece of paper and the answers arent all very close to each other

you probably eliminate most of the wrong answers in the first second and focus more on the 2-3 close to the correct answer.

do u have any advice on how to practice?? basicly ive set up a spread sheet that comes up with random numbers that I then multiply, add or substract but is that really it?
any books, techniques or programmes u suggest?

iv also got a test lined up. had a look at a few forums to see what they have come up with. need to see a practice test to get a better idea of what is coming up. made a practice on a spreadsheet too.

When's your test Vllados?

If you think you're fast, you're probably still not fast enough. The Optiver test is madness. Good luck!

Honestly if one has to practice to pass these tests he probably won't last even if he manages to get hired. Training program is way more difficult than these tests.

do u have any advice on how to practice?? basicly ive set up a spread sheet that comes up with random numbers that I then multiply, add or substract but is that really it?
any books, techniques or programmes u suggest?

the method you invented is actually all you need for the numerical bit