My proposals for improved T2W

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one come to know the real reason?

By spending more than 5 minutes trying to learn about the world rather than continually hunting for a quick fix and expecting to be spoon fed knowledge.

The fact is, the markets are complex. Don't like that fact? Just too bad.

1. Ban all bots/profiles that exhibit bot-ish behaviour
2. Complete thread purge... delete all threads except the legendary ones (subject to vote by most reliable, mature and longest standing mods)
3. Cap on the amount of posts per account per day subject to content review or some sort of rep basis
4. Scam section where scams carried out on users can be discussed and kept separate e.g. bucket shops, stock brokers, thieving hedge funds etc
5. Account purge. Deleting accounts who haven't posted in yonkers. Should cut down on multi-nicking
6. Lightening Ahmedinejad
7. New professional/profitable traders (they can prove it if they want it enough) members can't post outside of learning threads for 6 weeks so the same annoying questions don't keep coming up. That way they can be redirected to old thread answering their questions without clogging up the main board
8. Weekly cap on thread creation.
9. Change this sh1t red and grey screen

Now you know why I don't want a monitor's job!.

Even if sharkey gave you 1% of his scam advert income? You'd be able to retire in a year.

Well, we know that it is an unpaid job, beforehand, so it's no good moaning about that afterwards. Added to that, though, to do it properly is a lot of work.

Apart from that, all the guys that I got along with are all monitors (bit of butterin' up, 'ere--got to keep 'em sweet :))

Well, almost all of them. :whistling

By spending more than 5 minutes trying to learn about the world rather than continually hunting for a quick fix and expecting to be spoon fed knowledge.

The fact is, the markets are complex. Don't like that fact? Just too bad.

GJ, I don't expect to be spoon fed or to have a quick fix. I would love to be able to know/recognise the reason behind 'moves' as Arabian said but to be quite honest I have no idea where to start in 'learning about the world'. I rely almost 100% on TA and i recognise that this, along with some discipline problems, are my major weakness when it comes to trading.

If you can think of a way to help me learn without spoonfeeding me then i would really appreciate that.

N.B this post could be interpreted as quite faceitious/hostile whatever but it's not meant like that! Cheers.

GJ, I don't expect to be spoon fed or to have a quick fix. I would love to be able to know/recognise the reason behind 'moves' as Arabian said but to be quite honest I have no idea where to start in 'learning about the world'. I rely almost 100% on TA and i recognise that this, along with some discipline problems, are my major weakness when it comes to trading.

If you can think of a way to help me learn without spoonfeeding me then i would really appreciate that.

N.B this post could be interpreted as quite faceitious/hostile whatever but it's not meant like that! Cheers.

Didn't take it like that at all, and my post, while quoting yours, wasn't specifically aimed at you either - was merely a general comment.

I do appreciate the fact that it is a fair bit harder to get on top of non technical info when not working at a bank or other participant in the wholesale markets, but I have two comments on that issue;

1) Hard does not mean impossible. The quality of information available to people, on the web and elsewhere, absolutely for free these days with little or no effort is simply staggering to me. Compared to when I got into the markets in the early 90s it just doesn't remotely compare. So no excuse really imho.

2) Even the people who decide to focus solely on TA seem to be cr@p and indisciplined at it largely. I see so much bogus TA on this site that I lose all respect. In terms of tools available for this particular discipline, retail traders have ALL the tools available to them that the bank guys have. There is absolutely nothing I do in TA myself on my bloomberg or wherever that I can't do on, for example, an MT4 / Prorealtime or similar chart, and to be perfectly honest at home if I can't be @rsed to boot up the bloomie, I am equally happy with my Netdania setup (I have all my charts on there as a backup).

Which for me means it all boils down to the same issue - laziness. If the markets were easy to master then no-one would wanna do anything else. Ever.

As to how to become better aquainted with the fundamentals etc, there are lots of sites, blogs etc that have this well covered. And remember that this is a grown ups game, which means there aren't always right answers, sometimes only shades of grey. That's an aspect of economics that people usually fail to embrace. They run to TA because they think they can find something that's black and white.

Make sense?

Just my $0.02

GJ

This site will not get any better, it is what it is and that's it. My advice to anyone who wants something different is to go and create your own....but i will tell you this....it will not work, so don't bother.

This site will not get any better, it is what it is and that's it. My advice to anyone who wants something different is to go and create your own....but i will tell you this....it will not work, so don't bother.
Hi Paul71,
I'm on a mission to prove you - and others who share your view - wrong, and I will not rest until I achieve it. The site is what the members make it and, in many respects, it works very well. Yes, there are things wrong with it, but action can and will be taken to address the problems to ensure that the quality of content improves. The pump is primed and improvements are starting to trickle through. Want an example? No problem, check this out:
http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/interviews/interview-with-a-forex-analyst/?r
;)
Tim.

My advice to anyone who wants something different is to go and create your own....but i will tell you this....it will not work, so don't bother.

This is a contradiction, you advise those who want something different to create it themselves then tell them not to because it wont work ?

Paul

Hi Paul71,
I'm on a mission to prove you - and others who share your view - wrong, and I will not rest until I achieve it. The site is what the members make it and, in many respects, it works very well. Yes, there are things wrong with it, but action can and will be taken to address the problems to ensure that the quality of content improves. The pump is primed and improvements are starting to trickle through. Want an example? No problem, check this out:
http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/interviews/interview-with-a-forex-analyst/?r
;)
Tim.

Tim,

You've probably taken my comments as derogatory, this was not my intention. This site works perfectly fine, all that we need is a t2w souvenir shop and the old style Dow comp back. Maybe a t2w system that gives an early morning call for the EURDOL or something and we will be in business. As for the member input and content, forget that, you are flogging a dead horse, besides i'm not interested in what other members have to say in the main.:)

This is a contradiction, you advise those who want something different to create it themselves then tell them not to because it wont work ?

Paul

Then i'm a contradicting bugger, Paul. Mmm i quite like the idea, no i don't. If people want to talk trading, then crack on, they can create thier own little thread with only perfect trading talk allowed. It's ideal, i'd love to see it done, can someone give it a shot......please?:)

Since when was that enough to earn a ban ?

If you insist on applying that crireria, there'll be noone left ! (apart from females of course)

Yes, what about girls that used to be boys? I know of least one person on here who has t!ts and a d!ck (not me by the way:)).

Status
Not open for further replies.