Moraga Derivatives Ltd

PualoP

Anybody heard of this firm or get any info? Saw their advert on http://jobs.efinancialcareers.com/job-4000000000108097.htm so thought I'd shoot of an application to see what happens. Their registered office is off Oxford Street which is pretty weired, not really the place I'd expect a prop firm to be. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

PualoP said:
Anybody heard of this firm or get any info? Saw their advert on http://jobs.efinancialcareers.com/job-4000000000108097.htm so thought I'd shoot of an application to see what happens. Their registered office is off Oxford Street which is pretty weired, not really the place I'd expect a prop firm to be. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Incorporated 20 June 2005. Unlikely that people will have much experience with them. :)

Yeah thats what I found out as well. Went down to where their office was supposed to be and just found a load of temping agencies. Thought it might have been a bogus add and just a CV harvest by some unscrupulous recruitment agencies ;)

On a side note, has anyone applied to Met Traders and heard anything from them? All the other shops I've applied to have kindly got back to me but had nothing from these lot? Did read the other posts about them and how it takes a fair while for them to get back?

applied for met traders months ago and got nothing back still. although a friend of mine did get an interview. they got back to him almost immediately which isnt a good sign.

Their Office is not in Oxford Circus, It is in London.!!!!!!!

I have had two interviews with them and waiting on the final verdict. They are a start up with no-one at present working for them, all training will be provided as they are not asking for experience.

It has been a while since my last interview and was hoping to know by now...................

Liverpool Street eh? Let me guess, would there address happen to be 155 Bishopsgate?

Cant remember off the top of my head, but cant recall them being at bishopsgate...

anyone else get called up for an interview?

bill g is an honourable guy. he is however (last i knew) still waiting on the funding front to come through. i hope it does come through for him, hes an honourable guya nd in the x number of years ive known him, never eevr stiffed anyone. keep your fingers crossed guys and gals

just as an update i ran into him today..and they are going live in 10 days time so the best of luck to him and his new guys.

Last edited:
PualoP said:
Liverpool Street eh? Let me guess, would there address happen to be 155 Bishopsgate?

They're based at Broadgate in front of the Ice rink.

I've just been offered the chance to go and get my knowledge of the financial markets tested by them. Now a few months have passed, does anyone know any more about them (or even trade for them)?

Cheers

JD

Last edited:
Jaydee said:
They're based at Broadgate in front of the Ice rink.

I've just been offered the chance to go and get my of the financial markets tested by them. Now a few months have passed, does anyone know any more about them (or even trade for them)?

Cheers

JD

Hi There,

I have been there few times and interested in them. They are starting a new batch in January. No Squak box or newswire there. This what is making me bit edgeee. They said the desk fee is going to around £1600 with access to one exchange. round trip on LiFEE will cost £ 1.30 to £ 1.40 if you are trading FTSE futures. If you are trading Eurex based index futures round trip will be Eur 2.40. Do you think that reasonable ?

Pitscum said:
bill g is an honourable guy. he is however (last i knew) still waiting on the funding front to come through. i hope it does come through for him, hes an honourable guya nd in the x number of years ive known him, never eevr stiffed anyone. keep your fingers crossed guys and gals

just as an update i ran into him today..and they are going live in 10 days time so the best of luck to him and his new guys.

Hi There,

I agree with you on bill g being a decent guy. I have been offered to start there in the new year but they have new channel or squak box. How important do you think this is ? I think it is very very imp to have some sort of news info coming in. I think you cant just rely on tech analysis alone to make decision. What do you think ????

constant stream of news coming in is pretty important. id be surprised if is too long before they invest in a squak box. also commission seem a bit pricey if you ask me. know nothing about the firm itself tho. altho i think any opportunity in the industry is worth taking now its pretty tough to get a break

SHOPFRONT said:
Hi There,

I have been there few times and interested in them. They are starting a new batch in January. No Squak box or newswire there. This what is making me bit edgeee. They said the desk fee is going to around £1600 with access to one exchange. round trip on LiFEE will cost £ 1.30 to £ 1.40 if you are trading FTSE futures. If you are trading Eurex based index futures round trip will be Eur 2.40. Do you think that reasonable ?

What an absolute rip off!!!

What an absolute rip off!!!

Yes, making money as a scalper with those rt costs will be a herculean task. Liffe at £1.40 is bad enough, should be more like £1 max for sponsored or <£0.70 for self funds. Eurex at €2.40 is totally taking ****. Should be €0.90 max for sponsored or <€0.55 for self funds. The rates I quote are market, you can get considerably better if you look around.

SHOPFRONT said:
Hi There,

Irrespective of how good a trader you may be, you will not make any money paying those costs! They are scandalous!!

SHOPFRONT said:
Hi There,

Hi SHOPFRONT

I don't really know enough to comment unfortunately. I'm trying to break into trading from my current position in Financial Services in the city.

I think I need to do more research into Arcades before I commit myself to anything just yet. Living in London isn't exactly cheap and I'm not sure if I have the cash to support my self for months without earning from my profits to begin with.

Thanks for the advice anyhow.

My advice would then be to check out the deal. If they will pay you a monthly salary thatt will allow you to surviive and also fund your initial account then you should not be too concerned with these costs as you will learn a lot even if you do not make more than they pay you as a basic.
I asked around at the weekend and it sounds like the guys who run Moraga are thouroughly decent. I think they will put some tight limits on you to begin with.

twalker said:
My advice would then be to check out the deal. If they will pay you a monthly salary thatt will allow you to surviive and also fund your initial account then you should not be too concerned with these costs as you will learn a lot even if you do not make more than they pay you as a basic.
I asked around at the weekend and it sounds like the guys who run Moraga are thouroughly decent. I think they will put some tight limits on you to begin with.

Thanks for above. They are not going to pay a basic salary. So it seems like its going to be a hard garft.