Message For Ftse Traders......

I'm possibly looking at a long at some point, but I wasn't trading against the downtrend. As you know I tried to pick the bottom yesterday!

It has stalled atm though so we shall see

I got blown out. Timing is key as ever :)

Looking for a re-entry though, on the long side.

edit, yes, never wise to pick a bottom.. I should learn!

Yes you are right spitilink.......I honestly never do move it, only on rare occasions where i have more than doubled my daily target I tend to do some experiments outside of my trading system

I was not supposed to trade this week and last week because i ws supposed to discipline myself.......

So i decided to take this week as an experimental week and try a few strategies

i have to admit it is good fun trying something new and it has given me a good reward so far so i'm not going complain because as traders we must accept losses as it make us humble and neutralises the ego

where is the FTSE now.............3886......Arr!!

haha..........

welcome to the life of a day trader .........haha!!

I'm bullish for today guys and i thin we are headed back up!!

haha..........

I like your sense of humour. On a bad day, I spit tacks !

I've found out the am and pm trends are, often, quite different so I am sure that you will get it back before the close

Until tomorrow, then.

Split

haha..........

Always the way WS! To me the last three days are starting to look like a bear flag on a downtrend for the last 3 weeks. What do you think?

Out now at 3890 as price has broken out of my channel. Should have known and closed at 3870, but hey ho.

You should always have confirmation or you lose profits if the trend continues.

Anyone else see a potential H&S setting up on the futures. The neckline is around 3860 and the measured move would be yesterday's low at 370 area.

Our continued failure to get past the 5DMA on the Futures 5 min chart has me in honey pot mode.

Went Long at 3870 stop loss was at 3850 now moved to break even. Put on a trailing stop loss of 15points and every 5point step. Take profit at 3910.

Got the 100pounds from iii but still using my own money in ig.

Took this trade as a bounce off the uptrend line entered using the 5min.

Hey tennisball what time scales you using at the moment?

Viks

You should always have confirmation or you lose profits if the trend continues.

I totally agree Rennie, but I saw 3870 as resistance and I was expecting price to rally from there. So I should have gone with my instincts, rather than give back 20 points to be proved right.

Still, it's all a learning curve.

BTW long at 3888, stop 3878, first target 3912.

Went Long at 3870 stop loss was at 3850 now moved to break even. Put on a trailing stop loss of 15points and every 5point step. Take profit at 3910.

Got the 100pounds from iii but still using my own money in ig.

Took this trade as a bounce off the uptrend line entered using the 5min.

Hey tennisball what time scales you using at the moment?

Viks

Daily, 1 hour, 10 min and 5 min. I found the 1 min on the IG system to be unreliable as trendlines are displayed incorrectly. I'll only take a directional position when the signals are right on all timescales otherwise I end up pissing in the wind!

I like your sense of humour. On a bad day, I spit tacks !

I've found out the am and pm trends are, often, quite different so I am sure that you will get it back before the close

Until tomorrow, then.

Split

look where the market is now spitlink.............3900 again

this system I am using this week is very good in its analysis, but it seems to have a time lag..........i.e. off by 10 -20 points hence my entry stop loss are all messed up and get triggered and i am forced to move my stop loss!!

40points taken guys woo hoo!
I think instead of putting that profit target in I should've put a much tighter trailing stop.

Viks