Message For Ftse Traders......

2 day 10 min chart

FTSe hits 50 day EMA(3805) and then bounces ...always a good level of support!!

20 day EMA has been pierced though

still bullish unless 3800 breaks and then we are going down and i will start to short, but the US markets positive bias should keep the markets up for now?

Yes, I was long at 3810, took a few points but closed out ahead of the 11am news. I think there'll be likely be a strong movement after that. I'm setting up a sell order at 3790 just in case :)

3800 seems rock solid today. If it gets through it I think it could be a big slide down... :)

3800 seems rock solid today. If it gets through it I think it could be a big slide down... :)

yes I amended my stop loss to 3790 because i still believe we are going up and market makers may want to take out our stops...I will go short on FTSE when i see 2 bar confirmation below 4000 on 10 min chart!!........

I shorted the DAX (the hedge methodology we discussed in the morning SD) and got 10 points from it, which in turn will give me the ability to widen my stop loss on FTSE at no extra cost!!

do you understand?

I'm now long 3811, stop at 3799, target 3838. Looks to me like a pretty conclusive double bottom off 3800 but stand to be corrected??

I've been trying to tell people on more than one thread for the past 6 months. This is a bear market. It looks to me as if I am the only one out of step, here. Anyone who is buying is on a hiding to nowhere, if they keep it up. The occasional successful trading spell will always happen, but the probabilities are down. I have been seeking early trading rises as an opportunity to sell into strength for ages and, believe me, I am not clever. I've just got a bee in my bonnet about the trend direction.

Rant over.

Split

yes I amended my stop loss to 3790 because i still believe we are going up and market makers may want to take out our stops...I will go short on FTSE when i see 2 bar confirmation below 4000 on 10 min chart!!........

I shorted the DAX (the hedge methodology we discussed in the morning SD) and got 10 points from it, which in turn will give me the ability to widen my stop loss on FTSE at no extra cost!!

do you understand?

Clear as anything! Thanks WS.

i'm not in the ftse - just watching it at the moment. what's the 11am news about today?

is this another rescue package for the banks?

dow daily

Attachments

• 4865.jpg
    4865.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 147
I've been trying to tell people on more than one thread for the past 6 months. This is a bear market. It looks to me as if I am the only one out of step, here. Anyone who is buying is on a hiding to nowhere, if they keep it up. The occasional successful trading spell will always happen, but the probabilities are down. I have been seeking early trading rises as an opportunity to sell into strength for ages and, believe me, I am not clever. I've just got a bee in my bonnet about the trend direction.

Rant over.

Split

I totally agree with your methodology my friend and it is a very low risk strategy, but there is still scope to scalp 10-20 points regardless of which direction the overall trend is in

what do you do if the market shoots up from yesterdays lows...what is your stop loss on all your shorts!!

the market hit a low of 3780 yesterday, but has consequently risen to 3850 intraday today?

were you stopped out of your shorts ..........

it is a good strategy that works, but only for you my friend

we all have different strategies and methods and if we keep our stop losses in place we will prosper regardless of which direction the market is headed as we will always live to trade another day

I went long last night on all Indices in a bear market and did tremendously(understatement) well ......this market is oversold and we will see a spike up, because it always happens when everybody says short,short ,short!!

just like the housing market when everybody said buy, buy, buy.........

please dont get me wrong my friend I appreciate your input on this thread and wish you every success in your trading

take care

Right.

Went long at 3805, with a stop at 3775. Initial target 3835, at which stage I will trail my stop hoping for 50 points or thereabouts.

If it's like yesterday I'll get stopped out in half an hour!!