Message For Ftse Traders......

looks like we could be testing the 3800/3790 mark again soon?

Edit: Maybe Not!

for me its neutral . the downtrend is still in place so the odds are still down. we need to break 3855 to suggest a change in pattern and break 3772 to suggest continuation.

looks like its up to usa to decide?

for me its neutral . the downtrend is still in place so the odds are still down. we need to break 3855 to suggest a change in pattern and break 3772 to suggest continuation.

looks like its up to usa to decide?

Yeah the US futures are up a bit but quite volatile.

I'm off to do 10K before the US opens...

Edit: I mean run 10K, not blow £10,000 lol!

Quick question to everyone here.
How long have you been trading? How many years, months etc.

Viks

Quick question to everyone here.
How long have you been trading? How many years, months etc.

Viks

I have been full time since January (redundancy :clap: )

I have been a medium term trader/investor in shares for a good few years but never had time to be as active as I'd like. Now I have that chance.

But I'm loving trading indices at the moment. FX scares me, not sure why! :cry:

Oh...1 more posts, im addicted!!

have a look at rio tinto chart guys and you tell me not to short that??

it is screaming out to every one, short short me!!

I'd be a bit wary of that trendline at around 1710 on the daily chart. It likes bouncing off that. Otherwise, it can move quite fast and looks like it could get really smashed up if this market fails.

It's more that I was poking fun at myself, as I kept lookign for long positions yesterday... complete madness...

It's more that I was poking fun at myself, as I kept lookign for long positions yesterday... complete madness...

ok.

i tend to not look for a long or short bias, if you do this you tend to miss the bigger picture and put on a posy and get stubborn........ just go with the market, up or down who cares?!

ok.

i tend to not look for a long or short bias, if you do this you tend to miss the bigger picture and put on a posy and get stubborn........ just go with the market, up or down who cares?!

True. There are opportunities in either direction.

minime - thank you for the link to you FTSE traders. Will monitor for a while and chip in if I have anything of note. I fully believe I can earn a decent living daytrading the FTSE and hopefully a few of you are already doing so.

minime - thank you for the link to you FTSE traders. Will monitor for a while and chip in if I have anything of note. I fully believe I can earn a decent living daytrading the FTSE and hopefully a few of you are already doing so.

welcome

Welcome on board!!
KJ

I thought you had a kitchen to do??

my father (bob the builder was taking his time getting the stuff together).....

just ripped out the lino and units, and i've just come home to get a few more spanners......

off out again!!

I got stopped out of my FTSE position as well guys......

lost 8 points in the end, still not bad!!

I am remaining neutral for the rest of the day.....but i will be reading everybody's analysis on my iphone!!

I'd be a bit wary of that trendline at around 1710 on the daily chart. It likes bouncing off that. Otherwise, it can move quite fast and looks like it could get really smashed up if this market fails.

thanks for your advice my friend...........I have ameneded stop loss to 1825!!

target is 1500/1600

FTSE is looking weak guys.................blame the DAX!!

im off out ..............my analysis isnt working very well today, but who cares

"you shall take my life, but you will never take my freedom", William Wallace

"you shall take out my stop loss, but you shall never take away my capital"....wallstreet edited version.... haha!!

Hi MartinC
I'm looking to make a living from this as well.

So far it's a big learning curve.
I'm currently in loss but still alive learning new things everyday.

3765/3770 as a support?