Message For Ftse Traders......

Did anyone took a look at EUR/GBP?

I`m riding a nice short from the top at 0.9001.. +60 already!

Right - I am short FTSE at 4197.3
Stop is 4230
First Target is 4180 and aim is to see 4140

Reasons are that Minus Development on the 0830 candle is now confirmed following spike as market tried to find a way back to yesterday's value area and failed.

KJ

I`m shorting too.. With the same target, but S/L at 4204!

Got on the break of the inside bar on 1hr T/F!

Right - I am short FTSE at 4197.3
Stop is 4230
First Target is 4180 and aim is to see 4140

Reasons are that Minus Development on the 0830 candle is now confirmed following spike as market tried to find a way back to yesterday's value area and failed.

KJ

I was short 4195 came out flat as it wasn't foing anywhere for me and wanted to be out pre news, seems to be support at 4190 level.

just had a message from sharky,the administrator
he is saying that we must keep this thread to ftse trading...
no,just joking
anything that makes money
eurgbp was in the death zone.no idea why it reacted to news from the usa,yesterday
anybody got any ideas.??

There were a number of factors I reckon, the unemployment numbers in the UK today (which were not too bad), also inflation report today, profit taking from the recent rally in sterling, FTSE 100 tanking yesterday. And another reason I thought of was that if this U.S stimulus package whereby the govt will buy up toxic assets is applied to U.S banks with business in the UK, then that means toxic debt from the U.K will be sold to the U.S govt, which results in the selling of sterling. ?? maybe i'm wrong

I was short 4195 came out flat as it wasn't foing anywhere for me and wanted to be out pre news, seems to be support at 4190 level.

My view FWIW is that we are seeing hesitation pre the 1030 Inflation Report. Once this is out it should free the markets up. At this stage I don't think the 'Other Frame' (longer term) players are in yet. In other words we are at the mercy of the 'Short Frame' (locals and daytraders) traders who don't have the muscle / inclination to move the market too far..... Once the Other Frame players come in they will show the market direction and everyone will jump on the bandwagon.....

My view FWIW is that we are seeing hesitation pre the 1030 Inflation Report. Once this is out it should free the markets up. At this stage I don't think the 'Other Frame' (longer term) players are in yet. In other words we are at the mercy of the 'Short Frame' (locals and daytraders) traders who don't have the muscle / inclination to move the market too far..... Once the Other Frame players come in they will show the market direction and everyone will jump on the bandwagon.....

Please remember I am very new to this so take anything I say with a pinch of salt!!

just had a message from sharky,the administrator
he is saying that we must keep this thread to ftse trading...
no,just joking
anything that makes money
eurgbp was in the death zone.no idea why it reacted to news from the usa,yesterday
anybody got any ideas.??

Could it be that the rescue plan for the US directly involves us given the level of exposure UK banks have to the US banking sector?

Hi Guys

Could not trade on Mon because of work, but hope you guys caught some of those big moves yesterday on the indices. Are we expecting a bounce today?

kitejedi..thanks for the info on eurgbp.i did not think that that fx cross would be affected.but it played nicely because of thatintothe death zone.this is a crazy world

KJ

Well done with your analysis - you are thinking like an experienced trader!! I for one will be watching out for your posts!

KJ

Well done with your analysis - you are thinking like an experienced trader!! I for one will be watching out for your posts!

Thanks you for your kind words - am currently 20 points down on my FTSE trade to please don't base too much around what I'm saying!!!

KJ

Following yesterday's furore I think we are yet to see the Other Frame players in. It's looking as if yesterday's new value area (where we are today) is being accepted by the market for the time being. Alternatively this could be nervousness. I am now placing two orders as follows - both with initial 10 point profit targets:

Buy FTSE @ 4234 (Stop @ 4224)
Sell FTSE @ 4173 (Stop @ 4183)

Why? Because I am looking for scalping opportunities when / if the market breaks through Initial Balance and starts to test price extremes......

KJ

Last edited:
Following yesterday's furore I think we are yet to see the Other Frame players in. It's looking as if yesterday's new value area (where we are today) is being accepted by the market for the time being. Alternatively this could be nervousness. I am now placing two orders as follows - both with initial 10 point profit targets:

Buy FTSE @ 4234 (Stop @ 4224)
Sell FTSE @ 4173 (Stop @ 4183)

Why? Because I am looking for scalping opportunities when / if the market breaks through Initial Balance and starts to test price extremes......

KJ

keep that analysis coming.

I had a lengthy chat with Sir William last night for the first time and he is very impressed with your progress in the Market Profile arena