Message For Ftse Traders......

IG charts is really good people, thank you for all your support

I also downloaded Ninja trader which is pretty good and i get live free data from zenfire....not bad hey!! only problem is its 10-20 points difference from my CMC prices which can cause confusion when trading.........

expect pullback on DAX to 20 day EMA around 4620-4610 as marathon run needs to re-energise itself for the next leg up if there is going to be any

Also historical pull backs were equal to 40-50 points from 4670 region.....

short DAX @ market open at around 4650'ish I think..........CMC isn't showing market prices yest!!

short DAX 4650 ....stop loss 4675.....target 4620-10!!

Last edited:
FTSE has another nice shorting opportunity......

looking to get in asap at market open

but there seems to be support around 4290 region.....so i am bit concerned there otherwise 4260 is next target!!

I will also short @ open ................target 4260!! stop loss 25 points

I will provide entry points for both shorts in the morning....

off to sleep now!!

as i speak Dow is pulling back along with S&P ......I shorted those as soon as market opened and they are looking nicely in profit right now, but i will not talk about US indices on this thread!!

take care all and good moroning in 5 mins......haha!!

the market will open exactly where I said it wall fall to in my last nights analysis.......i.e my exit point if I had been short where i told you in my emails

CMC markets begins trading at 7am and i was unable to open any short positions last night except on US indices.....so spreadbetting can be better than CFD's in that perspective as IG markets was quoting FTSE & DAX at the prices i had said i would have been shorting!!

Anyway I have already exceeded my daily profit target over night and as you know i tend not to trade after i have hit that as Greed tends to kick in and you start to loose money!!

80 points on DOW
12 points on S&P

So gutted i didnt short this morning, another bad decision or should i say lack of decision! anyone got any thoughts on how things will go today?

long DAX 4602 ...stop loss 4570!! target 4650 and above

Normally i trade 2-3 contracts.......but...

I have decided to trade only one 1 contract for the rest of the day for the benefit of the newbies and to keep myself busy for the rest of the day......

It is going against my rule but work is pretty quiet this morning and it will keep me entertained....

Last edited:
So gutted i didnt short this morning, another bad decision or should i say lack of decision! anyone got any thoughts on how things will go today?

you will get another chance my friend........so don't worry!!

the opportunities are endless in this market...........!!

long DAX 4602 ...stop loss 4570!! target 4650 and above

Normally i trade 2-3 contracts.......but...

I have decided to trade only one 1 contract for the rest of the day for the benefit of the newbies and to keep myself busy for the rest of the day......

It is going against my rule but work is pretty quiet this morning and it will keep me entertained....

amend stop loss to break even guys..........

where is everyone this morning?

you lazy buggers where are you, I hope you are not sleeping?

Kitjedi.......tennisball?

Hi guys, I am a complete novice to trading on teh FTSe, never done it. I was looking to try today, only setuyp my IG index account over teh weekendm any help would go a long way, thanks guys.

Yes i know, i'll keep positive and ive gone long on the dax, fingers crossed!

i would be very grateful if you would post entry, exit , and target for each trade please.......

i.e.

long DAx 4602 , stop loss 4570 , target 4650!!

It will help you learn to look for entry and exit points and also help you with sticking to your stop loss.....so it all become mechanical and no emotions!!

and no blue peter trades......as per Ceydababy's words who started this thread !!

Hi guys, I am a complete novice to trading on teh FTSe, never done it. I was looking to try today, only setuyp my IG index account over teh weekendm any help would go a long way, thanks guys.

welcome welcome my friend....................

i strongly advise you to learn first before you start trading.....

look under the newbies thread for all the advice you need ............

Morning Guys!

Ive just closed my short on Footsie for 40+..

Got a entry yestarday before sleep at 4306 and closed few min ago at 4366..

Morning Guys!

Ive just closed my short on Footsie for 40+..

Got a entry yestarday before sleep at 4306 and closed few min ago at 4366..

well done......you are a pro!!

thanks for the charting package advice, I have access to IG and ninja trader and they are pretty good!!

Good morning,
I attended a seminar last week, a new company called ETX capital was there with a stall and they
will open an account with £100 of their own money. You can play with it and if you make any profit,thats yours to take. They are into spreadbetting.
May be worth a try, nothing to loose. The guys are ex employees if IG index.

Take care