Message For Ftse Traders......

It's late Friday - the Dow's had a long up run today, it's bounced off R2 multipul times. There's no way it can get above that level tonight. I'm short ,so why doesn't it just do the decent thing and collapse?

ftse.the action so far.up at res now.been choppy
no ig charts working for me today.they finally came right....5 mins ago

Attachments

• today.png
    today.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 118
dow...could the support be 8150 or 8100.long columns are called poles in p/f terms.a high pole is usually a sign of weak ness

Attachments

• todaydow.png
    todaydow.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 154
Ahh - now it makes more sense - S&P headed for it's R2 which was beyond the dow's R2. I think. The IG system is great - I learnt from a whole bunch of errors today and it only cost me £2.20! Off for a few days now - see you fellows again Thursday.

the ftse100 is starting to look bullish on the daily chart.suddenly things have turned around
eod dat.50 point box size .3 reversal.hilo data
ok.so now we have a potential bullish breakout from the last upthrust column,about to give a double-top.also,the last few columns have rising lows.support coming in at a higher level.there is a vertical count of 4900.the count of 3000 will be anulled if there is a double-top breakout.this is a short term chart.daily data,a small box size
need to see if the dow,trannies,nas100,S&P 500 all match up to this bullish configuration
also to check the ftse250 are all following the same pattern

Attachments

• bullish.ukx.png
    bullish.ukx.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 137
nas 100 looking very bullish.eod data.25 point box size.3 reversal hilo data
rising lows from 1000 area.about to give a double-top breakout.vert count of 1475.
there is a shakeout pattern.this is the last double-bottom,usually referred to as the first bullish move in an uptrend.this index is giving more reliable trading signals than the dow and s&p500

Attachments

• nas100.png
    nas100.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Now the mid week trading activity is over, I will re-ask my question that keeps getting lost in all the activity! It may also be that there is no solution to my problem, which is fine but I would like someone to confirm this.

What resources / if any / are there with regards to FTSE related economic data!?!?!?!?! I linked back to the nasdaq one a while ago and someone said there was something similar on the lse website, but there isnt.

I feel like I am trading "blind" to an extent by just using the charts, and it would be good to know what data is coming out on any given day so that I can adjust positions as neccesary.

Cheers guys

anybody interested in referring me to IG markets so they can get a prize......

how much do i have to deposit to start off with..........

i am only interested in charting package as it is claimed on T2W thread it is better than CMC which i doubt?

but still want to have a look?

1st person to refer me i will go with them so don't take it personally any one

PM me...............asap?

Good article to read for newbies

"When you first begin considering your stop losses, keep in mind this comment from Tom Baldwin, a leading day-trader. He said “the best traders have no ego.” Successful traders are faced with losses constantly, and they swallow their pride and get out of the position when they have to. This allows them to survive in the market long enough to be successful. They set their stop loss, and then stick to it.

How do you go about setting stop losses? There are several different ways. You could base your stop loss on a percentage retracement, where you allow share prices to retrace a certain percentage of the entry price before you exit. Different indicators can be used to identify where the stop loss is going to be set. You could also use support and resistance stops to set the level at which you'd exit. The key is to simply have a stop loss in place.

Personally, I find these options too subjective. I prefer having a mechanical way to calculate my stop losses, so I use a volatility based stop. The reason I use this type of stop is because volatility generally represents market noise. Consequently, if I measure the stocks volatility, and take a multiple of that value, I'm probably going to have set my stop loss beyond the immediate noise of the market. This ensures I am not stopped out of a position too often.

You can measure volatility by using the average true range of a stock. This value can be found with most charting packages. Basically, the average true range indicates how much a stock will move on average over a certain period. For example, if you had a one dollar stock that moved five cents on average over the last 20 days, that doesn't tell us whether the stock is moving up or down. It just tells us on average how much the particular stock moves. The average true range is a great tool and can be utilized in your trading for more than setting stops. If you're not familiar with it, I recommend you do a little bit of research to learn more.

Before you even enter a position, you now know the point you are going to sell at. If the share price doesn't move in your favored direction, and moves against you, you will know when to sell. Emotions are removed from the equation, and you simply follow what your stop loss dictates.

This is how most successful traders limit their losses. They know when they're going to sell before they begin trading. Although their methods of calculating this stop loss may vary, they all have a stop loss in place. The stop loss is a crucial part of your trading system. Without it, even the best designed trading system can't deliver profits."

Last edited:
anybody interested in referring me to IG markets so they can get a prize......

how much do i have to deposit to start off with..........

i am only interested in charting package as it is claimed on T2W thread it is better than CMC which i doubt?

but still want to have a look?

1st person to refer me i will go with them so don't take it personally any one

PM me...............asap?

The IG Index charts are the best I have found so far, and are practicaly the same as Pro Real Time - ProRealTime : Real Time Technical Analysis Software - sign up for free EOD Data, and test for your self. I assume IG Markets use the same package as IG Index.

Proscreenser is very useful too, if you trade equities.

Ollie

Last edited:
Now the mid week trading activity is over, I will re-ask my question that keeps getting lost in all the activity! It may also be that there is no solution to my problem, which is fine but I would like someone to confirm this.

What resources / if any / are there with regards to FTSE related economic data!?!?!?!?! I linked back to the nasdaq one a while ago and someone said there was something similar on the lse website, but there isnt.

I feel like I am trading "blind" to an extent by just using the charts, and it would be good to know what data is coming out on any given day so that I can adjust positions as neccesary.

Cheers guys

Hi there,

Sorry - I thought I answered this one. There are plenty of sites which offer this data. I use Forex News | Forex Trading News | Currency Trading News for all the major news coming out - it's great bacause it shows past and forecast data as well. I'm pretty sure IG, Finspreads etc. also provide weekly news round-ups etc. You might want to try this as well - FT.com / Companies / Week Ahead .

Hope this helps

KJ

Wallstreet1928, do you have Volume indicators with CMC? I know they're stripped out of IG Index charts, though I wonder if IG Markets has volume.

Ollie

Wallstreet1928, do you have Volume indicators with CMC? I know they're stripped out of IG Index charts, though I wonder if IG Markets has volume.

Ollie

No volume unfortunately on CMC, i haven't got to that stage yet when i can have the ability to discern volume patterns!!

still a rookie guys.........on the path to discovery!!

just helping out with very little i do know....

thanks for the advice guys

No volume unfortunately on CMC, i haven't got to that stage yet when i can have the ability to discern volume patterns!!

still a rookie guys.........on the path to discovery!!

just helping out with very little i do know....

thanks for the advice guys

Though I'm not 100% on this, I think being able to see the volume, would allow you to spot any divergence in the price action. And maybe this would work better than say an MACD indicator for divergence.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though?

I think IG Markets requires a deposit of £1,500 btw.

Ollie