Message For Ftse Traders......

Hello all,
Sorry for the disappearance but I've been scalping the FTSE and then managed to set fire to the kitchen - fat fire.... Anyway 15 points up and now looking to see where the US takes us. Dow has hit 8316 4xtimes since Friday morning - will it break and take everything with it or hold? My view is that, for the time being the markets are sitting pretty where they are, and rangebound......

Anyone noticed the double top on the FTSE from Friday and today??

KJ

Almost a Triple top if you look back to late jan. Just posted some charts that show it quite well.

Hello all,
Sorry for the disappearance but I've been scalping the FTSE and then managed to set fire to the kitchen - fat fire.... Anyway 15 points up and now looking to see where the US takes us. Dow has hit 8316 4xtimes since Friday morning - will it break and take everything with it or hold? My view is that, for the time being the markets are sitting pretty where they are, and rangebound......

KJView attachment 48050

Hadn't been looking for the 3rd top. I think this may be quite significant though.....

Am contemplating putting my shorts on tomorrow

KJ

Hello all,

KJView attachment 48050

long Dow my friend..........expect it to hit 8400 today.........

LIKE I SAID TO YOU ALL PEOPLE IN THE MORNING..................

LONG every INDICES you can see.........................haha!!

good strategy for today only!!

I keep telling my self to stop trading but i keep doing it, I need to teach myself self discpline.........

Is that a good sign people, i just love trading!!

long Dow my friend..........expect it to hit 8400 today.........

I'm going to wait and see for a while. I don't think the other-framers (longer-term) aren't in yet. If it can break 8316 (eventually) then I will join you on the road to 8400!!

KJ

I'm going to wait and see for a while. I don't think the other-framers (longer-term) aren't in yet. If it can break 8316 (eventually) then I will join you on the road to 8400!!

KJ

yes, yes ...welcome my friends!!

everybody welcome upon board my express train to 8400!!

amended my stop loss to break even..........eliminated all risk in my trade!!

up , up and away.......to infinity and beyond!!

yes, yes ...welcome my friends!!

everybody welcome upon board my express train to 8400!!

amended my stop loss to break even..........eliminated all risk in my trade!!

up , up and away.......to infinity and beyond!!

Arrr.................the train has been derailed causing extensive delay or possible cancellation!!

i had a nice £100 profit go down to £20....7 points away from stop loss being triggered to break even!!

lets see what unfolds........

Short FTSE 4314.3
Stop 4324
Target 4300

KJ

good move jedi...........

Oh well the only positive thing is that if this market falls my barclays short 115 ...stop loss 120 will look nice in the morning ..........

I try and try again to trade long term I.e hold position for more than a day but when trades go from profit to breakeven.... it hurts as i could have taken profit!!

oh well i must carry on toiling

By the way. For anyone using IG for charting have a look at your FTSE chart for around 245pm this afternoon and you'll see a 60 point spike on any chart above 5 minutes. Look at a chart below 5 minutes and you won't see the spike. Data feed must have gone askew. Not sure how this affects MA's, indicators etc???

KJ

Ok so I'm flat on all indices....................

Boilout vote........we all wait!!

short gold 895 stop loss $900

Have to go out for a while so I have placed a sell order on the FTSE at 4290 with a stop of 4305 and limit (target) of 4250...

Bye for now
KJ

Fellow traders!
Chelsea sacked the manager. Do you think it will have an impact on the market tomorrow?!!!
it is quiet today. I am off.

Well, I have learned another valuable lesson. GO NOWHERE NEAR THE DOW (for me...)

On capital spreads the stop is pretty ludicrous, like a minimum of 12 points away which is gash for my trading style.

Luckily I found this out whilst still getting out for +10 but still, I will no longer be looking for opportunities there, but just look at it for reference.

FTSE ftw